Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 12:06 AM   #1
boxing4life
Now or Never
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 123
vCash: 75
Default cutting

ok everyone my fight is in 11 days and i currently weigh 157 and need to get down to 152. the weigh in is at 6:00pm on the 27th and you get a minimum of 1 hour and a half wait time till you fight after you weigh in. I was wondering since I already know you cant loose solid 5 pounds in 11 days what other methods could I use to get down to 152 for the weigh in? ive heard alot of hype about wearing a sauna suit the night before or on the day of the fight to loose water weigh. just need your guys advice or input about this situation
boxing4life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2007, 12:15 AM   #2
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looks like someone needs a hug.
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: cutting

Cut way back on your calories for the next 5 days or so. Run everyday at least 30-45 minutes at a good pace. I lose a pound+ a day doing that. 11 days is plenty of time to lose 5 pounds without having to dehydrate yourself.

Lots of fruits and vegetables and good lean protein. Try to cut out refined carbs. Limit your sugar and salt and you should be ok.
amy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:43 AM   #3
chinachin_76
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 247
vCash: 1000
Default Re: cutting

What Amy said and drink plenty of water.
chinachin_76 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:25 AM   #4
magnificentdave
Constant Reminder
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 896
vCash: 1540
Default Re: cutting

have a doctor drain your blood and then reinject it into your body
magnificentdave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Mark D.
EPA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4
vCash: 1000
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4life
ok everyone my fight is in 11 days and i currently weigh 157 and need to get down to 152. the weigh in is at 6:00pm on the 27th and you get a minimum of 1 hour and a half wait time till you fight after you weigh in. I was wondering since I already know you cant loose solid 5 pounds in 11 days what other methods could I use to get down to 152 for the weigh in? ive heard alot of hype about wearing a sauna suit the night before or on the day of the fight to loose water weigh. just need your guys advice or input about this situation
Here is a good article on cutting:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Mark D. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
RockOn33
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 190
vCash: 1000
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza Dawg
What Amy said and drink plenty of water.
yea, i heard ice cold waters the best from someone on this site
RockOn33 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
Zhaakal
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 1285
Default Re: cutting

Dont eat a lot and RUN RUN RUN RUN and skip rope, those 2 are the best to loose weight. Be sure to dress warm when you run and skip, don't wear only a t-shirt, put something warmer on, so that your body will maintain a good heat level and wont cool down too fast.
Zhaakal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #8
boxing4life
Now or Never
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 123
vCash: 75
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D.
Here is a good article on cutting:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ok i checked that out but Id like to try that method of drinking 2 gallons of fluid for 2 days and on the 3rd day drink 1 gallon and on the 4th day, and for the day before the fight to not drink any fluid till i weigh in. id like to try this but it said on the article to not try new techniques of cutting weight the week before the fight and this week is the week before my fight so what should i do
boxing4life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:42 PM   #9
boxing4life
Now or Never
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 123
vCash: 75
Default Re: cutting

AFTER THE GUY THAT WROTE THE MAKING WEIGHT ARTICLE THIS IS WHAT HE SAID ABOUT THE WEEK BEFORE THE FIGHT


A Few Pieces of Advice

A main motto of mine is that you never try something new a week before the fight. This stands for new techniques, new foods, new equipment, and especially weight cutting. This is something that needs to be practiced just like ground or stand up techniques. You would never attempt a technique in a fight that you have never tried before. You must think the same way about cutting weight. You need to understand everything about it. You must know how to do it, how long it will take your body to lose the weight, and exactly how your body is going to feel. If you don’t ever practice, you are looking to add stress and potential disaster to the plan. Practice, and the better you master the weight cutting, the easier it will be to perform when the time comes.
boxing4life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looks like someone needs a hug.
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4life
ok i checked that out but Id like to try that method of drinking 2 gallons of fluid for 2 days and on the 3rd day drink 1 gallon and on the 4th day, and for the day before the fight to not drink any fluid till i weigh in. id like to try this but it said on the article to not try new techniques of cutting weight the week before the fight and this week is the week before my fight so what should i do
I already told you what to do. Run quite a bit everyday and cut back on your calories. Cut out sugar, chips, bread etc. those kinds of carbs will make you retain water. Fill up on veggies and add in lean meat (fish and chicken etc) drink lots of water. Seriously, you'll lose 5 pounds in a week doing this, no need to do anything complicated. It just takes will power to not over eat and the desire to want to work hard. Get out and run.
amy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #11
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 9,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
I already told you what to do. Run quite a bit everyday and cut back on your calories. Cut out sugar, chips, bread etc. those kinds of carbs will make you retain water. Fill up on veggies and add in lean meat (fish and chicken etc) drink lots of water. Seriously, you'll lose 5 pounds in a week doing this, no need to do anything complicated. It just takes will power to not over eat and the desire to want to work hard. Get out and run.
Good Post Amy welldone, you are right about Carboydrates, they are Cell Volumizers, and to store Glucose you must retain water in cells.

Bit i think people should take a leaf out of Floyd Mayweathers book, and live and train close to fight weight. This will eliminate this retarded way of training and putting your body physically through negative conditions.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #12
JMonster
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
vCash: 1000
Default Re: cutting

u can lose 5 pounds in 11 days easy, don't worry about the night b4...just do a lot of running and sweating and not a lot of eating...main tips r not to drink as much, and not to eat or drink nething b4 u go to sleep the night b4...u can do it
JMonster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #13
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looks like someone needs a hug.
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: cutting

11 days is more than enough time to lose 5 pounds safely! There is no reason to do the whole water guzzling thing or the sauna suit unless you have a pound to go the night before.
Eat less, run more. That's all you need to do.
amy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:30 PM   #14
boxing4life
Now or Never
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 123
vCash: 75
Default Re: cutting

bad news guys! one of the coaches at my gym told the main coach(guy the runs the place) that he thinks i shouldnt fight and that i need to improve my footwork first then i should fight, and WHAT DO YOU ****ING KNOW MY TRAINER TOOK HIS WORD AND SO FAR THE FIGHT IS OFF! this is really really messing with my head, i dont admit things like this alot but im crushed mentally about this situation! I got all ready and shit and got all happy and shit and all my past weeks of hard work are gone down the drain!
boxing4life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:09 AM   #15
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looks like someone needs a hug.
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4life
bad news guys! one of the coaches at my gym told the main coach(guy the runs the place) that he thinks i shouldnt fight and that i need to improve my footwork first then i should fight, and WHAT DO YOU ****ING KNOW MY TRAINER TOOK HIS WORD AND SO FAR THE FIGHT IS OFF! this is really really messing with my head, i dont admit things like this alot but im crushed mentally about this situation! I got all ready and shit and got all happy and shit and all my past weeks of hard work are gone down the drain!
Welcome to amateur boxing. I've had more fights fall through that ones that actually happened. Just adopt a mindset that you are well prepared and always ready no matter what happens.

Sounds like your coach is looking out for you. I understand you are disappointed, but be grateful that you have someone that is keeping your best interests at heart.



......now go lose 5 pounds the smart and safe way.
amy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013