Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

The rematch between Juergen Braehmer (29-1) and Mario Veit(49-3) will take place in Rossock,Germany,septembre the 15th.
Veit won their first encounter by a close point decision.I for my part had Braehmer ahead on points.I though that he did enough to deserve a close point decision.
Anyway! I wouldnt argue the toss about it.Braehmer had his compatriot down,but didnt go for the kill.
He totally lacked his agressivness he had been famous for before he found himself behind iron bars.At times he fought against Veit as if he had been under the influence of sleeping pills,totally inactive and lethargic.However,whenever he showed his skills against Veit he seemed to be head and shoulders above his compatriot.
Braehmer's mental attitude towards his chosen profesion is fairly disappointing.
Something is missing! He strongly needs an impressive and convincing victory against his decent and capable stable mate in order to be back in the pack.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nur der HSV
Posts: 296
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

Good analysis of the fight and brahmers lack of attitude in that fight. I dont go along with your scoring, I thought Veit deserved the decision as Brahmer all in all was way too passive. This saying despite the fact i was rooting for Brahmer of cousre

The fights still pretty far ahead to give a prediction though it can be said already now brahmer simply HAS to win, veits the man whos brought in to lose for this match, his career is virtually over after losing to inkin, this is meant to be his retiring fight, but still, brahmer first has to win it, and I say he will, he has no choice but to win
Flurry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry
Good analysis of the fight and brahmers lack of attitude in that fight. I dont go along with your scoring, I thought Veit deserved the decision as Brahmer all in all was way too passive. This saying despite the fact i was rooting for Brahmer of cousre

The fights still pretty far ahead to give a prediction though it can be said already now brahmer simply HAS to win, veits the man whos brought in to lose for this match, his career is virtually over after losing to inkin, this is meant to be his retiring fight, but still, brahmer first has to win it, and I say he will, he has no choice but to win
Well,I wouldnt argue the toss about the outcome of Veit vs Braehmer I.
I very much hope that Braehmer wins this upcomming bout big time in a very convincing fashion.
A lame point victory wouldnt really help him a lot,and another defeat against Veit probably mean the end of his pro career.He would be colder than ice after another loss to Veit hardly sellable to the german public anymore.
I used to love watching his fights back then before he went to prison.
The most exciting german fighter out there.
He has all the tools to be a champ:talent,punch,and so on,and so on,but ................ .
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

According to boxrec Ukranian heavy weight talent Taras Bidenko,German based Turkish cruiser weight Firat Arslan as well as German based former Russian amateur star Alexeev(Zuev's and Solis' great amateur rival) will appear on the undercard of Veit vs Braehmer.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
valdosta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 244
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

veit will probably school brahmer again. The guy is no good.
valdosta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Alexeev(Zuev's and Solis' great amateur rival)
He wasn't that much of a rival for Solis, Alexeev lost every fight against Solis.
NBT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:47 AM   #7
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdosta
veit will probably school brahmer again. The guy is no good.

Veit will probably school Braehmer again,eh?
First of all Veit didnt school Braehmer in their first encounter.Quite the opposite Veit found himself lying in the ring dust in the very first round of his encounter with Braehmer.He won a close point decision in a fight which could really have gone either way.I for my part had Braehmer ahead of points after 12 close rounds.I thought that he still did enough to win that fight.Anyway! I wouldnt argue the toss about it.
However,to say that Veit schooled Braehmer is bullshit.He didnt school Braehmer but won a fight due to Braehmer's incredibly enigmatic inactivity.

"The guy is no good"

Braehmer won gold on Cuba at the world amateur championchip(juniours).He scored a ko against Ricky Hatton,and looked great in almost all his pro fight before he found himself behind iron bars.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #8
matt_maxx
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 84
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Quite the opposite Veit found himself lying in the ring dust in the very first round of his encounter with Braehmer.He won a close point decision in a fight which could really have gone either way.I for my part had Braehmer ahead of points after 12 close rounds.
You keep on writing this over and over again. But you are really the only one who believes in that. Man, i really like ur comments here, but your instince on Braehmers victory really damages your reputation (I know u dont give a **** anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
However,to say that Veit schooled Braehmer is bullshit.He didnt school Braehmer but won a fight due to Braehmer's incredibly enigmatic inactivity.
But there is hope for you. You got it. After he floored Veith in the first Braehmer became inactive and lost due of it. Flooring your oponent, not finishing him off, giving the fight away because of inactivity isn´t really schooling some one either, or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
"The guy is no good"

Braehmer won gold on Cuba at the world amateur championchip(juniours).He scored a ko against Ricky Hatton,and looked great in almost all his pro fight before he found himself behind iron bars.
It is an great achievement to win the juniors world amateur championship, and credit for that. But that is how many years ago? And in which division he won it? In which division does he fight today? U named Hatton, in which divison is Hatton fighting nowadays? May be Braehmer was just a big junior in the amateurs, to big for the boxers in his division. I dont say Braehmer is no good, but the junior world championship is to often served as a fact of his quality, but that fact doesent count in the present.

Of course he looked good against the quality of boxers he faced before he went to prison. Taxi drivers, construnction workers, east europeans who traveled two days by train to Germany to get knocked out the same day they arrived, etc etc. These guys where hired to get him used to professional boxing and building up a record. Well, its a common modus operandi in the world of professional boxing, but u must be kidding to come up with something like this as an evidence of greatness or what ever.

The reality is, he struggled to often in his fights(exception is the south american(( not velasquez)) who was to small, to slow, to lacking in every department to be a serios threat) after he got released from prison.

Anyway, Braemer is better as my critic above may sound. I consider him as the favourite against Veith by a small margin. But I wouldnt mind seeing Veith win again.
matt_maxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:24 AM   #9
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_maxx
You keep on writing this over and over again. But you are really the only one who believes in that. Man, i really like ur comments here, but your instince on Braehmers victory really damages your reputation (I know u dont give a **** anyway).



But there is hope for you. You got it. After he floored Veith in the first Braehmer became inactive and lost due of it. Flooring your oponent, not finishing him off, giving the fight away because of inactivity isn´t really schooling some one either, or is it?



It is an great achievement to win the juniors world amateur championship, and credit for that. But that is how many years ago? And in which division he won it? In which division does he fight today? U named Hatton, in which divison is Hatton fighting nowadays? May be Braehmer was just a big junior in the amateurs, to big for the boxers in his division. I dont say Braehmer is no good, but the junior world championship is to often served as a fact of his quality, but that fact doesent count in the present.

Of course he looked good against the quality of boxers he faced before he went to prison. Taxi drivers, construnction workers, east europeans who traveled two days by train to Germany to get knocked out the same day they arrived, etc etc. These guys where hired to get him used to professional boxing and building up a record. Well, its a common modus operandi in the world of professional boxing, but u must be kidding to come up with something like this as an evidence of greatness or what ever.

The reality is, he struggled to often in his fights(exception is the south american(( not velasquez)) who was to small, to slow, to lacking in every department to be a serios threat) after he got released from prison.

Anyway, Braemer is better as my critic above may sound. I consider him as the favourite against Veith by a small margin. But I wouldnt mind seeing Veith win again.

I dont get it! What's your point?

My point was to show that Braehmer wasnt schooled by Veit and that he is a very decent supermiddle who doesnt deserved to be called-like valdosta put it-"he is no good".

So what's your point? Do you also think that Veit schooled Braehmer in their first encounter,and that he is an average fighter? Why did you waste all those words about my "reputation" and the "damagage to my reputation"?

Yes,I may be the only one who had Braehmer ahead on points after 12 close rounds here on esb,but so what? Even Veit's coach admitted that Veit vs Braehmer had been a very close fight.What's more the official scorecards were quite close,too.I for my part had Braehmer ahead on points.I thought he still did enough to win that fight.
By the way that fight was one of the few fights I have seen on tv without any commentary due to the circumstances and the place where I watched that fight.I was truly surprised to see Veit raise his hands when the official scorecards were anounced.
Anyway! As I said I wouldnt argue the toss about the outcome of Veit vs Braehmer.
However,I would argue the toss with somone who claims that Veit schooled Braehmer,or that Braehmer is a mediocre fighter,or that it will "damage my reputation" if I dont agree with your opinion on the outcome of Veit vs Braehmer.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:37 AM   #10
matt_maxx
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 84
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

Well, I quit at this point, coz there cant be an agreement on this one and u and me sound already like a broken record. U may try to watch the fight again, under better circumstances as the last time. I truly believe there is a chance u would change ur point of view.

Peace

PS.: I dont say Veith schooled any one. He just won clearly.
matt_maxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_maxx
Well, I quit at this point, coz there cant be an agreement on this one and u and me sound already like a broken record. U may try to watch the fight again, under better circumstances as the last time. I truly believe there is a chance u would change ur point of view.

Peace

PS.: I dont say Veith schooled any one. He just won clearly.
I didnt tape it! And to tell you the truth I am not really that keen on watching it again.
You are entitled to your opinion,matt!
As I have already said I have no problem with someone who had Veit ahead on points.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #12
valdosta
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 244
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

Veit won 8 or 9 rounds the first time they fought. Complete schooling. Brahmer since stepping up the competition has been a big letdown. All of the hype ended up being just that.......hype. He's lacking in all the intangible area's.
valdosta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 AM   #13
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 563
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

If you can't finish a past prime Mario Veit off then you really do lack killer instinct.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #14
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: you´re not alive unless you´re almost dying!!
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

this is not a rematch, this is all about giving brahmer an easy return win!

veit has already been knocked out by inkin since the last bramer fight........but why not go for inkin???

no, they go for the beaten up/broken down faded former pretender in veit.

after he beats veit, they will pretend he is a contender.......but he isnt.
bumdujour is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #15
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 1000
Default Re: It is official:Veit vs Braehmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdujour
this is not a rematch, this is all about giving brahmer an easy return win!

veit has already been knocked out by inkin since the last bramer fight........but why not go for inkin???

no, they go for the beaten up/broken down faded former pretender in veit.

after he beats veit, they will pretend he is a contender.......but he isnt.
I completely agree.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013