Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Betty Swollocks - Is this what you mean?

When you say Hatton insults your intelligence.

It seems from this article that Hatton has never heard of Cotto, Margarito, Mosley etc. Despite already being thrashed by PBF he thinks he's the most deserving of fighting the P4P #1.

Hatton: 'It's Farewell... or Floyd'

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

• Ricky Hatton says only Floyd Mayweather is likely to get him boxing back in Britain.

The Hitman has revealed that The Homecoming against Juan Lazcano will probably be his last on these shores before he sees out his career back in America. But having held initial talks with the Pretty Boy about a rematch, Hatton says he would be looking for home advantage if it comes off - at Wembley Stadium.

"As far as fighting in England again, this could be my last fight," he told skysports.com. "But we'll have to wait and see. "I would love a rematch with Floyd. It's very easy to say that but first the key is to re-establish myself and get back to winning ways by putting on a fantastic show against Juan Lazcano, to show fight fans and critics that Ricky Hatton has got a lot more to offer. Maybe Floyd would like to come over here to England should I get past Lazcano and Malignaggi."

"He's done so much in his career so far, there's not really much more he can do. He's got his fight coming up against Oscar and if he were to beat Oscar, there really isn't anything more he can do. Maybe it appeals to Floyd to come and fight outside the United States for the first time and come across to England to fight me. I have no doubt that for Floyd Mayweather, a fight in England could get 100,000 people, probably at Wembley Stadium. Floyd is wanting to build his fanbase, his popularity and appeal to the people and I think he would go right up in people's estimations if he came over to fight me in my backyards - like I fought him in his backyard. If his profile can go any higher, he would get plenty of fans if he could do that, so it's a possibility, fighting in England."

Mayweather first has to come through another rematch, this time with Oscar de la Hoya who, as Lazcano's promoter, will be flying into Manchester for the fight next week. Golden Boy Promotions have also signed Hatton on a three-fight deal - after this one - and chief executive Richard Schaeffer admits that Hatton is now big box office in the States. The Mayweather fight did exceptionally well on pay-per-view and with three more fights to come on HBO, including a likely New York showdown with Paulie Malignaggi, America's gain is likely to be Britain's loss.

"The fans know that when Ricky Hatton is going to enter the ring, they're going to get entertained, get their money's worth and have one heck of an exciting fight,"
    Schaeffer told skysports.com. "The fact is, fight fans might have heard about Ricky, but with the 24/7 shows (screened on HBO and Sky Sports) and then his performance against Floyd, he really has captured the hearts of American fight fans and sports fans period. I have no doubt Ricky Hatton today is bigger than he was before and more appreciated and loved over here in the United States and around the world. The American fight fans can't wait to see him live on Versus (who are screening the fight in America) and then hopefully in the Fall, back here in the United States. That is a testament to Ricky. No other fighter even comes close to selling 55,000 tickets for a fight."
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Default Re: Betty Swollocks - Is this what you mean?

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!!

"Scandal!!! Professional boxer tries to secure big rematch"

Don't get consumed in this like some of the other haters FJ.....its a very negative state of mind and outlook on boxing. It that what you aspire to be round here? Bettys straightman? You may as well entitled the thread "Dance for me Betty!!"
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

In the immortal words of Larry Holmes: "So. ****ing. What".

Who gives a shit? He's hyping a fight.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!!

"Scandal!!! Professional boxer tries to secure big rematch"

Don't get consumed in this like some of the other haters FJ.....its a very negative state of mind and outlook on boxing. It that what you aspire to be round here? Bettys straightman? You may as well entitled the thread "Dance for me Betty!!"
"True boxing" fans can see through Hatton's BS

When I was writing this I was in two minds whether to post it, I knew I would get a rebuke off you and when I saw your name as the latest post I was a little bit hesitant about opening the thread.

I don't particularly want to be labelled a hater, and was in two minds about posting this but I couldn't resist.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe

When I was writing this I was in two minds whether to post it, I knew I would get a rebuke off you and when I saw your name as the latest post I was a little bit hesitant about opening the thread.

I don't particularly want to be labelled a hater, and was in two minds about posting this but I couldn't resist.

The power of the Dark Side is powerful Fat Joe.

Join us Hatton haters.

Actually....Nah....do what you wan't.

Laughed my ass off when he was on Soccer AM a few weeks back; he's a funny bastard. But I hate his style in the ring, and for a boxing fan that is where it should matter. Bullshit talk in the papers/TV is one thing, but if the guy looks the shit in the ring, in my opinion, then he's ok in my books. Unfortunately, Hatton looks crap in there; again in my opinion. I have no wish to be crucified myself.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
This is the kind of comment I don't like. It's insinuating that Hatton fans are...Hatton fans, and not fans of the sport. It's insulting. Same with the bullshit Betty, Scurla and others use when they start sentences like "Only an idiot would..." or whatever.

And I think you are a hater. Why? Because if 99% of boxers said the same thing you wouldn't give a shit. You'd probably say it's hype, which is correct. You have double standards.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #7
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC
The power of the Dark Side is powerful Fat Joe.

Join us Hatton haters.

Actually....Nah....do what you wan't.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #8
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC
Laughed my ass off when he was on Soccer AM a few weeks back; he's a funny bastard. But I hate his style in the ring, and for a boxing fan that is where it should matter. Bullshit talk in the papers/TV is one thing, but if the guy looks the shit in the ring, in my opinion, then he's ok in my books. Unfortunately, Hatton looks crap in there; again in my opinion. I have no wish to be crucified myself.
I agree with you. I hate Hatton's style. I've never understood why people like it, asnd he gets away with saying he fights like Roberto Duran without criticism. As soon as he started facing guys who didn't roll over, he became an awfully ugly fighter to watch.

Still, I think he's one of boxing true nice guys. He does charity work, looks after his friends and family, stays humble and treats his fans with utmost respect. For as much as I dislike his in-ring style, his attitude out of it is what makes me a fan. I said the same about Chris Byrd in another thread. Bad style, but a truly good person. I can't hate a guy like that.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
This is the kind of comment I don't like. It's insinuating that Hatton fans are...Hatton fans, and not fans of the sport.
I was being sarcastic saying that as I have seen Betty being held to account for this before.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #10
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:

Don't worry about me mate, its a fair post re. Cotto, Marg etc but the title just sounds like to trying to wind up the usual suspects so we can go over the same ground for the 117th time.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #11
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
I was being sarcastic saying that as I have seen Betty being held to account for this before.
Yep, I caught that. I did make me laugh....
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #12
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
And I think you are a hater. Why? Because if 99% of boxers said the same thing you wouldn't give a shit. You'd probably say it's hype, which is correct. You have double standards.
The hater part - I might be morphing into one. As for the double standards I don't think that's true, I'm trying to think of another situation to compare this to (can't think of one yet). But if another fighter came out with similar I'm sure he would cop a lot of flak.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #13
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
I agree with you. I hate Hatton's style.
If you are not being sarcastic that really shocks me.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #14
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
The hater part - I might be morphing into one. As for the double standards I don't think that's true, I'm trying to think of another situation to compare this to (can't think of one yet). But if another fighter came out with similar I'm sure he would cop a lot of flak.
What other fighter sends people into fits of rage when they talk about themselves in the first person? Hattons no angel and plays the pubicity game a little to well for some people liking but he's the victim of some shocking double standards on this forum.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #15
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
If you are not being sarcastic that really shocks me.
Why? I'm absolutely serious, too. I haven't really enjoyed a Hatton fight in years.
Jack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum