surreal deal
Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thank god it's OVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway
Fair play.

Somebody should make sure that Betty Swollocks and Scurlaruntings have their belts and shoelaces taken off them.
You say fair play,but he uses the term 'Hatton nuthuggers',but doesnt call himself and Scurla 'Witter nuthuggers;
Oh no,those 2 are 'champions' of Witter,not bog standard nut huggers like the Hatton fans,even though it was their loyalty that was proven to be misguided and living in nuthugger land.
Im know im over analysing here,but its not all that humble when you read between the lines.
surreal deal is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #17
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal deal
You say fair play,but he uses the term 'Hatton nuthuggers',but doesnt call himself and Scurla 'Witter nuthuggers;
Oh no,those 2 are 'champions' of Witter,not bog standard nut huggers like the Hatton fans,even though it was their loyalty that was proven to be misguided and living in nuthugger land.
Im know im over analysing here,but its not all that humble when you read between the lines.
No, you ARE over analysing.

I have no loyality to any boxer.

It does'nt bother me who wins or loses a fight unless you are Audley Harrison.

I was glad Bradley won because i am a boxign fan and want's to see the best fighter win, and thats' it. I was in fear of Bradley getting robbed and was delighted when he got the win.

You need to look at the whole Hatton vs Witter debate in the most basic terms.

Most people were just pissed off that Hatton would'nt fight Witter and nothing more.

I'm a boxing fan who just wants to see the best fight's.

If im such a Witter nuthugger then surley i woudl make excuse for him?

He boxed shit last night and i'll happily admit it because i have no interest in anythign other than good fight's.

If this was the other way round and Hatton looked like shit and lost to Lazcano, the Hatton nuthuggers would be out in force making up no end of excuses.

I dont think there's ever been such thing as a Witter nuthugger anyway.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #18
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike464
Witter had to lose eventually. It's taken 7 years but Hatton finally has a legitimate excuse for avoiding him.
If Hatton takes couple more losses and Witter doesn't retire, I honestly can still see a chance of that fight still happening.
JonOli is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #19
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal deal
I think this is an accurate assessment
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #20
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli
If Hatton takes couple of losses and Witter doesn't retire, I honestly can still see a chance of that fight still happening.
And noone will care about it mate.

I have no interest in seeing this fight now.

Both fighters are past their best and seeing them fight each other after even more loses is pointless.

It should have happened years ago but now the fight is truely history.

It's time for us all to forget about it and move on.

I kinda relieved that Witter lost tbh.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #21
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation
I think this is an accurate assessment
Not with me it is'nt.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #22
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz
Along with the likes of Scurla i've championed Witter for years and constantly complained about Hatton not fighting him.

Well tonight Witter has totally ****ed up and it's time for the likes of Scurla and I to admit defeat, and that Witter boxed like shit tonight and flat out terminated any future Hatton vs Witter fight once and for all.

Hatton must be pissing his pants.

Well done Hatton nuthuggers you won in the end.

Its a good job Witter was'nt fighting Hatton tomight because Hatton would have mauled him to death.
Well said chief
pne buz is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #23
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

I backed Bradley to win at 11/2, but overall I'm pretty gutted as i'm a Witter fan.
Let me say though that Hatton's attitude towards him and ducking have been a disgrace down the years. Finally now he may have his real excuse not to fight Witter. You never know though, now he's lost and his reflexes appear to be going, maybe Ricky will fancy it.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #24
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

If anything this makes Hatton look even worse imo; the man he shamelessly ducked for years loses to an obscure young prospect called Bradley...at least he has a real reason to avoid Junior now.
Polymath is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #25
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks
I backed Bradley to win at 11/2, but overall I'm pretty gutted as i'm a Witter fan.
Let me say though that Hatton's attitude towards him and ducking have been a disgrace down the years. Finally now he may have his real excuse not to fight Witter. You never know though, now he's lost and his reflexes appear to be going, maybe Ricky will fancy it.
Hatton might have Witter as a sparring partner before he takes on a world class fighter later this year.
pne buz is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #26
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz
Along with the likes of Scurla i've championed Witter for years and constantly complained about Hatton not fighting him.

Well tonight Witter has totally ****ed up and it's time for the likes of Scurla and I to admit defeat, and that Witter boxed like shit tonight and flat out terminated any future Hatton vs Witter fight once and for all.

Hatton must be pissing his pants.

Well done Hatton nuthuggers you won in the end.

Its a good job Witter was'nt fighting Hatton tomight because Hatton would have mauled him to death.
Tuffy i cant agree at all. Witter was unbeaten for over 8 years. Thats some feat. He also had to work the HARD way to get any shot at all at any title and worked his way from being a triple domestic champ to a "Real" World Champ which was quite a feat considering his poor background. Now that he has hit a hiccup vs a young and undefeated prospect Witter is now percieved as no longer a threat or not even important when he was the worlds number 2?

This was EXACTLY what Hatton has been waiting on for years. This fight aside the STYLISTIC mathcup for Hatton vs Witter would certainly have made Witter the favourite and i firmly stand by that. The blame lies soley with Hatton in this case as rather than seeing the best 2 British and Light Welters in the world go at it we`ve been treated to a miscarriage at Witters "advanced" age of 34 vs Bradley instead. Meanwhile Hatton goes onto to fight another meaningless bout. Either way the TRUE fans here have been robbed.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #27
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1937

He may have been unbeaten for 8 years, but that's largely down to him fighting nobody for 8 years. It's over sweetheart.

The true fans get to see the big fights now...
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #28
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Hatton goes onto to fight another meaningless bout.
Thats unfair. He's just fought the p4p no 1 in the world in his last fight and will be fighting the no1 contender at 140, in the world, after his comeback fight.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #29
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Thank god for "Block" lists!!!! Whew!
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2008, 12:59 AM   #30
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Tuffy i cant agree at all. Witter was unbeaten for over 8 years. Thats some feat. He also had to work the HARD way to get any shot at all at any title and worked his way from being a triple domestic champ to a "Real" World Champ which was quite a feat considering his poor background. Now that he has hit a hiccup vs a young and undefeated prospect Witter is now percieved as no longer a threat or not even important when he was the worlds number 2?

This was EXACTLY what Hatton has been waiting on for years. This fight aside the STYLISTIC mathcup for Hatton vs Witter would certainly have made Witter the favourite and i firmly stand by that. The blame lies soley with Hatton in this case as rather than seeing the best 2 British and Light Welters in the world go at it we`ve been treated to a miscarriage at Witters "advanced" age of 34 vs Bradley instead. Meanwhile Hatton goes onto to fight another meaningless bout. Either way the TRUE fans here have been robbed.
Mate it's well and truely over now though.

Hatton DID avoid Witter for years but any hope of the fight finaly happening now has been lost.

Witter ****ed it all up last night.

I can't get excited anymore over this fight after the way Witter looked last night.

I saw nothing last night that told me Witter had a chance of beating Hatton.

If he had trouble with Bradleys style then how's he gonna deal with Hatton?

I dont really care for the 140lb divison anymore now.

Wittter vs Hatton got my juices flowing big time but last night Witter gave me dry mouth.

This was the only fight i cared for at 140.

RIP 140 and long live 147!
Tuffnutz is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum