Old 07-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #16
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
not getting any respect? this forum has been full of his rabid fanboys foaming at the mouth, apparently he is going to destroy taylor, then move up and blow out calzaghe and kessler
Thats the plan, but he'll only have to fight either Joe or Mikkel, after one of them knocks off the other.

Looks like Kelly will be fighting Kessler in the future!
JETSKI is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #17
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
I think that would be a great fight, they're fairly similar fighters. That could be a war if they both have the chins for it.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #18
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
Thats the plan, but he'll only have to fight either Joe or Mikkel, after one of them knocks off the other.

admit it, you had a hard on typing that out.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #19
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim121670
Just Like Before The Miranda Fight, Kelly Pavlik Got No Respect. Once Again Before The Jermaine Taylor Fight Pavlik Isn't Getting Respect. Hopkins Should Be The Champion Anyway, But Since Boxing Is Looking For The Next Golden Boy, And Everybody Wants It To Be Taylor, The Only Way Taylor Will Ever Lose, Will Be By Knock Out. Don't Get The Wrong Impression, I Like Taylor, But Facts Are Facts. Pavlik Is Also Undefeated, And Has Knocked Out 28 People, Out Of The 31 He Faced. Now I Understand That Pavlik Hasn't Fought The Talent That Taylor Has, But Pavlik Has Never Been Given The Oppurtunity To Face A Big Named Contender.
I give him all kinds of respect, but I don't think he's ready for Taylor. Time will tell.
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #20
marauder1999
Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1293

Quote:
admit it, you had a hard on typing that out.
I got one reading it!!
marauder1999 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #21
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
My question is WHERE THE **** WERE ALL YOU BANDWAGON JUMPING ****SUCKERS AT 6 MONTHS AGO , When there was only about 5 or 6 of us holding it down for Pavlik.

I recall making a thread about Pavlik over a year ago and bumped back to the top twice and only got 5 replys and two of them were from me bumping back to the top.

BANDWAGONS

Well I wonder if he loses to Taylor will you clowns crawl back under that rock.

Man this crap pisses me off
It ususally takes a breakout performance on a major card to get any recognition.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #22
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler
It ususally takes a breakout performance on a major card to get any recognition.
Ah, true. But not to brag about it, I saw the potential in Pavlik to do great things a few years back. Looks like its all coming to fruition, as Rumsfeld would say.

JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 01:31 AM   #23
oblate
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim121670
Just Like Before The Miranda Fight, Kelly Pavlik Got No Respect. Once Again Before The Jermaine Taylor Fight Pavlik Isn't Getting Respect. Hopkins Should Be The Champion Anyway, But Since Boxing Is Looking For The Next Golden Boy, And Everybody Wants It To Be Taylor, The Only Way Taylor Will Ever Lose, Will Be By Knock Out. Don't Get The Wrong Impression, I Like Taylor, But Facts Are Facts. Pavlik Is Also Undefeated, And Has Knocked Out 28 People, Out Of The 31 He Faced. Now I Understand That Pavlik Hasn't Fought The Talent That Taylor Has, But Pavlik Has Never Been Given The Oppurtunity To Face A Big Named Contender.
pavliks been getting a lot of respect.
oblate is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 01:42 AM   #24
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder1999
I will agree that pavlik is slower than others.
However, not being skilled in the art of boxing is totally false. Have you watched his other fights or was the Miranda Bout the first one like alot of other critics on here? There is a bad misconception on the way pavlik fights. People like yourself stating that he is not a skilled fighter because you watched him brawl with Miranda. You couldnt be farther from the truth and if these same critics would have watched his other fights they would know along with yourself that he is very skilled and highly accurate. He brawled Miranda because that was the game plan. His camp stated it months before the fight and thats what they did-and won convincigly doing it. Other fights he has been in-he played some defense-not the whole fight but he played the boxing match with them. Hes very disciplined and listens whole heartedly to what the plan of attack for that particualr fighter is. Thats what makes a good boxer. Being able to adapt to your opponent. Pavlik does that.
Now, if taylor wants to brawl-pavlik will brawl him. Taylor nuthuggers beware--Taylor does not punch harder than Miranda and we know the outcome of the miranda fight. If taylor wants to box him-Pavlik will box him. He throws very accurate jabs so if a chess match it is-then a chess match Taylor will have.
Bottom line-Pavlik adapts and plans a style of attack differently for every fight. Yes, he comes in and wants to knock you out but he does it in a fashion which is geared towards the fighter hes facing.

Some food for thought--when taylor fought Hopkins do you remember watching Taylor get on the ropes and take those shots? If he gets on the ropes again with pavlik, Im sorry, but Pavliks power will knock him silly. Dont believe me? Ask Miranda and the other 27 fighters hes knocked out. Sure, they arent all star power fighters but they werent all bums either.
Ive seen about 8 of his fights
Several more highlights of others

He is a Puncher-Boxer, I say that because he relies more on his power and strength than his boxing skills.

Miranda has a 0 skill level, he is just a straight up brawler.
Nothing Ive seen of Pavlik has shown me is a skillful and overly accurate on the elite level.
His best opposition have all been brawlers (Zeruche, Zuniga and Miranda) which compliments his style because he can match them for power and strength but out does them for skills.
All of his other oppostion has been extremely average and I bet even Miranda could look like PBF against them.

Im not sure what your benchmark for "very skilled" is but Kelly Pavlik falls far from it IMO. Defensive skills are one of the most important criteria in being "very skilled" and someone who gets as hit as much as Pavlik falls short of that.
As I said I like him, I certainly dont consider myself a critic of him. But that doesnt mean I cant be critical, all fighters have their weaknesess.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:11 AM   #25
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

Quote:
not getting any respect? this forum has been full of his rabid fanboys foaming at the mouth, apparently he is going to destroy taylor, then move up and blow out calzaghe and kessler
Right on.
lillarry is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 AM   #26
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I heard that Pavlik have polish origin . Its this true , and did he calls him self american or polish.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #27
mikeyc
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Ive seen about 8 of his fights
Several more highlights of others

He is a Puncher-Boxer, I say that because he relies more on his power and strength than his boxing skills.

Miranda has a 0 skill level, he is just a straight up brawler.
Nothing Ive seen of Pavlik has shown me is a skillful and overly accurate on the elite level.
His best opposition have all been brawlers (Zeruche, Zuniga and Miranda) which compliments his style because he can match them for power and strength but out does them for skills.
All of his other oppostion has been extremely average and I bet even Miranda could look like PBF against them.

Im not sure what your benchmark for "very skilled" is but Kelly Pavlik falls far from it IMO. Defensive skills are one of the most important criteria in being "very skilled" and someone who gets as hit as much as Pavlik falls short of that.
As I said I like him, I certainly dont consider myself a critic of him. But that doesnt mean I cant be critical, all fighters have their weaknesess.

I'll let you guess how many rounds this unskilled fighter has lost in his career.........Maybe 7 in 31 pro fights! He was in a slugfest? with Miranda and final punch stats show Miranda landing 22% of his punches? # time national amateur champ and 31-0 as a pro and he competed very well against Jermain when Kelly was 17. Once again his critics will be sut up!
mikeyc is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 12:20 PM   #28
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

artani, miss puerto rico must have swapped sashes with miss albania. somewhere, someone has an avatar with a mustache and back hair flaunting miss p.r.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #29
hacim419
Journeyman

I've been following him for awhile (because he's from Ohio) and now he gets his big shot, just as other Ohio native Anthony Hanshaw did (who should really be a super middleweight not a light heavy) recently, hopefully he will fare better, and I think he will.
hacim419 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum