Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
maracho
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 1000
Default Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Heck with Adameck, Maccarenelli, and Arslan, Guillermo Jones has the more impressive record and I don’t know why on earth these guys are rated above him at Cruiser. Jones KO’d Jeremy Bates in the 1st, Kelvin Davis in the 4th, Braithwaite in the 4th and before that won the later rounds in an extremely close fight with Cunningham. Cunningham even said that he and Jones deserve the big fights more than anyone. Their records are as impressive as those of Marmeck’s and Haye’s.

Ding also should get a shot but needs a tune-up so a match between these two seems most appropriate. The winner can take on Cunningham or the winner of Marmeck/Haye.As Ding said himself, forget the abc belts (although Jones has the Latino WBC & WBA) and make the best fights happen
maracho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,449
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Jones is a tough fight at Cruiser. He has good skills, knows how to work in range, and an excellent workrate for the division. That's a tough fight for Ding.

Looks like Jones may be campaigning at heavy though.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
maracho
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
Jones is a tough fight at Cruiser. He has good skills, knows how to work in range, and an excellent workrate for the division. That's a tough fight for Ding.

Looks like Jones may be campaigning at heavy though.
I cant blame him for going to heavy because he sure aint getting his deserved recognition in the rankings nor obviously on this forum. Ding-a-ling has also refused to respond to two direct question concerning "El Felino". Probably cause of high risk/low reward but actually Don King really likes Guillermo and should be able to make things happen.
maracho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,449
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Guillermo clearly beat Johnny Nelson for the WBO title and was robbed. By all accounts he beat Cunningham too.

He could still win a belt at Cruiser.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
Ding
Champ
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracho
I cant blame him for going to heavy because he sure aint getting his deserved recognition in the rankings nor obviously on this forum. Ding-a-ling has also refused to respond to two direct question concerning "El Felino". Probably cause of high risk/low reward but actually Don King really likes Guillermo and should be able to make things happen.

I tell you what, get a contract between him and I for a title fight eliminator on showtime or hbo and you will be amazed at how fast I'll sign.

Btw when he fought kelvin davis, davis suffered a torn left bicep and couldn't use his arm, albeit jones did stun him good in the final seconds of the 3rd round.
Ding is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
jyuza
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Hmmm Jones is probably the most over rated fighter at cruiser in my opinion.

He has no style at all, hitting and swinging without thinking and his punches are quite light for a 200er (well he is originally from welterweight I think).

I am not nut hugging or sh*t but Ding would have no problem against him (in my opinion) and probably even KO him.
This fight will never take place though but personally I just don't care, Ding should just move up to the next step by fighting a champ or a good contender and Jones would be a waste of time.
jyuza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding
I tell you what, get a contract between him and I for a title fight eliminator on showtime or hbo and you will be amazed at how fast I'll sign.

Btw when he fought kelvin davis, davis suffered a torn left bicep and couldn't use his arm, albeit jones did stun him good in the final seconds of the 3rd round.
You'll take this guy out before the 5th, which is the usual routine. He is not as good as Nwodo in my opinion, you can find him and put him away earlier.

Get that cardio in though Ding!
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #8
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,449
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Quote:
Hmmm Jones is probably the most over rated fighter at cruiser in my opinion.

He has no style at all, hitting and swinging without thinking and his punches are quite light for a 200er (well he is originally from welterweight I think).

I am not nut hugging or sh*t but Ding would have no problem against him (in my opinion) and probably even KO him.
This fight will never take place though but personally I just don't care, Ding should just move up to the next step by fighting a champ or a good contender and Jones would be a waste of time.
Wrong. He throws a lot of punches from all angles, moves well, and has power with either hand. He beat Braithwaite, Davis, and actually beat Nelson and Cunningham. An entertaining fighter to watch.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,449
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Quote:
You'll take this guy out before the 5th, which is the usual routine. He is not as good as Nwodo in my opinion, you can find him and put him away earlier.
You guys apparently haven't seen Jones. Jones is clearly a big step above Nwodo.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
maracho
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuza
Hmmm Jones is probably the most over rated fighter at cruiser in my opinion.

He has no style at all, hitting and swinging without thinking and his punches are quite light for a 200er (well he is originally from welterweight I think).

I am not nut hugging or sh*t but Ding would have no problem against him (in my opinion) and probably even KO him.
This fight will never take place though but personally I just don't care, Ding should just move up to the next step by fighting a champ or a good contender and Jones would be a waste of time.

Most fans like sprit over technique and thats mainly why Ding and Mormeck are popular now so you are obviously just biased against the better boxer Jones for secret reasons.

Cunningham and Jones are two of the best technical boxers in the devision but great boxing skills aint the only thing that got them were they are or rather should be. Look where Braithwaite's superior boxing skills got him.
maracho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #11
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Jones would be a very tough fight, but winnable.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #12
Ding
Champ
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
Wrong. He throws a lot of punches from all angles, moves well, and has power with either hand. He beat Braithwaite, Davis, and actually beat Nelson and Cunningham. An entertaining fighter to watch.


Ding is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #13
Ding
Champ
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracho
Most fans like sprit over technique and thats one reason why Ding and Mormeck are popular now so you are obviously just biased against the better boxer Jones for secret reasons.

Cunningham and Jones are two of the best technical boxers in the devision but great boxing skills aint the only thing that got them were they are. Look where Braithwaite's superior boxing skills got him.


I have seen a few of his fights and feel he is definitely among the top tier cruisers. One thing I do know is my strengths and weaknesses aswell as his, he is a great opponent for my strengths. He throws a ton of right hands. I'm not just a crude puncher, I'm a very good counter puncher. Also, he would have clearly beat steve had he not dropped his punch count so much.
Ding is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #14
Ding
Champ
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
You guys apparently haven't seen Jones. Jones is clearly a big step above Nwodo.

Not power or stamina wise.

Nwodo didn't throw as many punches as he usually does because he was leary of my counter punching ability. He actually called me on the phone last week and we talked about our fight.
Ding is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #15
maracho
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darnell "Ding-a-ling" Wilson Vs. Guillermo Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding
I tell you what, get a contract between him and I for a title fight eliminator on showtime or hbo and you will be amazed at how fast I'll sign.

Btw when he fought kelvin davis, davis suffered a torn left bicep and couldn't use his arm, albeit jones did stun him good in the final seconds of the 3rd round.
That would be great and I believe what you say. The only thing us fans can do is keep complaining about the rankings but I would be calling Don King (Jone's promoter) or Cunningham's promoter. Your coming to these forums also shows a lot of courage and has worked well in my opinion.
maracho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013