Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 06:28 PM   #121
Astola
Its a fact.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who's taking the "Blocky prediction" as their cemented pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Yeah, I understand, hot ***** is addictive.

But, if you'll just realise that the Blocky prediction is reality, you'll not lose any wagers to me.

No I'll win the wager by claiming Kessler will win - causing you to loose money.

I said it before - Blockys prediction is old school and wont stand the test of time....
Astola is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #122
huki
huk huk ^_^;;
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I'm in a strange position here. I would love nothing more than to see Calzaghe lose in front of thousands of his fans, but at the same time, I don't want Kessler to win and have every Dane on here making threads about him being an ATG SMW. It's a really difficult pick.. Calzaghe seems to have the style advantage and experience on his side, but no one has seen Kessler perform in a big match and I think he will step up to another level and come away with the win. If Calzaghe wins, it also creates the Hopkins vs Calzaghe opportunity and it would be so perfect if Hopkins retired with a win over him.

Amsterdam/Zakman what do you think would be the biggest threat to Calzaghe at 168-175? Dawson? What would be your picks for Calzaghe vs Dawson/Hopkins? Oh, and Amsterdam, would you actually put money on Calzaghe beating Kessler by KO? That pick seems crazy. He owned Lacy all over the ring for every second and couldn't stop him, there's no way he will be owning Kessler like that.
huki is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #123
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101
If Calzaghe wins (and I don't think he will), it will be a closely contested fight, with Calzaghe's greater volume carrying the decision. I would be utterly shocked if he were able to pull a "Lacy" on a fighter who is considerably more skilled, and has many more facets to his game.

Personally, I think Kessler stops JC late in the fight.
Dantes is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 PM   #124
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by huki
I'm in a strange position here. I would love nothing more than to see Calzaghe lose in front of thousands of his fans, but at the same time, I don't want Kessler to win and have every Dane on here making threads about him being an ATG SMW. It's a really difficult pick.. Calzaghe seems to have the style advantage and experience on his side, but no one has seen Kessler perform in a big match and I think he will step up to another level and come away with the win. If Calzaghe wins, it also creates the Hopkins vs Calzaghe opportunity and it would be so perfect if Hopkins retired with a win over him.

Amsterdam/Zakman what do you think would be the biggest threat to Calzaghe at 168-175? Dawson? What would be your picks for Calzaghe vs Dawson/Hopkins? Oh, and Amsterdam, would you actually put money on Calzaghe beating Kessler by KO? That pick seems crazy. He owned Lacy all over the ring for every second and couldn't stop him, there's no way he will be owning Kessler like that.
I'll have a pile on Calzaghe straight victory, then a bit on Calzaghe by KO.

Calzaghe bullies Dawson to a close UD, great fight.

Calzaghe outworks Hopkins and pops in and out for a very wide UD.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 07:21 PM   #125
yesihavearm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

haha dont even mention kessler in the same sentence as a Prime Eubank. Chris would have absolutely schooled him, much like Joe is in nov.
yesihavearm is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 09:52 PM   #126
yesihavearm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Legend
the same calzaghe who's beaten a total of 2 worthwhile opponents- Shot eubank and hype-train lacy?
As opposed to Kessler ? Who's best opponent by about a million miles is a timid Mundine.

Eubank
Woodhall
Reid
Brewer
Sheika
Lacy
Bika

Kicks the shit out of Kesslers resume.

And hype-train ? Please, can we only use that phrase when refering to Kessler himself.
yesihavearm is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 08:00 AM   #127
satyriion
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Tocker Pudwill would represent a tough challenge compared to what Kessler has been facing his ENTIRE career.

Lets see Blocky's Kessler v Calzaghe predictions so far.

They will never meet. Lose/lose for joe.

Mikkel is only 3 mil worth.

Mikkel won't draw the audience. Unknown entity to US

I am impressed you have not gone down your shit´hole yet, but come november 4th, you are gonna be one humiliated and totally stripped
"authority" on boxing.

Calzaghe is gonna get severly hit trying to "swarm" mikkel. He will taste straight right too much and end up like the other old guys like Beyer, Siaca, Lucas.
Hell they were all younger men than Joe. Joe will simply not leave his seat for round 9. That is if he has brains left. If not we will all enjoy seeing Joe fumbling round on the canves trying to figure out where he is and what happend to him, unable to stand up.

When he gets up he will face the reality of being beat in front of 60.000+ fans. Woouuw is that humiliating.

It is gonna one big bitter pill to swallow.
satyriion is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #128
THN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 908

In Blocky's opinion Kessler must be crazy, why meet Calzaghe, he could do as Mundine, meet tomatoe cans, earn good money. But he insists to meet Calzaghe why? Bc. he think he's the real world champion. Whats the problem Blocky? if youre rigth he will be taught a lesson! but at least he would have shown some currage. I dont now the outcome of this figth, but i think your hate Blocky, makes you blind for the facth that Kessler is very good and clever in the ring. He hasent lost he's head in a figth, and thats why he looks
one dimensionel, bc. he do what boxing is about, hit without beeing hit yourself. "The noble art of self defence".
Calzaghe somtimes loose he's concentration and figth like a mad man, i think Kessler will take advantage of that, cool and calm he will destyroy Calzaghe.
But we'll se the 4 of november, if Calzaghe win's i'll cheer him, bc. he will be damn good.
THN is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #129
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyriion
Lets see Blocky's Kessler v Calzaghe predictions so far.

They will never meet. Lose/lose for joe.

Mikkel is only 3 mil worth.

Mikkel won't draw the audience. Unknown entity to US

I am impressed you have not gone down your shit´hole yet, but come november 4th, you are gonna be one humiliated and totally stripped
"authority" on boxing.

Calzaghe is gonna get severly hit trying to "swarm" mikkel. He will taste straight right too much and end up like the other old guys like Beyer, Siaca, Lucas.
Hell they were all younger men than Joe. Joe will simply not leave his seat for round 9. That is if he has brains left. If not we will all enjoy seeing Joe fumbling round on the canves trying to figure out where he is and what happend to him, unable to stand up.

When he gets up he will face the reality of being beat in front of 60.000+ fans. Woouuw is that humiliating.

It is gonna one big bitter pill to swallow.

The Blocky prediction is an ATG.
Amsterdam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum