boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
G_RapPBF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Professional Haters: Who posts on a boxing forum but doesnt discuss any boxing?

Whats the point of spending hours a day on a boxing forum hating on a guy you dont even know. Whats the point of being on a boxing forum and not discussing boxing, skills, technique, strengths, weaknesses ect just pure hating. Of course im talking about the likes of Gankorzord, Ramshall and CottoisGod. Hell I dont agree with the opinions of SweatPea, Amsterdam and Brooklyn half the time but atleast they know boxing and can discuss their positions intelligently.

Seriously did Floyd kick your momma in the stomach lol? I think these guys would be best served in the UFC forum.
G_RapPBF is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Re: Professional Haters: Who posts on a boxing forum but doesnt discuss any boxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_RapPBF
Whats the point of spending hours a day on a boxing forum hating on a guy you dont even know. Whats the point of being on a boxing forum and not discussing boxing, skills, technique, strengths, weaknesses ect just pure hating. Of course im talking about the likes of Gankorzord, Ramshall and CottoisGod. Hell I dont agree with the opinions of SweatPea, Amsterdam and Brooklyn half the time but atleast they know boxing and can discuss their positions intelligently.

Seriously did Floyd kick your momma in the stomach lol? I think these guys would be best served in the UFC forum.
I'm not a Floyd hater but I'll take this opportunity to tell you what issues I have with him seieng as you brought him up.

Floyd Mayweather is doing everybody an injustice, including himself, his fans, and the sport he claims to love by not fighting the best fighters in the world.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
G_RapPBF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Professional Haters: Who posts on a boxing forum but doesnt discuss any boxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill
I'm not a Floyd hater but I'll take this opportunity to tell you what issues I have with him seieng as you brought him up.

Floyd Mayweather is doing everybody an injustice, including himself, his fans, and the sport he claims to love by not fighting the best fighters in the world.
From Floyds perspective he probably doesnt make a distinction between all the classes he's fought in and in his mind he has fought the best in the world. He has quite a resume which you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the top 10 matching. However, I believe he will fight Cotto after Cotto dismantles Margo, because Floyd wont stand for the spotlight being shown away from him, I just believe he's waiting for Cotto stock to reach its peak.
G_RapPBF is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #4
Rickypr18
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Weird how you only mention a few Cotto fans and none of the hundreds of Mayweather fans amongst the ones who you classify as haters and unintelligent posters.
Rickypr18 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:25 PM   #6
Rickypr18
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I will also add that Amsterdam, Sweet Pea, and Brooklyn are probably some of the best posters when they are not talking about their favorite fighters.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #7
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypr18
I will also add that Amsterdam, Sweet Pea, and Brooklyn are probably some of the best posters when they are not talking about their favorite fighters.
Explain.

Here are my favorites and my thoughts on them

- Cotto: loses to the 1980s crop of welterweights and the 1990s crop of welterweights
- Peter: I have trouble putting him in the top 10 heavyweights today (based on H2H criteria)
- Hopkins: not an elite fighter anymore; fading stamina, conditioning, and reflexes
- Pavlik: loses to Calzaghe, Kessler, Bute, Mundine, and Andrade
- Marquez: loses to Guzman, likely Pacquiao again in a rematch, and Nate Campbell
- Duran: top 10 all time great, would beat everybody now from 135-147
- Whitaker: top 15 all time great, would beat everybody now from 135-147
- Barrera: great fighter, should never fight again
- Hagler: number 3 H2H at middleweight behind Monzon and Jones

I'd say I'm pretty objective and certainly not an extremist.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #8
G_RapPBF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Weird how you only mention a few Cotto fans and none of the hundreds of Mayweather fans amongst the ones who you classify as haters and unintelligent posters.
The only over the top Floyd fan I've seen so far on this website is Bigtime. There were a few after he beat Hatton but they arent regulars. Eze, Fitzgerald, Dunks and others are willing to discuss Floyd but discuss other boxers aswell. The ones I mentioned all they do on this site is hate on Floyd, which I dont mind but they dont follow it up with any intelligent debate.
G_RapPBF is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #9
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Explain.
acb is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #10
Rickypr18
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Okay. Amsterdam is a compulsive nut swallowing machine when it comes to Mijares and Calzaghe. Sweet Pea is mostly reasonable but sometimes gets ****ed when someone favors a fighter against Whitaker. And you are pretty much my favorite poster whenever you dont say stupid things about Mayweather to defend Cotto.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #11
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Okay. Amsterdam is a compulsive nut swallowing machine when it comes to Mijares and Calzaghe. Sweet Pea is mostly reasonable but sometimes gets ****ed when someone favors a fighter against Whitaker. And you are pretty much my favorite poster whenever you dont say stupid things about Mayweather to defend Cotto.
Explain.

acb is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #12
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

[IMG]http://ganjataz.com/general-*******s/images/by-GT/forum-****z/pot-kettle-black.jpg[/IMG]
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #13
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
And you are pretty much my favorite poster whenever you dont say stupid things about Mayweather to defend Cotto.
Like what?

"He's susceptible to technical pressure"?
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #14
Rickypr18
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Explain.

**** I don't remember anything specific I haven't been on this forum for a while now. Had been studying for the Advanced Placement exams. I had no life!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #15
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Like what?

"He's susceptible to technical pressure"?
Pure hatin brook....you should really stop it.

sues2nd is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum