Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #16
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Betty Swollocks - Is this what you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Why? I'm absolutely serious, too. I haven't really enjoyed a Hatton fight in years.
From this thread I can see that you are a fan of Hatton the man. I always assumed from your earlier posts that you were a fan of Hatton the fighter.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #17
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe
From this thread I can see that you are a fan of Hatton the man. I always assumed from your earlier posts that you were a fan of Hatton the fighter.
Ah, no, definetly not. I thik he has potential to be in some great fights, but for that to happen, he would need an opponent to really bounce of his style. I think a fight with Pacquiao would be good, but someone like Juan Diaz would be another stinker.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #18
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

JonOli is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 03:39 AM   #19
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
When you say Hatton insults your intelligence.

It seems from this article that Hatton has never heard of Cotto, Margarito, Mosley etc. Despite already being thrashed by PBF he thinks he's the most deserving of fighting the P4P #1.

Hatton: 'It's Farewell... or Floyd'

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  • Ricky Hatton says only Floyd Mayweather is likely to get him boxing back in Britain.

The Hitman has revealed that The Homecoming against Juan Lazcano will probably be his last on these shores before he sees out his career back in America. But having held initial talks with the Pretty Boy about a rematch, Hatton says he would be looking for home advantage if it comes off - at Wembley Stadium.

"As far as fighting in England again, this could be my last fight," he told skysports.com. "But we'll have to wait and see. "I would love a rematch with Floyd. It's very easy to say that but first the key is to re-establish myself and get back to winning ways by putting on a fantastic show against Juan Lazcano, to show fight fans and critics that Ricky Hatton has got a lot more to offer. Maybe Floyd would like to come over here to England should I get past Lazcano and Malignaggi."

"He's done so much in his career so far, there's not really much more he can do. He's got his fight coming up against Oscar and if he were to beat Oscar, there really isn't anything more he can do. Maybe it appeals to Floyd to come and fight outside the United States for the first time and come across to England to fight me. I have no doubt that for Floyd Mayweather, a fight in England could get 100,000 people, probably at Wembley Stadium. Floyd is wanting to build his fanbase, his popularity and appeal to the people and I think he would go right up in people's estimations if he came over to fight me in my backyards - like I fought him in his backyard. If his profile can go any higher, he would get plenty of fans if he could do that, so it's a possibility, fighting in England."

Mayweather first has to come through another rematch, this time with Oscar de la Hoya who, as Lazcano's promoter, will be flying into Manchester for the fight next week. Golden Boy Promotions have also signed Hatton on a three-fight deal - after this one - and chief executive Richard Schaeffer admits that Hatton is now big box office in the States. The Mayweather fight did exceptionally well on pay-per-view and with three more fights to come on HBO, including a likely New York showdown with Paulie Malignaggi, America's gain is likely to be Britain's loss.

"The fans know that when Ricky Hatton is going to enter the ring, they're going to get entertained, get their money's worth and have one heck of an exciting fight,"
    Schaeffer told skysports.com. "The fact is, fight fans might have heard about Ricky, but with the 24/7 shows (screened on HBO and Sky Sports) and then his performance against Floyd, he really has captured the hearts of American fight fans and sports fans period. I have no doubt Ricky Hatton today is bigger than he was before and more appreciated and loved over here in the United States and around the world. The American fight fans can't wait to see him live on Versus (who are screening the fight in America) and then hopefully in the Fall, back here in the United States. That is a testament to Ricky. No other fighter even comes close to selling 55,000 tickets for a fight."

Hold on. Where does Hatton say he's never heard of Cotto in there?

I've looked but I can't find it.

This is a really, really, really, shit thread and it's all getting a bit pathetic now.

Don't you feel even a little bit ashamed for posting this, and putting a pathetic, non-existent angle on it?
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 04:31 AM   #20
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter
Don't you feel even a little bit ashamed for posting this, and putting a pathetic, non-existent angle on it?
You are clutching at straws. There is a similar thread running in the General Forum and most people think Hatton is talking shit, so it's not just me.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 04:38 AM   #21
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

I ain't even gonna rise to it!!

BTW Jack, you're a good guy and a real boxing fan.
mattress is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #22
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
This is the kind of comment I don't like. It's insinuating that Hatton fans are...Hatton fans, and not fans of the sport. It's insulting. Same with the bullshit Betty, Scurla and others use when they start sentences like "Only an idiot would..." or whatever.

And I think you are a hater. Why? Because if 99% of boxers said the same thing you wouldn't give a shit. You'd probably say it's hype, which is correct. You have double standards.
Too true that. I personally have no problem with anybody not liking Hatton (or any other boxer) for their style in the ring or their personality out of it. It's part of life. But if I don't like a fighter, I will say my piece and then have done with it. I won't resort to starting a dozen threads a day trying to twist everything he says in a negative way: "Ricky Hatton takes a shit, does he not give a toss about the environment". That sort of thing just makes you look like a schizo who has some kind of irrational hate thing going.
"TKO" is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #23
dwilson

vCash:

I kind of want Hatton and Mayweather to fight againd just to see Hatton humiliated.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #24
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
You are clutching at straws. There is a similar thread running in the General Forum and most people think Hatton is talking shit, so it's not just me.
You still havn't explained the shit stirring tone of the thread title?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #25
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
The hater part - I might be morphing into one.

elle is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #26
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm not clutching at anything

You are the one clutching at straws with your interpretation of what he said

It is a tad pathetic fella, no offence meant, but think about it. You are picking apart a statement and looking for hidden meaning that isn't actually there

In fact it may be more than pathetic, it is borderline obsessive
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #27
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO
Too true that. I personally have no problem with anybody not liking Hatton (or any other boxer) for their style in the ring or their personality out of it. It's part of life. But if I don't like a fighter, I will say my piece and then have done with it. I won't resort to starting a dozen threads a day trying to twist everything he says in a negative way: "Ricky Hatton takes a shit, does he not give a toss about the environment". That sort of thing just makes you look like a schizo who has some kind of irrational hate thing going.

JonOli is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #28
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter
I'm not clutching at anything

You are the one clutching at straws with your interpretation of what he said

It is a tad pathetic fella, no offence meant, but think about it. You are picking apart a statement and looking for hidden meaning that isn't actually there

In fact it may be more than pathetic, it is borderline obsessive
Can't agree with that. You can spin it any way you like but Hatton has plainly stated in that article that there are no real fights out there for Mayweather, despite everyone knowing PBF V Cotto is the biggest potential fight in the sport at the moment.

Also Hatton has stated that he is not a WW so why does he think Hatton V Mayweather II is the best fight out there for Floyd, especially considering the strength of the WW division.

And it's not just me, here's a quote from General which puts it better than I did.

Ahhh...stick it where the sun dont shine RICKY
Thats basically all out shameless pomotional rubbish tryingto sell a fight. If Cotto beats Margarito? That is THE FIGHT. PERIOD. Wanna fight Floyd again? Better stick around long enough to find out
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #29
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

Quote:
Can't agree with that. You can spin it any way you like but Hatton has plainly stated in that article that there are no real fights out there for Mayweather, despite everyone knowing PBF V Cotto is the biggest potential fight in the sport at the moment.
He didn't 'plainly state' that at all. Or it would be easy for you to quote.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #30
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
You still havn't explained the shit stirring tone of the thread title?

Surely you're not suggesting this is another anti Hatton stirring thread....

elle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum