Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thank god it's OVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz
No, you ARE over analysing.

I have no loyality to any boxer.

It does'nt bother me who wins or loses a fight unless you are Audley Harrison.

I was glad Bradley won because i am a boxign fan and want's to see the best fighter win, and thats' it. I was in fear of Bradley getting robbed and was delighted when he got the win.

You need to look at the whole Hatton vs Witter debate in the most basic terms.

Most people were just pissed off that Hatton would'nt fight Witter and nothing more.

I'm a boxing fan who just wants to see the best fight's.

If im such a Witter nuthugger then surley i woudl make excuse for him?

He boxed shit last night and i'll happily admit it because i have no interest in anythign other than good fight's.

If this was the other way round and Hatton looked like shit and lost to Lazcano, the Hatton nuthuggers would be out in force making up no end of excuses.

I dont think there's ever been such thing as a Witter nuthugger anyway.
I know all about the Hatton - Witter war of words,both fighters and fans.I ve followed boxing for over 25 years.
I Just noticed the clever terminology you employed;The Ricky side were 'Hatton nuthuggers',whereas you and Smazz had been "championing" Witter.
Now which sounds better? which fan comes out in a better light using terms like that?Its not Hattons is it?
Why not 'good judges' rather than Hatton nutthuggers?Which is a pejorative term.
Subtle,but i spotted it,trivial as it is.
surreal deal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #62
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal deal
I know all about the Hatton - Witter war of words,both fighters and fans.I ve followed boxing for over 25 years.
I Just noticed the clever terminology you employed;The Ricky side were 'Hatton nuthuggers',whereas you and Smazz had been "championing" Witter.
Now which sounds better? which fan comes out in a better light using terms like that?Its not Hattons is it?
Why not 'good judges' rather than Hatton nutthuggers?Which is a pejorative term.
This is correct, any pro-Hatton post gets jumped on with 'not a real boxing fan' and 'fanboy/nuthugger' and all that crap. It's a schoolyard debating style.

Pretty pathetic all in all.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #63
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation
He fought Kotelnik when Kotelnik was nobody with no titles.
He fought Lynes when Lynes had no titles.
Typical Witter opponents and he was crap in both fights.

Corley was losing to anyone half decent when he fought Witter.
Witter didn't even look good.

He lost to Judah, who loses himself every time in world class.

It's hardly impressive.
The fact that Lynes and Kotelnik went onto achieve good things after the losses show how good they are and how they are a good name for Witter's record.

Hatton hasn't fought anyone In the rings top 10 or any top Light Welterweights since Tszyu. He hasn't cleaned out the division even.

Judah was a two time Light Welter titlist and an undisputed Welter champ and Witter had a closhish fight with him on 9 days notice.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #64
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Hatton hasn't fought anyone In the rings top 10 or any top Light Welterweights since Tszyu. He hasn't cleaned out the division even.

Castillo was ranked number 2 in The Rings rankings at LWW.

I'm sure I heard something about Hatton beating him.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #65
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
You obviously have a selective memory or amnesia. I have seen the lad from Bradford who trains in Sheffield in a number of fights now to know that anyone who can match him for speed and with better skills/fundamentals can beat him. Bradley is actually not that experienced but he had better stamina and could match the lad from Bradford for speed and more physical strength that made the lad from Bradford unravel. Ajose has many ways of winning a fight and is no 1 trick pony. The closest thing Witter has fought to Ajose was Zab Judah and we all remember what happened. The difference is Ajose is better than Judah and can keep his mind on the job. Witter knock Ajose out in 3 hell had Ajose been in with Witter last night the lad from Bradford would not have finished round 6.

You are obviously a fan of the lad from Bradford but the truth is that he has some always had some glaring flaws.
Ajose Is nothing like Zab Judah and Witter had a closhish fight with him on 9 days notice.

Ajose can't even stop domestic class fighters like Wright or journeymen like Reid, he won't stop a world class Witter. He only stopped Ali because he was weight drained.

Pressure using the jab Is the way to beat Ajose.

8 years and nothing to say he's above commonwealth level yet.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #66
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway
Castillo was ranked number 2 in The Rings rankings at LWW.

I'm sure I heard something about Hatton beating him.
Castillo Isn't proven at LWW and was very weight drained and shot. He should never of been top 2. NGoujo should of got the win, but they didn't want the Hatton fight to not happen with Castillo.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #67
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

Quote:
Castillo Isn't proven at LWW and was very weight drained and shot. He should never of been top 2. NGoujo should of got the win, but they didn't want the Hatton fight to not happen with Castillo.
You said Hatton hadn't beaten anyone in the rings top 10 rankings since Tszyu, I proved he had, that is all.

Anyway, Hatton's fighting the number 7 and number 2 in his next couple of fights.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #68
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway
You said Hatton hadn't beaten anyone in the rings top 10 rankings since Tszyu, I proved he had, that is all.

Anyway, Hatton's fighting the number 7 and number 2 in his next couple of fights.
Lazcano hasn't fought for 14 months, Urango wasn't In the top 10 when Hatton won as well. Golden boy owning the ring has currupted their rankings so for the benifit of their own fighters. He wasn't there until Hatton chose him as a comeback fight.

He should of fought the no 1 though but Is lucky he lost.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #69
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

Quote:
Lazcano hasn't fought for 14 months, Urango wasn't In the top 10 when Hatton won as well. Golden boy owning the ring has currupted their rankings so for the benifit of their own fighters. He wasn't there until Hatton chose him as a comeback fight.

He should of fought the no 1 though but Is lucky he lost.
You ask Ricky to fight some top 10 fighters.....he beats Castillo, then sets up fights with Lazcano and Malignaggi and you still complain.

Malignaggi is the number 1, so you get your wish yet again.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #70
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Quote:
The fact that Lynes and Kotelnik went onto achieve good things after the losses show how good they are and how they are a good name for Witter's record.

Judah was a two time Light Welter titlist and an undisputed Welter champ and Witter had a closhish fight with him on 9 days notice.
Kotelnik yes, he's a decent fighter.

But what the hell has Lynes achieved? Being a European champ isn't what it used to be, y'know?
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #71
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal deal
Mate, i never made out that Witter would definetly beat Hatton. I believed that he could beat Hatton and i would have made him the favourite because i thought he had the right style, but also said that i would'nt be suprised one bit if Hatton won.

I've never been a rabid Witter fan but a hell of a lot of Hatton fans are rabid nuthuggers who would never admit that Hatton avoided Witter or give Witter any credit. They made excuse after excuse. So now it's just that they had "good judgement" and they "knew" Witter was "shit" all along is it?

I've praised Hatton for taking fights with Tszyu, Floyd and Castillo.
I believd all three would beat him, even Castillo so i had respect for Hatton for talking what i considered to be very risky fight's.

He still continued to avoid Witter though and ended up digging a deeper hole for himself.

Now Hatton will never have to fight Witter but it should have been him beating Witter last night and not Bradley.

Witter was too risky and a potential bannana skin and it got to the point where a loss to Witter wouldhave compelety messed up all that Hatton had done.

You dont seem to understand that i am just a boxing fan who wnat's to see the best fights. Nothign more, nothing less.

I praise all fighters who do the business and take risks, and make it known that i'm nto happy when a fighter ducks anyone or puts on a shit show.

Hence why i'm pissed off with Witters shit display last night amd have no probolem what so ever admiting that he was shit.

Just like i had no problem at all admiting that on other occasions Witter has fought below par, or that that the Kotelnik fight could have gone either way.

Im one of htem ost unbiased boxing fans around.

I've never come close to hugging Witters nuts but the kid earnt his shot at Hatton along time ago and only a Hatton nuthugger woudl make excuse for Hatton never taking the fight.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #72
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Tuffnutz,

Thats a pretty fair post. My opinion is that Witter-Hatton should have happened when Hatton was WBU champion and fighting Smith, Vilches etc. Given that it didn't happen then I'm not at all gutted that it didn't come off post Zoo, Hattons level of competition has been consistantly high since then. I found it strange that people seemed to jump on the fact that Hatton was fighting Lascano after Maywether and not Witter....
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2008, 04:35 AM   #73
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Lazcano has been at No.7 in the Ring rankings for some time - he hasn't just been there since January.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2008, 05:02 AM   #74
Bomber_uk
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation
Junior Witter was very boring (and also shit) tonight.

I'm not, nor have I ever been a Hatton nut-hugger. I just like the guys who go for the biggest fights they can get, Hatton has done that for the last 4 years and Witter's tried to get in on it without actually fighting his way there, he just wanted Hatton and the quick route.

I'm glad Hatton's free to fight in the biggest fights now.

But will even the ESB Brit forum let him... Or continue to moan like little bitches...

Complete and utter bullshine mate, I have never once seen you give Witter credit for taking on Zab with very slim notice. Surely if you ' just like guys who go for the biggest fights they can get ' then Witter would have leapt up in your estimations when he did that ?

As has been said though Witter has well and truly fcked it all up now and he is really gonna struggle to get back in amongst them now with age and awkward style against him. I never want any British fighters to lose and I shall be hoping Ricky gives Lazcano a good hiding when they meet, but as has also been said Ricky will have spat his curry out with laughter on sat night watching that. He now doesn't need give any other excuse apart from the fact Witter brings nothing to the table anymore and to be fair to him he is right. Witter has fcked this right up for himself, if you fail to prepare then you should be prepared to fail and that ( I think ) is what has cost Junior
Bomber_uk is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2008, 05:45 AM   #75
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber_uk
Complete and utter bullshine mate, I have never once seen you give Witter credit for taking on Zab with very slim notice. Surely if you ' just like guys who go for the biggest fights they can get ' then Witter would have leapt up in your estimations when he did that ?
It's hardly comparitive,
Tszyu undisputed champion and p4p #3, Mayweather p4p #1.

Judah IBF champion in his first defence against Witter. And Junior couldn't even try to win the fight.
SleazeNation is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum