Old 07-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #46
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900
Default Re: Cintron vs Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
Cintron has NO heart and is a *****.. Yeah he knocked that dude out cold but so what? He had power when he was facing Margarito and Margarito hit him with some good shuts but nothing major and he fell to the canvas and looked over to his corner for them to stop the fight. Cotto will destroy him. As soon as he gets hit in that skinny body he will take a dive trust me on that one! Someone please upload the fight between Cintron and Margarito so you can see what a ***** and heartless punk he is.
you definatly never boxed before, even if you sparred you would have known how much balls it takes to get into the ring.
Relentless is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #47
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I think Cotto breaks him down or wins a UD. Cotto on another level then Cintron right now.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #48
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadGuy
I wouldn't say that Cotto's on a higher level than Cintron. His biggest win is against a small welter weight in Judah and even that win wasn't too convincing in many people's eyes. WHo knows what would have happened if he hadn't low blowed judah's testicles, and as far as I know, boxing is about styles and I believe Cintron has what it takes to frustrate Cotto.

Cintron by KO
It's not Cotto's biggest win that seperates them, it's overall competition. Cotto's steped up a long time before Cintron did. And he'd have beaten Judah regardless of the low blows. It was the pounding to the face and body that beat Judah into submission.

Cintron's still a work in progress. He's not even close to his potential. Now whether he reaches it is another story.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #49
joe the great
Belt holder
ESB Addict

How about Williams-Cintron?
joe the great is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 12:09 AM   #50
lyricalmist
Journeyman

i just watched cintron-matthysse (sp.i prob butchered it) on hbo on demand and while that was a great performance by cintron i didnt really see anything but his power that could give cotto problems.

after all, there was only 2 rounds worth to see.

at this point I feel that cotto still beats him as i feel he is a superior fighter with more experience.

cintron still has plenty of time to step up so its not like the possibility of him beating cotto ever is none.
lyricalmist is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 12:57 AM   #51
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
you definatly never boxed before, even if you sparred you would have known how much balls it takes to get into the ring.
Ummmm.. I never claimed to have boxed. Is this a boxers forum to write comments or a fans? To me hes a ***** if he can go and dish it to people and knock them out but when the shoe is on the other foot he goes and quits and looks in his corner almost cryin. sorry
markbrooklyn is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 08:06 AM   #52
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Yeah, make the fight happen. Would be great to see O Man just break down. He would just fall apart.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #53
Chiko_Tech
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I heard in a puertorrican newspaper that Cintron will be in the undercard of Mayorga vs Vargas against p4p Jessie Feliciano, he said that he want to stay busy and not been incative like he was recently, he will fight two times this year and then go for a mega fight in 2008.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Chiko_Tech is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 11:25 AM   #54
Danny
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
and are we forgetting who cintron was fighting?
My thinking exactly. Cintron last outnig was a very impressive KO, & I feel Kermit has improved under Manny Steward. However, going in their with Cotto is an entirely different proposition in my view. Cintron may have looked strong, but I doubt he can match Cotto for strength.

As in the majority of Cotto's bouts, his body attack would be a key factor. Miguel knows the importance of a sustained body attack, how effective it can be etc.

It's a fight I'd like to see, actually.
Danny is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 PM   #55
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko_Tech
I heard in a puertorrican newspaper that Cintron will be in the undercard of Mayorga vs Vargas against p4p Jessie Feliciano, he said that he want to stay busy and not been incative like he was recently, he will fight two times this year and then go for a mega fight in 2008.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jeez why would Cintron waste his time against Jessie, I can't take this talk seriously, Jessie will be crushed. Really I'm concerned for his health.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #56
pjo479
brooklyn brawler
ESB Jr Member

would be an interesting fight to say the least ... i think cintron would present alot of problems for cotto just based on his size
pjo479 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum