Old 07-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #17
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cintron vs Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomas
Yes your probably right.He doesnt have alot of fights compared to others, but I think its time to see what he realy is made off.
That's how I feel too. I'd like to see Cintron vs. Williams, because until that is settled, I don't think either of those guys has the status to command a fight against the Big 3, unless something just falls in their laps.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 01:03 AM   #18
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHumanForm
if cintron would hit cotto with that left hook/upper cut right hook combo he took out mathysse with, cotto would go down for good. and that's coming from a huge cotto fan, but damn Cintron looked strong.
That's what I'm saying. Cotto is not a bob a weave type fighter. He comes in to destroy, which Cintron would fair well against, being that he's a good counter puncher. Cotto style is made for Cintron's style.
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 01:19 AM   #19
DatBo215
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I would hate to see this match up any time soon being Puerto Rican and all... i would rather see them both go as far as the can before they fight, but if the were to fight soon cotto by ko. Cintron is looking better and he is very strong, but he hasn't shown he could do it against tougher comp and he hasn't yet shown he can now handle pressure fighters. yea he looked great in his last fight but matth just let him go to work. Cotto would bring the fight to him like margo did. I also think cintron is close to being a bit overrated. I mean he looked good this weekend, but his oppenent was coming off a year and a half layoff and all... i think we gotta see him against some tougher comp still.
DatBo215 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 01:20 AM   #20
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

I think Cintron's chin is a little underrated and he has improved in all fields since the Margarito debacle.

I will say Cotto gets it but it will be an exciting fight.
Cotto has been caught and hurt by punches from guys who fight unorthodox and caught with a fairly unorthodox punch. Cintron is more talented than skillfull, so I think he fits this bill.
I think Cintron hits a lot harder than Judah and Torres, plus has the bulk to at least not get bullied around by Cotto. If not turn the tables on him.

Cotto is special though, he has a lot more skill and he is the kind of fighter that will find a way and would never allow himself to get totally dominated by a fighter like Cintron. I don'tm think Cotto has that kind of fight turning one punch power but he has that kind of power that can drain a guy and take the fight out of him.
I think Cintron's ability to take big punches is underrated but its clear he is not the guy who could take sustained punishment.
I feel he has more chin than true heart, which would play into Cotto's hands.

No doubt however that Kermit is a huge punchers chance in this fight.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 01:26 AM   #21
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Cintron cant box...BUT..he has the most powerful punch out of all the god damn welters..I mean I know power. It wasnt like he landed a lucky punch. He was cracking dude with that right hand with combos. I mean those were HUGE punches. Cotto is hittable, but he can break cintron down very easy. Shit I dont know about this one. I like Cotto a whole lot, Cintron been a hype job..but that right hand...I mean..mother****er looked like hearns..I know the other math dude was standing dead in front of him coming forward and not throwing a jab or anything. But Cintron got a mother ****ing equalizer. I dont like him and I have to admit that. He probably lose, but in the back of my mind I can see him catching cotto in an exchange. I would like to see cintron/clottey or williams to further assess his new found abilities. lol

Last edited by North Star; 03-13-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 AM   #22
H .
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 218

Cotto by KO. I'd rather see Cintron fight Williams.
H . is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 01:32 AM   #23
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 181

I'm with the crazy guy...I'd go with Cintron.

The margarito debacle was 99% mental and I think training at kronk has done wonders for his exposure. For all of his power, he still has not fallen in love with his power to the point of getting into unecessary exchanges. He is cautious enough to follow whatever gameplan Steward lays out for him.

Cintron is an attentive enough pupil to not go to war with Cotto and I feel Cotto would be KO'd. Cintron better watch his balls though...
errsta is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 AM   #24
Chileno606
Gentleman & Scholar
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1158

Cintron has a good punchers chance, but I would still favor Cotto to win by TKO eventually. Cintron is too robotic in his movements and doesnt fight well going back. Cotto's pressure and body work would break him down and KO him. also, Cintron cant fight on the inside.
Chileno606 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 03:02 AM   #25
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 962

Cintron went life and death with light punching Estrada and was shook up several times so I feel Cotto would kill the hype job known as Cintron.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 03:57 AM   #26
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Stylewise Cintron is terrible for anyone bar Margarito and Williams at 47.He is literally a massive welter and im not sure HOW he manages to make weight considering he wrestled in college at 154.His power is phenomenal.I dont think even the great Cotto could take shots like that and unless he could get in close would be on the end of a KO.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 04:29 AM   #27
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14587

I made a thread a long time ago saying cintron would ko cotto and mosley would outclass cotto and i still stick by my word,it took cintron to knockout matthysse for most of u to realize that.U forget that cotto struggled with urkal and urkal is not half the fighter margarito is,cotto to me needs to fight a real welterweight like clottey in order to step up against guy's like margarito,williams,mosley or cintron.Cotto would get seriously hurt against cintron and dont expect arum or cotto to even mention cintron.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 04:46 AM   #28
carras
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Cotto by late tko.
I'd rather see williams/cintron
carras is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #29
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Tough fight for both.

Don't forget that Cintron melted under pressure of Margarito's attack. But Damn he showed tremendous improvement under Manny. If the guy can adjust and take the heat of Cotto's onslaught and hit Coto with those three bombs combination, he can win this fight. No way he can K.D. Coto with a single punch. The only way he can do it is the way he put down Mattysse.

. . . I'm still chosing Coto.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 06:20 AM   #30
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo2006
Call me crazy, but I think Cintron would KO Cotto. Yeah I said it
More crazier than crazy......