Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-14-2008, 08:39 PM   #16
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Professional Haters: Who posts on a boxing forum but doesnt discuss any boxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypr18
**** I don't remember anything specific I haven't been on this forum for a while now. Had been studying for the Advanced Placement exams. I had no life!
Relax. I was just preceeding what I knew Brooklyn was going to say.

BTW, my take on the three: All know their stuff. Pea gets pissed when people speak on boxers they haven't seen. Brooklyn is well balanced, I don't disagree with anything he says to be honest including the Cotto and Floyd issue. And Amsterdam has to be taken in context, as he mixes a lot of his true sentiments (he does know boxing) with some grandiose humor to get reactions... if you don't know know the difference you get sucked in.
acb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #17
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Default Re: Professional Haters: Who posts on a boxing forum but doesnt discuss any boxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
Pure hatin brook....you should really stop it.

I'm done with ESB. **** this place. I'm off to the Pacland forums.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 08:42 PM   #18
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
I'm done with ESB. **** this place. I'm off to the Pacland forums.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #19
TroubleLurks
**** spell check
ESB Senior Member

It's fun to hate. I should actually start doing more of it.
TroubleLurks is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #20
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Speaking of haters, what happened to good ol' Jack Presscot?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #21
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Speaking of haters, what happened to good ol' Jack Presscot?
Rumor is he was banned. Don't know why, he's been syaing the same thing for years now and was never banned.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #22
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Professional Clowns crying on Boxing Forums when their fantasies collide with practical and factual REASONING

Zip the lips, GBULLSHITCRAP
C Money is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #23
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Rumor is he was banned. Don't know why, he's been syaing the same thing for years now and was never banned.
He said some pretty ridiculous stuff left and right. Wonder what finally did him in?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #24
Borincano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Explain.

Here are my favorites and my thoughts on them

- Cotto: loses to the 1980s crop of welterweights and the 1990s crop of welterweights
- Peter: I have trouble putting him in the top 10 heavyweights today (based on H2H criteria)
- Hopkins: not an elite fighter anymore; fading stamina, conditioning, and reflexes
- Pavlik: loses to Calzaghe, Kessler, Bute, Mundine, and Andrade
- Marquez: loses to Guzman, likely Pacquiao again in a rematch, and Nate Campbell
- Duran: top 10 all time great, would beat everybody now from 135-147
- Whitaker: top 15 all time great, would beat everybody now from 135-147
- Barrera: great fighter, should never fight again
- Hagler: number 3 H2H at middleweight behind Monzon and Jones

I'd say I'm pretty objective and certainly not an extremist.
Marquez loses to Guzman? By the time Guzman gets a chance to fight an elite fighter, he will possibly be done.

Pavlik won't lose to Kessler, Bute, and especially "I will beat up on a Christian Mundine. Are you talking about the Andrade that Kessler beat up? Everything else you posted are great answers.

The hate does need to stop. You have some very paranoid individuals that if you mention PBF or Cotto, they jump all over you.
Borincano is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #25
G_RapPBF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Professional Clowns crying on Boxing Forums when their fantasies collide with practical and factual REASONING

Zip the lips, GBULLSHITCRAP
Exhibit A. Although your Fanhood for Spaf cannot be questioned
G_RapPBF is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #26
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
He said some pretty ridiculous stuff left and right. Wonder what finally did him in?
Possibly a change in mod? Maybe actuallu bumped into DLH and well... you know jack. RIP.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #27
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Possibly a change in mod? Maybe actuallu bumped into DLH and well... you know jack. RIP.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #28
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borincano
Marquez loses to Guzman? By the time Guzman gets a chance to fight an elite fighter, he will possibly be done.

Pavlik won't lose to Kessler, Bute, and especially "I will beat up on a Christian Mundine. Are you talking about the Andrade that Kessler beat up? Everything else you posted are great answers.
Much appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------

With Guzman and Marquez, if this fight happened right now, I'd probably side with Guzman based on his movement, defensive awareness, and quick hands. Chris John gave Marquez trouble with some of the same attributes, but he isn't the fighter Guzman is. Marquez would find holes with his counterpunches though and his timing, accuracy, and straighter shots couldn't be overlooked, so it's a real interesting fight. Two highly skilled technicians: one is a beautiful fundamental technician while the other is an entertaining, improvisational technician.

With regards to Pavlik, I can't see him beating Kessler. Pavlik's a very standup, effective pressure fighter who leads with the jab (something I love to see in fighters), but he lacks variation in his movement and his defense is leaky. Kessler can take advantage of these things because A) he has shown great lateral movement in the past against Andrade, B) he is a precise outside boxer who is highly intelligent when it comes to maintaining distance and catching aggressive fighters coming in. He did this against several guys I've seen him against, including Calzaghe when he would make advances forward. Calzaghe had to adjust and display his underrated outside boxing skill. Finally (or C), he has the power and accuracy to not only land, but hurt Pavlik.

Bute is an excellent technician who can box and swarm. I think he'd elect to box against Pavlik, giving enough movement to offset him, and land with quick shots only to move out of range. He has shown a solid chin taking shots from Berrio, so if Pavlik is going to stop him, it would be on an accumulation job.

I'd love for Pavlik to knock the living hell out of Anthony Mundine, but I see this as a tough fight for him given Mundine's speed of hand and foot, his defense, and underrated power. Pavlik's biggest chance to win this is to hurt Mundine early, get him tentative and highly cautious, and then look for his relentless pressure to take it's toll in the middle/late portions of the fight.

Andrade and Pavlik would make for an absolute barnburner, but to me, it comes down to physical strength and chin. I see Andrade making Pavlik fight off of the backfoot, willing his way in close, and forcing him to fight at a closer range than he likes. But still, Pavlik could win this fight too if he works behind his long jab, times Andrade coming in, and continually circles.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #29
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_RapPBF
Exhibit A. Although your Fanhood for Spaf cannot be questioned
Which alias is BSCRAPRAP??

First you mention whiskey the other day, now Spadafora yet I dont recall ever discussing either with YOU

That you BitchTime or is that your Trainer. The paralells are OBVIOUS

Aside, your and idiot, its the truth, call it what you like.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #30
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum