boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
jim121670
Jim

vCash: 1000
Default Pavlik

Just Like Before The Miranda Fight, Kelly Pavlik Got No Respect. Once Again Before The Jermaine Taylor Fight Pavlik Isn't Getting Respect. Hopkins Should Be The Champion Anyway, But Since Boxing Is Looking For The Next Golden Boy, And Everybody Wants It To Be Taylor, The Only Way Taylor Will Ever Lose, Will Be By Knock Out. Don't Get The Wrong Impression, I Like Taylor, But Facts Are Facts. Pavlik Is Also Undefeated, And Has Knocked Out 28 People, Out Of The 31 He Faced. Now I Understand That Pavlik Hasn't Fought The Talent That Taylor Has, But Pavlik Has Never Been Given The Oppurtunity To Face A Big Named Contender.
jim121670 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 AM   #2
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: Pavlik

I really like the Kid and my respect for his chin has grown heaps since the Miranda fight.

But the fact is he is slow, not that skilled and hasnt faced anyone like Taylor at all.

I hope he wins but I dont reckon he will.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 02:09 AM   #3
rayrayv123
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 8540

I'm pulling for Pavlik myself.He does lack some physical attributes and some talent compared to Taylor,but I think his biggest advantage is if Taylor underestimates him.In my opinion...Pavlik has nothing to lose,and I believe he will fight that way.If Taylor goes into this fight looking past him...it may bring big trouble.
rayrayv123 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 05:05 AM   #4
Ethan Trims
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrayv123
I'm pulling for Pavlik myself.He does lack some physical attributes and some talent compared to Taylor,but I think his biggest advantage is if Taylor underestimates him.In my opinion...Pavlik has nothing to lose,and I believe he will fight that way.If Taylor goes into this fight looking past him...it may bring big trouble.
The only physical attribute that he lacks is speed. Thats about it.
Ethan Trims is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
Pavilik has good speed. He sure as hell isnt slow. He has decent hand speed.
Your right, he has decent speed. But knowing when to throw his punches & where to land them is his biggest asset & makes up for him not having blinding speed. Looking at the total package Pavlik presents to anyone, including Taylor, creates real problems to deal with.

((((((((((((((GO PAVLIK)))))))))))))))

Last edited by JETSKI; 07-18-2007 at 10:30 AM.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #6
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
Your right, he has decent speed. But knowing when to throw his punches & where to land them is his biggest asset & makes up for him not having blinding speed. Looking at the total package, Pavlik presents anyone, including Taylor, real problems to deal with.

((((((((((((((GO PAVLIK)))))))))))))))
Hell yeah! Go Pavlik!!!
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 10:59 AM   #7
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

My question is WHERE THE **** WERE ALL YOU BANDWAGON JUMPING ****SUCKERS AT 6 MONTHS AGO , When there was only about 5 or 6 of us holding it down for Pavlik.

I recall making a thread about Pavlik over a year ago and bumped back to the top twice and only got 5 replys and two of them were from me bumping back to the top.

BANDWAGONS

Well I wonder if he loses to Taylor will you clowns crawl back under that rock.

Man this **** ****es me off
1lehudson is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #8
marauder1999
Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1293

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
I really like the Kid and my respect for his chin has grown heaps since the Miranda fight.

But the fact is he is slow, not that skilled and hasnt faced anyone like Taylor at all.

I hope he wins but I dont reckon he will.
I will agree that pavlik is slower than others.
However, not being skilled in the art of boxing is totally false. Have you watched his other fights or was the Miranda Bout the first one like alot of other critics on here? There is a bad misconception on the way pavlik fights. People like yourself stating that he is not a skilled fighter because you watched him brawl with Miranda. You couldnt be farther from the truth and if these same critics would have watched his other fights they would know along with yourself that he is very skilled and highly accurate. He brawled Miranda because that was the game plan. His camp stated it months before the fight and thats what they did-and won convincigly doing it. Other fights he has been in-he played some defense-not the whole fight but he played the boxing match with them. Hes very disciplined and listens whole heartedly to what the plan of attack for that particualr fighter is. Thats what makes a good boxer. Being able to adapt to your opponent. Pavlik does that.
Now, if taylor wants to brawl-pavlik will brawl him. Taylor nuthuggers beware--Taylor does not punch harder than Miranda and we know the outcome of the miranda fight. If taylor wants to box him-Pavlik will box him. He throws very accurate jabs so if a chess match it is-then a chess match Taylor will have.
Bottom line-Pavlik adapts and plans a style of attack differently for every fight. Yes, he comes in and wants to knock you out but he does it in a fashion which is geared towards the fighter hes facing.

Some food for thought--when taylor fought Hopkins do you remember watching Taylor get on the ropes and take those shots? If he gets on the ropes again with pavlik, Im sorry, but Pavliks power will knock him silly. Dont believe me? Ask Miranda and the other 27 fighters hes knocked out. Sure, they arent all star power fighters but they werent all bums either.
marauder1999 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #9
Mook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I've learned not to write-off Taylor. The fact is, he's beaten and drawn against a variety of awkward opponents. Even if you think he lost any of those (I don't think so, btw, but I do believe that B-Hop coulda, shoulda both times, his own damn fault he didn't), he was highly competitive against all of them, and he will be against Pavlik.
Mook is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder1999
I will agree that pavlik is slower than others.
However, not being skilled in the art of boxing is totally false. Have you watched his other fights or was the Miranda Bout the first one like alot of other critics on here? There is a bad misconception on the way pavlik fights. People like yourself stating that he is not a skilled fighter because you watched him brawl with Miranda. You couldnt be farther from the truth and if these same critics would have watched his other fights they would know along with yourself that he is very skilled and highly accurate. He brawled Miranda because that was the game plan. His camp stated it months before the fight and thats what they did-and won convincigly doing it. Other fights he has been in-he played some defense-not the whole fight but he played the boxing match with them. Hes very disciplined and listens whole heartedly to what the plan of attack for that particualr fighter is. Thats what makes a good boxer. Being able to adapt to your opponent. Pavlik does that.
Now, if taylor wants to brawl-pavlik will brawl him. Taylor nuthuggers beware--Taylor does not punch harder than Miranda and we know the outcome of the miranda fight. If taylor wants to box him-Pavlik will box him. He throws very accurate jabs so if a chess match it is-then a chess match Taylor will have.
Bottom line-Pavlik adapts and plans a style of attack differently for every fight. Yes, he comes in and wants to knock you out but he does it in a fashion which is geared towards the fighter hes facing.

Some food for thought--when taylor fought Hopkins do you remember watching Taylor get on the ropes and take those shots? If he gets on the ropes again with pavlik, Im sorry, but Pavliks power will knock him silly. Dont believe me? Ask Miranda and the other 27 fighters hes knocked out. Sure, they arent all star power fighters but they werent all bums either.
Damn good post!
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #11
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
This is it. Taylor has a tendency to languish. And if he does, Pavlik will take advantage and press the attack. If Taylor presses, Pavlik certainly has the ability to set up behind that long jab and work from distance.

I think it's a pick em type fight, but right now I'd give the slight advantage to Pavlik due to his physical advantages and the fact that Taylor is often lazy which will give Pavlik plenty of spots to set up his power.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
rayrayv123
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 8540

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
My question is WHERE THE **** WERE ALL YOU BANDWAGON JUMPING ****SUCKERS AT 6 MONTHS AGO , When there was only about 5 or 6 of us holding it down for Pavlik.

I recall making a thread about Pavlik over a year ago and bumped back to the top twice and only got 5 replys and two of them were from me bumping back to the top.

BANDWAGONS

Well I wonder if he loses to Taylor will you clowns crawl back under that rock.

Man this **** ****es me off

I had only seen one of his fights as of 6 months ago...and since have seen a few more on tape.Not everyone can get a jump on a guy before he gets mainstream exposure...SO SIMMER DOWN NOW!!!
rayrayv123 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #13
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

not getting any respect? this forum has been full of his rabid fanboys foaming at the mouth, apparently he is going to destroy taylor, then move up and blow out calzaghe and kessler
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #14
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrayv123
I had only seen one of his fights as of 6 months ago...and since have seen a few more on tape.Not everyone can get a jump on a guy before he gets mainstream exposure...SO SIMMER DOWN NOW!!!
I've been following Pavlik since before his fight with that black guy with the French name, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in March of 2005. Liked what I saw then & love what I see now.

JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #15
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

...is going to own JT.

Taylor's only chance is to try to out-speed him and stay on his bike. Pavlik is like Paul Williams - he's so huge it just screws everything up for his opponent. And he's a very sound fighter, technically.
paulfv is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum