Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #16
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ~ Librado Andrade and Antonio Margarito ~ who do you think is better?

Easily Margarito.

Andrade has done precisely **** all, and has no skill whatsoever.
Axe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 05:39 PM   #17
Astola
Its a fact.
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: ~ Librado Andrade and Antonio Margarito ~ who do you think is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by québecwarrior
Even if Bute would lost to Andrade, I would back him like a crazy..
he made the effort to talk French, he is now attending Hockey game(not all the immigrant do that lol, he is becoming a real quebecer!)..I like his personality..a real gentleman, and he is ****in skilled..
Sometime I just talk for talk..

Perfect - good for you and mr. Bute. I wish the two of you all the best in the upcoming exciting battles at 168.
But Andrade is one tough cookie - Bute must move, move, move and box. And avoid getting hit too much in the later rounds. If he does this he will win a wide UD.
Astola is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #18
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
Easily Margarito.

Andrade has done precisely **** all, and has no skill whatsoever.
Well, if he didn't have skill, why would he TKO all these B- guys?

It's not like he has one punch KO power or anything!

He might not be skilled compared to others but his workrate and toughness make him very dangerous. Unless you are a very good boxer who moves very well in and out, with great stamina, or a strong guy who can punch as well as Kessler, with great stamina, I cannot see how you will make it out alive against this guy. Perhaps I'm overrating him a bit. We'll see how he does against Bute.

Margarito, well, we already know his limits pretty well. We know what it takes to beat Andrade, but Kessler really had all the right things to dominate him like that, I feel...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

I can see how one might argue that Margarito is better, but not how he is CLEARLY better.

What am I missing?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Mack can punch. Who the hell struggles with Sebastien Lujan?
He had Margarito backing up all fight. Cotto is going to beat the brakes off of him. Margarito fans only remember the ear coming off b/c of his wide missed punches. Lujan was working Margarito and Cotto is the same stature but 1million times better.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #21
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Here's more info for you.

Williams got schooled by Quintana, who's a B level that Cotto destroyed in 5 rounds. Sound B+ to you? Who do we rate as B+'s?

I'll put it this way, if Taylor's a B+, Williams is a B-, he's a ****ing joke.

Clottey has good talents, but bad stamina and frail hands, a B fighter only. B+ is way too high for Clottey or Williams.
Thats being unfair Amsterdam. Williams looked clueless in there with a fellow southy. It was a style thing to me. Quintana had that right hook and we know Williams just dangles his chin if he does not fear you power.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #22
Caliboxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Margarito is better overall. Haven't been impressed with Andrade's boxing skills at all.
Caliboxing is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #23
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboxing
Margarito is better overall. Haven't been impressed with Andrade's boxing skills at all.
Well...sure, because Andrade's boxing skills leave much to be desired...but as an overall package? As a professional boxer?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #24
Caliboxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear
Well...sure, because Andrade's boxing skills leave much to be desired...but as an overall package? As a professional boxer?

Margarito's two wins against Cintron are better than anything Andrade has done. The Clottey win was good too.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #25
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Margarito's two wins against Cintron are better than anything Andrade has done. The Clottey win was good too.
I am not sure about that, to be honest. Cintron had a punch, but outside of that...

Feliciano is about as good as Gomez...and he doesn't have the best of chins...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #26
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
I am not sure about that, to be honest. Cintron had a punch, but outside of that...

IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #27
Caliboxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

The first time Cintron was undefeated and the second time he was champion. Cintron's skills were also considered very good by a lot of people, especially with Steward training him and a lot of people were picking Cintron to win the second fight. Andrade hasn't had a major belt yet.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #28
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
The first time Cintron was undefeated and the second time he was champion. Cintron's skills were also considered very good by a lot of people, especially with Steward training him and a lot of people were picking Cintron to win the second fight. Andrade hasn't had a major belt yet.
Yes, I know...still...Steward, well, I'm not impressed by anything he does; I think he's very overrated and a liability, really! And a belt in itself means very little...but anyway, yeah...fair enough.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #29
Sonny Carson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Amsterdam proves once again why he's a ****in idiot. Let's see Margarito has actually beaten people in the top 10 and a belt holder and Andrade has done neither, but he's better than Margarito.
Sonny Carson is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #30
Samurai
I lost an avatar bet
ESB Addict

What the hell.

Some people here say Margarito due to Andrade's lack of pure boxing skills? What the **** is Margarito? Whitaker? Ali? Mayweather?
Samurai is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum