Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #16
LB3000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Peter vs Harrison or Skelton at the 02

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
I think this is all from ****** to show Haye what he can do.

I reckon Arthurs first defense will be on the card, maybe Macceranelli and Rees making there comebacks.
Enzo was scheduled to be fighting late june but it is possible his fight might be moved to this card. This could turn out to be a good card, but I can't see Frank ****** being too generous.
LB3000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #17
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Apparently Sam loves Pukka pies and will do anything to get them. FW must have offered him a trolley dash in the pukka pie factory.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #18
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Kurt, I think you are being a little childish. Peter has beaten Toney, which is something that Holyfield nor Rahman could do. He did well against Klitschko as well considering he went in pretty green and had Klitshcko on the deck – who else has done that since???? He went on to recover from three knockdowns to beat McCline and stopped Maskaev – the guy that stopped Rahman.

Fat?

Peter is a big dude but calling him fat is just plain stupid. Peter would crucify Harrison and probably stop Skelton late on. Neither of our heavyweights are in Peter’s league. He is good enough to win a title, extend Klitschko and beat a future Hall Of Famer so perhaps you should take a deep breath and give credit where it is due.

That aside he is exciting to watch, throws a lot of punches and has power to boot. He is not negative like Klitschko can be and brings a new angle to this weak division – and I do realise that the heavyweight division is in disarray after Lewis retired.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #19
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey
Kurt, I think you are being a little childish. Peter has beaten Toney, which is something that Holyfield nor Rahman could do. He did well against Klitschko as well considering he went in pretty green and had Klitshcko on the deck – who else has done that since???? He went on to recover from three knockdowns to beat McCline and stopped Maskaev – the guy that stopped Rahman.

Fat?

Peter is a big dude but calling him fat is just plain stupid. Peter would crucify Harrison and probably stop Skelton late on. Neither of our heavyweights are in Peter’s league. He is good enough to win a title, extend Klitschko and beat a future Hall Of Famer so perhaps you should take a deep breath and give credit where it is due.

That aside he is exciting to watch, throws a lot of punches and has
power to boot. He is not negative like Klitschko can be and brings a new angle to this weak division – and I do realise that the heavyweight division is in disarray after Lewis retired.
Maskaev was nothing wow. Toney is a blown up mw who has done very well at the higher weights.

I saw the maskeav fight and peter looked fat to me. As for beating Audley, yes he would beat the current audley as the guy has no confidence. AH with confidence has the attributes to beat Peter. This guy is the worst black HW belt holder of all time, he is even worse than Berbick.

You vastly over-rate Peter. He is nothing but a plodder and even handbag jab Wlad would beat him again as well as inactive Vitali.

I can assure you Skelton would go 12 with fat peter. If he got on his bike like he did against Danny he may even beat him on points.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #20
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony
No, it doesn't. It shows that you just need the right promoter to get title chances you don't deserve.
Frank ****** isn't exactly renowned for getting his fighters WBC title shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
As for beating Audley, yes he would beat the current audley as the guy has no confidence. AH with confidence has the attributes to beat Peter.
I think that is purely hypothetical as its debabtable if Audley ever had the necessary confidence to win big fights.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #21
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
Maskaev was nothing wow. Toney is a blown up mw who has done very well at the higher weights.

I saw the maskeav fight and peter looked fat to me. As for beating Audley, yes he would beat the current audley as the guy has no confidence. AH with confidence has the attributes to beat Peter. This guy is the worst black HW belt holder of all time, he is even worse than Berbick.

You vastly over-rate Peter. He is nothing but a plodder and even handbag jab Wlad would beat him again as well as inactive Vitali.

I can assure you Skelton would go 12 with fat peter. If he got on his bike like he did against Danny he may even beat him on points.
Jeez, um okay.

Vastly overrate Peter? Show me where in my post I have actually overrated him. What I have stated is nothing but fact. It is also a fact that you are being too harsh on him.

Maskaev "nothing". Again, may I say

Someone who is nothing doesn't win the a world title and as far as I'm aware many people were picking Maskaev to knock Peter out off the back of the McCline fight.

Who beforehand would have seen Peter outboxing Toney?

You are picking a bad Peter to lose against a Harrison with confidence. Is this the same Harrison who was startched by Sprott, performed so lamentabley against Williams and who didn't try against Guinn. What else has Harrison done to make you think he can compete at world level?

Skelton cannot outbox Peter. Danny at 20 stone and 8 pounds couldn't catch Skelton who got on his toes. Peter, would press the action a lot more effectivley would catch up with Skelton and throw in buches - just like Chagaev did.

He may go twelve, he may not - either way there is no way I see him beating Peter. I'd put money on it as well. Also, there is an arguement that an inactive, injury prone Vitali who seems more interested in his political career would get beaten by Peter. Let's see Klitcshko make it through a training camp before we predict whether he will be winning any fights.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #22
Diablo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

I dont rate Peter very high but hes not any worse than Rahman, Briggs and Byrd who were all poor belt holders.
Diablo is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #23
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo
I dont rate Peter very high but hes not any worse than Rahman, Briggs and Byrd who were all poor belt holders.
But he is nothing but a fat cheat. Who else punches to the back of the head like him. He should have got a DQ against Maskeav as he went for the back of the head not once but on multiple occassions.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #24
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

An in shape, well conditioned, focused Peter, beats all the British HWs, with the possible exception of Haye.

Yet, it is commom for the fighters not to take this tune ups, voluntary defenses of the belts seriouslly and show up to fight in a very ordinary condition.

With that in mind, anything is possible for this fight, specially at HW, where a single landed punch can finish it up.
11player is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 05:54 AM   #25
hide
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

im starting to fall out of love with our great sport boxing
hide is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 06:01 AM   #26
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide
im starting to fall out of love with our great sport boxing
I have to say I'm pretty disillusioned with it all at the moment as well.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:52 AM   #27
The Exile
FUBAR
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
This guy is the worst black HW belt holder of all time, he is even worse than Berbick.

Bad call.

Bruce Seldon comes to mind straight away, Peter is mostly underated these days in my opinion.
The Exile is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #28
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Peter why ?

Never saw what Peter ever did to warrant a title shot. He beat bums and then Toney. He should have been dq in the last tile fight for hitting behind the head.

AH + confidence will beat fat peter.
Peter beat James Toney and Jameel McCline. And gave Wladimir fits.

AH fought bums and got beat by Danny Williams, Dominic Guinn and starched by Michael Sprott. Yep, that just about earns him a shot in today's division.
Haye is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 07:52 AM   #29
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player
An in shape, well conditioned, focused Peter
There is simply no such thing.
Haye is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #30
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I have got a funny feeling Audley maybe just could pull this off. If he sticks behind his jab he could outbox Peter. Not a big fan of the Nigerian as he is too dimensional
RichDam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum