Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #46
Sputnik44
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winsdor Locks, CT
Posts: 558
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

I never said listen to me, just don't pray at the altar of Kellerman...

you keep changing what was said to make a comment why not just stay on the topic? Man your Degree from ODU is helping big time
Sputnik44 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #47
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyOunce
The shot where he was off balance????
Off balance?

Wait. Isn't it your contention that you're right that Gamboa was hurt because the announcers said so?

Tell me what the announcers say here...

BORKED

So which is it?
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #48
Borincano
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,618
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

I did not see the fight, but I keep hearing how great he is before he can prove it. So he got dropped and was not hurt, okay. I don't know what the hell Peter has to do with any of this, but Gamboa is in for a rude awakening if he fights someone with some good power. Fine he took the hit, but he has to really think about working on his defense. Many fighters get dropped so what, look at Oscar in the beginning. Tito too. I hope this kid and his handlers start to really get things together before getting in there with some heavy hitters. You guys are bullies making a member prove he has a degree. Let's leave Peter for another thread. I'm sure there are going to be tons of them for the outcome of his next fight.
Borincano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #49
Sputnik44
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Winsdor Locks, CT
Posts: 558
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borincano
I did not see the fight, but I keep hearing how great he is before he can prove it. So he got dropped and was not hurt, okay. I don't know what the hell Peter has to do with any of this, but Gamboa is in for a rude awakening if he fights someone with some good power. Fine he took the hit, but he has to really think about working on his defense. Many fighters get dropped so what, look at Oscar in the beginning. Tito too. I hope this kid and his handlers start to really get things together before getting in there with some heavy hitters. You guys are bullies making a member prove he has a degree. Let's leave Peter for another thread. I'm sure there are going to be tons of them for the outcome of his next fight.

First I agree with you on Gamboa needing to improve his Defense. with that said no one forced him to prove anything he's the one who started spouting off about having a degree. he offered to email me a copy, if you look I have explained how having a degree means nothing in boxing, I could care less if someone has a HS degree a Bachelors or a PHD
Sputnik44 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #50
FourtyOunce
Stick Ninja
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Danville,VA
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
Off balance?

Wait. Isn't it your contention that you're right that Gamboa was hurt because the announcers said so?

Tell me what the announcers say here...

BORKED

So which is it?

Yes, watch the fight on youtube.... Peter throws a right at the same time that maskaev's throws his shot....Maskaev elbow hits peter on the shoulder and bumps him back
FourtyOunce is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #51
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyOunce
Yes, watch the fight on youtube.... Peter throws a right at the same time that maskaev's throws his shot....Maskaev elbow hits peter on the shoulder and bumps him back
According to the announcers Maskaev landed a hard shot and Peter was on the defensive. So tell me, if you're argument in part is that Gamboa was hurt because the announcers SAID he was, how are you now going to disregard the announcers here?

You walked into it.....
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #52
FourtyOunce
Stick Ninja
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Danville,VA
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
Off balance?

Wait. Isn't it your contention that you're right that Gamboa was hurt because the announcers said so?

Tell me what the announcers say here...

BORKED

So which is it?


You got me there!!!! Very nice comeback
FourtyOunce is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #53
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyOunce
Really? What huge hitter has he faced????
Take a step back, re-read what I posted, let it swirl around that melon and review what you just posted.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:54 PM   #54
FourtyOunce
Stick Ninja
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Danville,VA
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Take a step back, re-read what I posted, let it swirl around that melon and review what you just posted.
Ok I took a step back re-read what you said.... How can you say that he has a hell of a chin based on the competion he has faced
FourtyOunce is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #55
bmf95b
Boxing Fan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Falfurrias Tx
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyOunce
Now I get it.... I should listen to you over max kellerman

Your dumb. Also you have plenty of typos in your posts. What no keyboard class in college?
bmf95b is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #56
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
Posts: 6,022
vCash: 800
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

That was some funny shit I didnt understand his trainer would wipe the sweat off his face and then rake his tounge with the damn thing......WHY??

I was impressed with Gamboa, however he won't last too long with his hands down....Lennox Lewis made a good comment about that "One way you learn to keep your hands up is you get KTFO"

And Gamboa doesnt have a bad beard I get so sick and tired of people on here not knowing what a bad chin is...figure it out already

Overall Gamboa is a great prospect and may eventually have to get KTFO to learn how to fight a bit smarter, he can still move laterally with his hands up
RealIzm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #57
FourtyOunce
Stick Ninja
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Danville,VA
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmf95b
Your dumb. Also you have plenty of typos in your posts. What no keyboard class in college?

not the lack of keyboard classes just the amount of beer
FourtyOunce is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #58
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

The wiping of the tongue thing was confusing. Maybe he is part dog or something and he sweats from his tongue??? Maybe its the flat top fade? Maybe he has thrush or ate some bad ***** the night before... I dont know.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:17 AM   #59
bmf95b
Boxing Fan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Falfurrias Tx
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 1000
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

In round 8 or so I thought they were going to pull Gamoboa's toung right out of his mouth.
bmf95b is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:17 AM   #60
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
Posts: 6,022
vCash: 800
Default Re: WTF is up with wiping the tounge????

Ok enough bantering about Gamboas beard

Does anyone know why Gamboas trainer was wiping his tounge right after wiping his sweaty face???

I really would like to know....It's sort of bothering me, and after all it's the thread topic
RealIzm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013