Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default ~ Librado Andrade and Antonio Margarito ~ who do you think is better?

I watched Margarito against Cintron I and II and Santos today and then I watched Andrade against Kessler, Mack and Stieglitz and I thought it would be interesting to compare the two...

Both have a great chin and are all-out-action, relentless brawlers. Margarito is more technical, obviously, but he does get cut sometimes and he does get hurt too. He has improved a lot since the Santos fight, though. Andrade is much more rough around the edges but I haven't seen him even a bit hurt or ever cut. He is also coming along nicely - defence is improving and he is becoming more versatile...

Overall, I would say Andrade, Bute's next opponent, is certainly not worse than Margarito, Cotto's next opponent. Perhaps, Andrade is even slightly better! In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if Andrade, as he is becoming properly trained will end up a better fighter than Margarito.

What do you think?
Decebal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
liljp361
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: ~ Librado Andrade and Antonio Margarito ~ who do you think is better?

I would say margarito... Who the hell gets dropped in the first round againstYusef Mack..........v_v
liljp361 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Default Re: ~ Librado Andrade and Antonio Margarito ~ who do you think is better?

Quote:
I watched Margarito against Cintron I and II and Santos today and then I watched Andrade against Kessler, Mack and Stieglitz and I thought it would be interesting to compare the two...
To be fair also, view Margarito getting schooled by two B fighters in Williams and Clottey and of course add in Andrade getting schooled by Kessler for a full comparison.

They are very comparable stylistically, but intangibles come to mind.

Quote:
Both have a great chin and are all-out-action, relentless brawlers. Margarito is more technical, obviously, but he does get cut sometimes and he does get hurt too. He has improved a lot since the Santos fight, though. Andrade is much more rough around the edges but I haven't seen him even a bit hurt or ever cut. He is also coming along nicely - defence is improving and he is becoming more versatile...
Andrade has better power, timing, movement and pressure in my opinion on top of his chin and endless stamina.
Quote:

Overall, I would say Andrade, Bute's next opponent, is certainly not worse than Margarito, Cotto's next opponent. Perhaps, Andrade is even slightly better! In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if Andrade, as he is becoming properly trained will end up a better fighter than Margarito.
Margarito is a B- fighter at best. The Cintron wins fool people into believing he's something he's not. A fair fighter, just not a top fighter, Andrade can be considered a top fighter with all of his intangibles and I believe ring intelligence goes to Andrade also.
Quote:
What do you think?
Never thought much of Margarito, but many disagree. They don't know what they are on about however. You came to the conclusion that Andrade's superior by watching Margo's good performances even, watch him get utterly tooled by average Joshua Clottey in their fight before Clottey gets injured and it'll be a unanimous for Andrade, I believe.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljp361
I would say margarito... Who the hell gets dropped in the first round againstYusef Mack..........v_v
Mack can punch. Who the hell struggles with Sebastien Lujan?
Old 05-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljp361
Anyone can get dropped if they don't see the punch coming. You are right...he should have seen the punch. His chin is so damn good and his heart so big that despite his relative lack of technique and experience, he overcomes all but the strongest of opponents. Even Kessler thought he had the toughest (but not most difficult) fight of his life against him. Kessler had to keep hitting like a madman just to keep the guy off him!

Margarito is a much better boxer, clearly, but he can be hurt, despite his very good chin, he can be cut and he doesn't throw quite as much...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
To be fair also, view Margarito getting schooled by two B fighters in Williams and Clottey and of course add in Andrade getting schooled by Kessler for a full comparison.

They are very comparable stylistically, but intangibles come to mind.

Andrade has better power, timing, movement and pressure in my opinion on top of his chin and endless stamina.

Margarito is a B- fighter at best. The Cintron wins fool people into believing he's something he's not. A fair fighter, just not a top fighter, Andrade can be considered a top fighter with all of his intangibles and I believe ring intelligence goes to Andrade also.

Never thought much of Margarito, but many disagree. They don't know what they are on about however. You came to the conclusion that Andrade's superior by watching Margo's good performances even, watch him get utterly tooled by average Joshua Clottey in their fight before Clottey gets injured and it'll be a unanimous for Andrade, I believe.
Didn't watch Clottley but watched Santos, and Santos isn't exactly B+... and when you compare Stieglitz to Cintron, Cintron comes off worse for wear - Stieglitz is better and tougher, more experienced and more intelligent. Yet...Andrade looked as dominant against him, just like Margarito did against Cintron...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear
Didn't watch Clottley but watched Santos, and Santos isn't exactly B+... and when you compare Stieglitz to Cintron, Cintron comes off worse for wear - Stieglitz is better and tougher, more experienced and more intelligent. Yet...Andrade looked as dominant against him, just like Margarito did against Cintron...
Spot on actually. Cintron is a C+ fighter realistically, with good timing and power. Stieglitz is a little better but will get no credit. Stieglitz has only been stopped by huge punchers, he's done very well otherwise and has some decent skills in the euro-boxer style.

Stieglitz is B-. Cintron is C+.

Can't see Stieglitz struggling life and death with someone like Jesse Feliciano, a D+ fighter, like Cintron did.

Margarito is beyond overrated. He's not a big puncher at all, Cintron is just fragile. The fact that he did nothing to Williams and was getting so badly tattooed by Clottey is a testament to everything said here about Margarito.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #8
Astola
Its a fact.
ESB Senior Member

ATT: Quebecwarrior

Get Butes dick out your ass.

He's no Gamboa. Or close to really. Butes best win is against Berio FFS.
Astola is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by québecwarrior
Sebastien Demers UD Andrade
Come on! You cannot compare Andrade to Smichet! Not least Andrade is a bigger guy, no? Not sure he could make 160 lbs, although he does seem to make 168 lbs quite easily!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:29 PM   #10
BADINTENTIONS2
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Margarito is a B- fighter at best. The Cintron wins fool people into believing he's something he's not. A fair fighter, just not a top fighter
you may be right, however i think it's being dismissive to call clottey and williams 'B' fighters.
BADINTENTIONS2 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astola
Get Butes dick out your ass.

He's no Gamboa. Or close to really. Butes best win is against Berio FFS.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #12
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADINTENTIONS2
you may be right, however i think it's being dismissive to call clottey and williams 'B' fighters.
Well...are they A- level?

I'd say B+ at best, no?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000

Quote:
Sebastien Demers UD Andrade
Ho hum.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #14
Astola
Its a fact.
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
why don't you go chase some middle-eastern man?

Bute best win is against Bika

Oh well - I agree on that one actually. But Bute hasnt shown me the talent or raw power in order to gain such huge respect as you give him.
Astola is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #15
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear
Well...are they A- level?

I'd say B+ at best, no?
Here's more info for you.

Williams got schooled by Quintana, who's a B level that Cotto destroyed in 5 rounds. Sound B+ to you? Who do we rate as B+'s?

I'll put it this way, if Taylor's a B+, Williams is a B-, he's a ****ing joke.

Clottey has good talents, but bad stamina and frail hands, a B fighter only. B+ is way too high for Clottey or Williams.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum