Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,492
vCash: 1167
Default why dismiss khan

he's only 20 years old if he works on his defence 2 or 3 years down the line he could be world champ
faisal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 12:57 AM   #2
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Because he's a china chinned joke that's had an insane hype train and red carpet ride just because he's marketable to the average idiot because of his decent speed, the novelty of a kid winning a silver medal and being able to sell him by playing the ethnic card to minorities.

Khan's nothing, everyone should have seen the signs, TV show idea's, a damn autobiography already and other ridiculous things for a totally unproven fighter.

He'll never win a world title, because even if you have an amazing defence, you still get clipped and if you can barely take the punches of a feather fisted journeyman like Limond, how do you take the punches of an even moderate hitting world class level fighter?

Grow up.

The Khan train is over, but I suspect that a slight "build up" may come about again after the kid slams a few more Steffy Bull level fighters out, then when he fights someone with 12 ko's, he'll get brutally KTFO and I'll be around to dish out the final death blow to the Khan train.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:15 AM   #3
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Because he's a china chinned joke that's had an insane hype train and red carpet ride just because he's marketable to the average idiot because of his decent speed, the novelty of a kid winning a silver medal and being able to sell him by playing the ethnic card to minorities.

Khan's nothing, everyone should have seen the signs, TV show idea's, a damn autobiography already and other ridiculous things for a totally unproven fighter.

He'll never win a world title, because even if you have an amazing defence, you still get clipped and if you can barely take the punches of a feather fisted journeyman like Limond, how do you take the punches of an even moderate hitting world class level fighter?

Grow up.

The Khan train is over, but I suspect that a slight "build up" may come about again after the kid slams a few more Steffy Bull level fighters out, then when he fights someone with 12 ko's, he'll get brutally KTFO and I'll be around to dish out the final death blow to the Khan train.
wernt you the one who said youve got a great chin better watch out son
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:40 AM   #4
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West
wernt you the one who said youve got a great chin better watch out son
I can take a well shot.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
transwarp100
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 26
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I can take a well shot.
Up the old bum hole no doubt...
transwarp100 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
mann187
WTF is going on?
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 171
vCash: 3626
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Come on this is getting stupid, yeah Khan chin is shaky and he needs to work his defence but to completly write him off just shows how fickle some people are. I think world class is just out of reach but Khan can reach a level 90% of boxers wont reach.

I think most problems with Khan result with the hype the media built just like any other hype job people soon switch as soon as a stumbling block occurs.
mann187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Location, Location.
Posts: 265
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Khan cannot be dismissed. He is a very skillfull boxer but unfortunately for him he is from the generation of amateur boxers who are coached to 'box to the computer'. Computer scoring in amateur boxing favours long range boxers who telegraph their shots (more chance of being seen by 5 out of five judges). The rough and tumble of inside fighting is (sadly) all but lost. I heard Khan himself say that 'Only head shots count in amateur boxing'. While not technically correct it is true in practice.

Modern amateurs do not have to be robust and this quality is now only really tested when they turn pro. Unless things change more and more amateurs will fail to make the transition. Khan will never have a chin of iron but he has room to toughen up, concentrate on defence, and stop flapping when pressured. He also needs to stand tall and tuck his chin in.

He wil need to learn fast however as he now has a title which means he will have to defend it and he simply can't afford to get hit as much as he currently does. Getting knocked down twice in your early fights is not a disaster but it is definately a warning that all is not well.
AllyT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #8
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I can take a well shot.
I don't think anyone has got this so I will laugh.

achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #9
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Khan has been officially dismissed by most knowledgable fans, what does that say?
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #10
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Khan has been officially dismissed by most knowledgable fans, what does that say?
It is not a case of being right or wrong. It is a case of respecting the fighter and the game.

Khan has done nothing to be disrespected. A bit of the usual machismo and bravado. You should complain if he doesn't have this.

When the time came for Khan to show us his intestinal fortitude, he rose to the occassion. If you call yourself a fan you would respect this. As of yet you have not given him his props so I must maintain that such a fan is a DISGRACE!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Khan has been officially dismissed by most knowledgable fans, what does that say?
It says that unfortunately boxing has very unforgiving fans and work on the moronic 'what have you done for me lately' line of thought.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #12
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I can take a well shot.
no you were the one saying you have NEVER been buzzed
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #13
joe33
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: why dismiss khan

To me it was the crazy hype that made me lose interest in him,with out that i would have liked him far more,and i hate to say it,but i do think most white men in england at least never got 100% behind him,becasue of his colour,sorry but i really think thats true,rightly or wrongly,bar his home crowd most others could have cared little about him.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #14
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West
no you were the one saying you have NEVER been buzzed
You've never heard of the Swiss cranium?
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #15
ferd cloupes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: why dismiss khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe33
To me it was the crazy hype that made me lose interest in him,with out that i would have liked him far more,and i hate to say it,but i do think most white men in england at least never got 100% behind him,becasue of his colour,sorry but i really think thats true,rightly or wrongly,bar his home crowd most others could have cared little about him.

mate i'm a white english fella and i'm a fan and i ain't the only one. you simply do not get prime time terrestrial tv for your fights if you only appeal to a minority audience. as to his colour, are we concentrating on particular shades of colour nowadays or did we never like conteh benn bruno honeyghan eubank etc ?
ferd cloupes is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013