Old 07-19-2007, 01:58 AM   #46
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Spoiler: Green v Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunter
und Du bist ein Arschgefiekter-Weihnachtsman.
Oh your german is that why you sound so stupid and have no idea about australian boxing.
jb1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2007, 02:03 AM   #47
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
I just feel it showed Griffin's lack of balance and mongrel more than his lack of chin.

Because he really didnt get tagged with a lot of clean hits going down.
Almost like he was bullied to the stoppage, which happens but I would have like to seen more.
I never used the word premature for a reason, Ive seen guys come back from more and even though it is the ref's job to protect the fighter he wasnt getting hurt all that much. Nothing controversial, wrong or harsh about it, just in my opinion It could have gone on.
Yeah, it could have gone on I guess. Very rarely have I seen a guy been allowed to fight on after going down 3 times in the one round. Echols/Brewer comes to mind, but that should have been stopped regardless of what happened in the next round.
this was different to that though, as Griffin appeared to still be ok.

He did have shit balance too. I noticed that when he threw some combo's in round 1.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:05 AM   #48
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
Oh your german is that why you sound so stupid and have no idea about australian boxing.
****en kraut haha
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:07 AM   #49
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
Yeah, it could have gone on I guess. Very rarely have I seen a guy been allowed to fight on after going down 3 times in the one round. Echols/Brewer comes to mind, but that should have been stopped regardless of what happened in the next round.
this was different to that though, as Griffin appeared to still be ok.

He did have shit balance too. I noticed that when he threw some combo's in round 1.
Ive seen some Asian fight a few years back where one guy gets dropped 4 times in a round but comes back to win either the next round or the round after.

The ref used his discretion because all but one of the KD were soft and when he was off balance and at least one was dubious.

Griffin wouldnt have come back to win however, He looked to slow for Green from the opening bell but he was frustrating Green enough to make his miss most of his power shots.
So I could have seen it lasting a few more rounds possibly.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:09 AM   #50
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
I just feel it showed Griffin's lack of balance and mongrel more than his lack of chin.

Because he really didnt get tagged with a lot of clean hits going down.
Almost like he was bullied to the stoppage, which happens but I would have like to seen more.
I never used the word premature for a reason, Ive seen guys come back from more and even though it is the ref's job to protect the fighter he wasnt getting hurt all that much. Nothing controversial, wrong or harsh about it, just in my opinion It could have gone on.
Yeah I can see where you're coming from, but imo I think it was pretty black and white. He must have got hit with something because that second KD (I think?) seemed to take its toll, he wasn't exactly getting up in a hurry. But like you said, ref's call, I would have liked to see it go a bit longer perhaps as well
sambo1987 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:28 AM   #51
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Under WA rules (and in fact I think most Oz states) there is no 3 knock down rule. Totally at refs discretion. It is only if the local commissions accept sanction body rules (eg title fights) that that rule may then come into effect.

All said and done- Griffin was going no where and hated that jab in his face!
shiner is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:37 AM   #52
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner
Under WA rules (and in fact I think most Oz states) there is no 3 knock down rule. Totally at refs discretion. It is only if the local commissions accept sanction body rules (eg title fights) that that rule may then come into effect.

All said and done- Griffin was going no where and hated that jab in his face!
we need Harold Leaderman to sort this out
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:48 AM   #53
chinachin_76
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Disciplined performance by Green, looked very focused and got the job done quickly and smoothly. 3 knockdowns in the 3rd, I thought Griffin was the best fighter in North America. The guy's useless in general, got no speed, has no power with only 8 ko's, Green couldn't have expected much from him. I hope Green fights Briggs next, it would be great for the sport in Australia. If he can't get Briggsy he should look to someone like Julio Gonzales - then he can say he deserves a title shot ... or even Oganov - won't happen.
chinachin_76 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 03:43 AM   #54
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

that crowd was disgusting and actually I would say has been every time I have seen them. Green should talk to his fans and say "rednecks your not welcome". Good greif, the Aussie Aussie chant (which is embaressing at the best of times) during the moment silence was the worst display by a crowd in Australia (minus some NSL matches) ever.
The card sucked arse, Green showed nothing new, though looks cut at this division. The only thing worth watching was Kickett, who should definately hang with the man. He is awesome potential.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #55
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
What about Green v Woods in Wales on undercard of Kessler v Calzaghe in November
woods = hennessy beave it can't happen mate but it would be nice.
The Jackal is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 08:47 AM   #56
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
that crowd was disgusting and actually I would say has been every time I have seen them. Green should talk to his fans and say "rednecks your not welcome". Good greif, the Aussie Aussie chant (which is embaressing at the best of times) during the moment silence was the worst display by a crowd in Australia (minus some NSL matches) ever.
The card sucked arse, Green showed nothing new, though looks cut at this division. The only thing worth watching was Kickett, who should definately hang with the man. He is awesome potential.
Why would kickett want to hang with the man?
especialy since kickett gets paid for fighting on greenys undercards so i'd hardly think he would start hanging out with choc so he could be exploited and get payed in tickets
Not to mention willie is a great kid who is quietly spoken and a credit to aussie boxing
something Mundine will never be
I do agree with you about the crowd though that was a f'ing disgrace!
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 02:38 AM   #57
SOULS 04
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
The card sucked arse,
are you serious????

i thought it was an excellent card... great evenly matched fights.

id rather watch a card like that than mundines media F**ktards.
SOULS 04 is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 02:57 AM   #58
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULS 04
are you serious????

i thought it was an excellent card... great evenly matched fights.

id rather watch a card like that than mundines media F**ktards.

you cant expect much from parramatta fan...........
huricn is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 06:06 AM   #59
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I did not get the opportunity to buy the PPV but I watched the fight replay and I thought Green was quite impressive. Read some people on forums suggest that Griffin was hopeless, but realistically this guy was a genuine top 30 light heavy (as on boxrec) and of course people forget that he would kick their ass.

Green looks very powerful at 175 with very good handspeed.

I think given that Green is more comfortable at 175, and has had another very solid win a rematch with Mundine is very valid, especially if Green were to pick up a 175 world title (even if it’s the lighter regarded IBO).
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 07:44 AM   #60
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right
I did not get the opportunity to buy the PPV but I watched the fight replay and I thought Green was quite impressive. Read some people on forums suggest that Griffin was hopeless, but realistically this guy was a genuine top 30 light heavy (as on boxrec) and of course people forget that he would kick their ass.

Green looks very powerful at 175 with very good handspeed.

I think given that Green is more comfortable at 175, and has had another very solid win a rematch with Mundine is very valid, especially if Green were to pick up a 175 world title (even if itís the lighter regarded IBO).
Is that you trying to pretend you know something about boxing, you laughingstock?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum