Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #76
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241
Default Re: Should Joe C be happy with his legacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation
He didn't even fight the best super middleweight, Ottke and Calzaghe ignored each for 10 years dispite both being unbeaten and world #1 and #2.

****** wasted Hatton for 5 years and he got out when he could, he wasted Calzaghe for 10 years - and now that there's no great fighters left for him to face, he's getting to fight grandads who were once great... Calzaghe and ****** are legends.
Even Ottke's trained In boxing monthly admitted Sven prefered to sit on his IBF belt rather than face Calzaghe.

The judges wouldn't save him against Calzaghe, Calzaghe would just easily tko Ottke with a flurry barrage on the ropes, then get DQ'ed for hitting his face depending If It was In Germany.

Kessler and Lacy KO Ottke too.

Hatton needed Frank's matchmaking, he would of barely got past domestic level If he was thrown In the lions den too soon. Ricky's one of those guys you gotta season up.

Joe's proved himself to pick up a few easy paydays against the likes of that cheating bitch Hopkins.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #77
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Even Ottke's trained In boxing monthly admitted Sven prefered to sit on his IBF belt rather than face Calzaghe.

The judges wouldn't save him against Calzaghe, Calzaghe would just easily tko Ottke with a flurry barrage on the ropes, then get DQ'ed for hitting his face depending If It was In Germany.

Kessler and Lacy KO Ottke too.

Hatton needed Frank's matchmaking, he would of barely got past domestic level If he was thrown In the lions den too soon. Ricky's one of those guys you gotta season up.

Joe's proved himself to pick up a few easy paydays against the likes of that cheating bitch Hopkins.
People bitch about ****** and rightly so - but it was his clever managment and marketing of Hatton outside of the ring that helped him build up that rabid fanbase which gave him the clout to get mega fights with Zoo(who had no intention of fighting him but the money tempted him) and also Mayweather.
Beatboxer is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #78
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Snap, Calzaghe preferred to sit on his WBO belt rather than face Ottke.

Ottke = Calzaghe.
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #79
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatboxer
People bitch about ****** and rightly so - but it was his clever managment and marketing of Hatton outside of the ring that helped him build up that rabid fanbase which gave him the clout to get mega fights with Zoo(who had no intention of fighting him but the money tempted him) and also Mayweather.
Yeah, it was all ****** who made 20,000 watch Hatton defend his WBU title for 5 years. After all he did the same with all his other fighters, oh wait, Frank ******'s other fighters don't usually get 20,000 watching them Very strange.

Hatton is great, just accept it.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #80
A Rock
SAMUEL ETO'O!!!!!
ESB Senior Member

nothing against hatton but ****** did a great job. whether or nor his fighters are ATGs he knows how to promote fighters. he can get ppl's attention
A Rock is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #81
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
Ottke = Calzaghe.
I've never seen Ottke at #2 on any P4P lists.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #82
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yeah, it was all ****** who made 20,000 watch Hatton defend his WBU title for 5 years. After all he did the same with all his other fighters, oh wait, Frank ******'s other fighters don't usually get 20,000 watching them Very strange.

Hatton is great, just accept it.
as much as i dislike ******, he is good at marketing his fighters when he knows they can bring in the money. obviously, the fighter also has to perform and be media friendly enough but would not be able to do it by himself. it worked with hatton, its working with khan, and i can see someone like kevin mitchell getting the same treatment
rooq is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #83
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
as much as i dislike ******, he is good at marketing his fighters when he knows they can bring in the money. obviously, the fighter also has to perform and be media friendly enough but would not be able to do it by himself. it worked with hatton, its working with khan, and i can see someone like kevin mitchell getting the same treatment
When Kevin Mitchell is selling out 20,000 without a proper world title for every fight, let me know.

Amir Khan won a silver medal at the Olympics when he was 17 years old, 10 million people watched him do it, he wouldv'e "worked" whoever signed him.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #84
KilltheKing
Overthrower
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toffeejack
I really hope that was a sarcastic response to sleazebag.
Actually .. no

He sounds like one of the few that sees it correctly ...

He didn't call Calzaghe an ATG or PFP fighter did he?

I'd have to retract if he did ...
KilltheKing is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #85
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
When Kevin Mitchell is selling out 20,000 without a proper world title for every fight, let me know.

Amir Khan won a silver medal at the Olympics when he was 17 years old, 10 million people watched him do it, he wouldv'e "worked" whoever signed him.
maybe so.

so you really think hatton would have sold 20,000 tickets a fight before winning a proper world title if he was for example promoted by maloney?
rooq is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #86
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
maybe so.

so you really think hatton would have sold 20,000 tickets a fight before winning a proper world title if he was for example promoted by maloney?
The Hatton thing is a one-off, no one compares to him in terms of numbers. He was a WBU champion outselling every p4p fighter in the world. And it's not like he even turned pro as a superstar.

****** managed Derry Matthews to a WBU title, it didn't mean he sold 20,000 seats every fight. I don't understand how it could be down to ****** masterminding it all for Hatton, and yet has done nothing like it with any other fighter.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #87
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
The Hatton thing is a one-off, no one compares to him in terms of numbers. He was a WBU champion outselling every p4p fighter in the world. And it's not like he even turned pro as a superstar.

****** managed Derry Matthews to a WBU title, it didn't mean he sold 20,000 seats every fight. I don't understand how it could be down to ****** masterminding it all for Hatton, and yet has done nothing like it with any other fighter.
i'm not saying ****** can have the same effect on every fighter he's involved with. i agree that hatton is a one off.

i'm just saying that perhaps hatton may not have got so big without the ****** hypemachine and his media connections behind him. i don't think maloney, duff or hearn would have been able to build hatton up to the same level.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #88
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i'm not saying ****** can have the same effect on every fighter he's involved with. i agree that hatton is a one off.

i'm just saying that perhaps hatton may not have got so big without the ****** hypemachine and his media connections behind him. i don't think maloney, duff or hearn would have been able to build hatton up to the same level.
Do not try and reason with this cretin He is an utter fool with a blinkers on...he gets kicks off people calling him a Hatton nut licker

****** helped Hatton big time in terms of managing him correctly and many fighters have done well whilst fighting mediocre competition with ******. He is good at maximising guys financial income that is very true.

Compare this to someone like Hobson or ****ing Hennessy who have had very succesful fighters who are nonetheless unknown to the mainstream...

If it wasn't for ****** Hatton would have never faced Tsyzu he would not have had the financial pull to do so...and poor old Sleaze can splutter all he likes...its the truth and we all damn well know it
Beatboxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum