Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Gary Shaw's QUOTES regarding Tyson vs Kimbo...

I made a thread a few days ago regarding this potential match up and a few flushed it down the toilet (for good reasons ) but it looks like this match up might happen....The only way I want to see this fight is if Tyson goes back to 1988 in one of these....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Gary Shaw Kimbo's Promoter

“Call it a freak show or a circus or whatever you want, but it would be the most-watched pay-per-view event ever,”

“There is an ‘it’ factor that some guys have and some don’t, and Kimbo has it,” promoter Gary Shaw said. “Oscar De La Hoya has it. He is still a superstar, even though he doesn’t have superstar skills any more. Tyson has it. When Tyson walks into an arena, the place still erupts. I’ve been to a high-class steakhouse with Kimbo and I’ve seen it.

People, not just the young kids, all stand up and say, ‘Kimbo! Hey, there’s Kimbo!’

“You could take most of the best fighters in the world and have them walk into a place like that and the maître d would say, ‘OK, we’ll have a table for you in 40 minutes.’ Kimbo is a superstar right now, and he’s only going to get bigger.”

Bas Ruten KIMBO's Trainer

“We’re building a fighter here, and we’re building a fighter who is going to be very formidable before not too long,” Rutten said. “He’s worked extremely hard. He was a hard puncher when I first saw him, but he’s improved his striking greatly. His footwork, his reach and his torque are all greatly improved.

“He’s working on his submissions. That’s the area he’s most green, but he’s learning. People said I was just a striker, but more than half of my wins were by submission. It can be learned. He’s already very good with his takedown defenses and his escapes and reversals are surprisingly good.”

“We don’t want him to be treated like a circus act, because he’s not,” Rutten said. “He’s a legitimate fighter who is working extremely hard – I mean as hard as anyone I’ve ever seen – and who is getting better so quickly. Kimbo is a nice, respectful person to everyone he meets and he’s taking the sport super seriously. He deserves that same kind of respect in return.”
Dunks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
maracho
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Gary Shaw's QUOTES regarding Tyson vs Kimbo...

I'll watch it but I'd rather see Kimbo fight Holyfield, Micheal Moorer, joe Meci , Jurov or especially James Toney
maracho is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Borincano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunks
I made a thread a few days ago regarding this potential match up and a few flushed it down the toilet (for good reasons ) but it looks like this match up might happen....The only way I want to see this fight is if Tyson goes back to 1988 in one of these....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Gary Shaw Kimbo's Promoter

“Call it a freak show or a circus or whatever you want, but it would be the most-watched pay-per-view event ever,”

“There is an ‘it’ factor that some guys have and some don’t, and Kimbo has it,” promoter Gary Shaw said. “Oscar De La Hoya has it. He is still a superstar, even though he doesn’t have superstar skills any more. Tyson has it. When Tyson walks into an arena, the place still erupts. I’ve been to a high-class steakhouse with Kimbo and I’ve seen it.

People, not just the young kids, all stand up and say, ‘Kimbo! Hey, there’s Kimbo!’

“You could take most of the best fighters in the world and have them walk into a place like that and the maître d would say, ‘OK, we’ll have a table for you in 40 minutes.’ Kimbo is a superstar right now, and he’s only going to get bigger.”

Bas Ruten KIMBO's Trainer

“We’re building a fighter here, and we’re building a fighter who is going to be very formidable before not too long,” Rutten said. “He’s worked extremely hard. He was a hard puncher when I first saw him, but he’s improved his striking greatly. His footwork, his reach and his torque are all greatly improved.

“He’s working on his submissions. That’s the area he’s most green, but he’s learning. People said I was just a striker, but more than half of my wins were by submission. It can be learned. He’s already very good with his takedown defenses and his escapes and reversals are surprisingly good.”

“We don’t want him to be treated like a circus act, because he’s not,” Rutten said. “He’s a legitimate fighter who is working extremely hard – I mean as hard as anyone I’ve ever seen – and who is getting better so quickly. Kimbo is a nice, respectful person to everyone he meets and he’s taking the sport super seriously. He deserves that same kind of respect in return.”
Shaw just quoted "call it a freak show or a circus or whatever you want". Ruten said "we don't want him to be treated like a circus act" Shaw also said that he takes Kimbo to Burger King, I mean high class steak joints and everybody goes crazy like if they seen Tyson or Oscar....Yea right. Shaw is playing both sides of the fence with the MMA and boxing. It looks like to me that he is going to discredit boxers to hype up his MMA fighters. I know Tyson is retired, but what makes anyone think Shaw won't start with active boxers too.
Borincano is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #4
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maracho
I'll watch it but I'd rather see Kimbo fight Holyfield, Micheal Moorer, joe Meci , Jurov or especially James Toney
I'd pay a fortune to see Kimbo fight James Toney, that would be one brutal beat-down
Fighting Weight is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum