Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #61
TFFP

vCash:
Default Re: Colin Lynes v Gianluca Branco

I think it was pretty much the same Lynes as his recent performances. He was in a slightly better class, and Branco was definitely the physically stronger and bigger man so he couldn't back him up as easily

He is what he is. ABC 123, very basic and nice fundamentally sound boxer. No power, arm punches, and doesn't look to impose himself unless he feels his opponent has nothing to offer
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #62
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Yep. I guess so. But like I said I did not keep score of the rounds. Maybe if I had I would be really pissed off. Although saying that I am pissed off that Lynes did not put in a class performance like his recent efforts.
I thought he did fight well.I thought he built a substantial lead with an aggressive jab and good workrate.Then when Branco tried to turn on the power Lynes quite rightly stayed out of the way.The ****wit known as Jim Watt was urging Lynes to go toe to toe with the fight won against somebody who has twice the power.The guy is an imbecile and his scorecard and commentary should be proof enough to SKY sports execs to get shut of the nonsensical tosser.
pne buz is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #63
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pne buz
I thought he did fight well.I thought he built a substantial lead with an aggressive jab and good workrate.Then when Branco tried to turn on the power Lynes quite rightly stayed out of the way.The ****wit known as Jim Watt was urging Lynes to go toe to toe with the fight won against somebody who has twice the power.The guy is an imbecile and his scorecard and commentary should be proof enough to SKY sports execs to get shut of the nonsensical tosser.

I always feel that way about Watt. He is a **** who seems to hate every British fighter.

Lynes fought well but I think his early knock down of Branco gave him false confidence. He is and was defintely capable of making sure Branco never got close to him. But like people said, most of the time Branco did not get close and still got given the round. Wonder what the Euro posters say about the fight?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #64
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz
I'm convinced Jim Watt actualy scored rounds for Branco just because he thought the judges would.

I think he scored rounds to Branco when he really thought Lynes won them.

He got far to caught up in the whole "Italin Job" thing.

He should have just scored the ****ing fight and forgot everything else.

To me a fight is a fight no mattter where it's held, who the champion is or how the fighters fight.

You look for the man that lands the most punches and that's it.

That man was Colin Lynes and everything else is BS!
Once Jim picks his 'theme for the night' he'll run with it - whatever actually happens
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #65
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

I had Lynes winning by 2 points. But it was a close fight, IMO far away from a robbery. Lynes was busier, Branco had the more precise punches and the harder ones also. Branco fought in his hometown, Lynes knew it, but he threw the fight away in the 2nd half of the fight, the KD perhaps wasn´t that good for him. Btw, I was surprised that the feather- fisted Gianluca hurt Lynes on many occasions... I was a bit disappointed by both fighters to be honest...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #66
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
I always feel that way about Watt. He is a **** who seems to hate every British fighter.

Lynes fought well but I think his early knock down of Branco gave him false confidence. He is and was defintely capable of making sure Branco never got close to him. But like people said, most of the time Branco did not get close and still got given the round. Wonder what the Euro posters say about the fight?
I wouldnt be going on so much if it was Hatton or Calzaghe but for good honest pros like Lynes this is life changing decisions we are talking about.He cant just ride off in to the sunset on the back of a bad decision with his millions to keep him company,it virtually robs him of a chance to make a nice pay day and a world title shot for himself after dedicating his life to a sport that he isnt going to crack the big time in.
pne buz is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #67
Craig

1 question - why doesnt the champion automatically get to defend his title in his own backyard this would rule out corrupt officials? I know it goes to purse bids but it shouldn't
Craig is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #68
TFFP

vCash:

My initial thought was it can't be a robbery, but considering we can't find one person scoring it for Branco maybe I was wrong. Perhaps I'm just being too kind on those mother****ers because I half expected to hear 116-112 type home cooking

Perhaps competetive but clear is more apt than close...
Old 05-16-2008, 06:48 PM   #69
kep
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz
I'm convinced Jim Watt actualy scored rounds for Branco just because he thought the judges would.

I think he scored rounds to Branco when he really thought Lynes won them.

He got far to caught up in the whole "Italin Job" thing.

He should have just scored the ****ing fight and forgot everything else.

To me a fight is a fight no mattter where it's held, who the champion is or how the fighters fight.

You look for the man that lands the most punches and that's it.

That man was Colin Lynes and everything else is BS!
could not have put it better myself
kep is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2008, 06:57 PM   #70
kep
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
1 question - why doesnt the champion automatically get to defend his title in his own backyard this would rule out corrupt officials? I know it goes to purse bids but it shouldn't
the only people that make good money from the game is the promoters,they are all cunts making aliving off their puppets
kep is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #71
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig

How would that rule out bad decisions?

That doesn't change a thing.

In fact, it probably makes bad decisions more likely, because then it brings up not just the "this guy is the home fighter" argument, but also the "you have to clearly take the belt from the champion" discussion.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #72
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter
Once Jim picks his 'theme for the night' he'll run with it - whatever actually happens
spot on there
Nemesis is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #73
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

In round 6 Branco threw 27 measuring style weak jabs and only one connected.

He threw 2 power shots. A left hook to the body and a left hook to the head. Both missed.

How on earth did Watt give this round to Branco? :

It was probably Brancos worst round of the fight in terms of activity and success.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 03:07 AM   #74
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

For me Colin or Cynthia Lynes lost the fight in a very poor pdestrian contest . Branco is a shot fighter but he won the 2nd half not with quality but by becoming physical. Lynes simple 1 2 combos are straight up steady eddie type of work simply no special effects. Lynes is clearly not world class and never will be. He fights scared like a crab. He can get away with some of this crap domestically but in genuine international class (which Branco is not anymore) he gets exposed. Maybe he needs to fight Lenny Daws again who will beat him up again or Nigel Wright. As for Ajose we will not be wasting our time on a 4 time loser like her.

As you all know by now I am not a fan of hers.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 04:14 AM   #75
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

good to see dean powell doing a fantastic job in the corner. . . 'Colin its a close fight. Your on away soil. Make sure you run like **** and throw away the last round. Well done. Now we can say we were robbed instead of going for it and making sure. ' hope he's khans tacticion next month.
brown bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum