boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 01:41 AM   #31
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd


BTW, you hitting Mohegan on the 7th?
I agree with your posts completely by the way. Jimenez is a top 15 level fighter and got absolutely dominated. A hard temple shot lands and he's down for 2 seconds and they write his ass off?

Jimenez was BRUTALISED, had it been a 12 rounder, it would have been an 11th round TKO. Gamboa will fix these issue's and develop accordingly, people are morons.

Linares is better potential?

I was incredibly impressed. He rose from the KD and finished the fight by showing multi-dimension potential and just killing Jimenez. I thought he proved a great chin also, Jimenez can crack and it took a temple shot to drop him, he was only down for 2 seconds and ate some bombs after and didn't blink.

The guy is still the future P4P #1.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2008, 01:42 AM   #32
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIzm
****adoodledoo already


PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 ****ing fights and were comparing him to Pac???
take another bong hit stoner
Context. Its good to have before speaking.

For weeks there has been comparison to Pac, he in fact mentioned his name if I am not mistaken. There were also threads ****yzing the matchup and some posters thought he would be competitive and win.
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:43 AM   #33
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 126,381
vCash: 46250
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd


BTW, you hitting Mohegan on the 7th?
The only way is gonna be for me to quit my job and I'm sorely tempted.

I'd have to be in Newton at 7am Sunday morning - and no way I can take it off.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:47 AM   #34
Drederick Tatum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 258
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

I really question Gamboa's power, and I know Manny has some A-bombs, after adjusting to the speed and workrate he would have no respect for Gamboa in there.
Drederick Tatum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:48 AM   #35
El Matador
Your Boxing Authority
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 769
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drederick Tatum
I really question Gamboa's power, and I know Manny has some A-bombs, after adjusting to the speed and workrate he would have no respect for Gamboa in there.
You know, I thought of that during the fight, because he wasn't really hurting Jiminez despiting landed a ridiculous number of punches and battering Jiminez face.
El Matador is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:49 AM   #36
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston...
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt
The only way is gonna be for me to quit my job and I'm sorely tempted.

I'd have to be in Newton at 7am Sunday morning - and no way I can take it off.
Sucks bro...I took the day of the fight...and the next day off already (as I will probably be hung the **** over)...I aint chancing it.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:52 AM   #37
RealIzm
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I don't always sleep with my eyes open, but when I do it's because of Maravilla.
Posts: 6,021
vCash: 800
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Context. Its good to have before speaking.

For weeks there has been comparison to Pac, he in fact mentioned his name if I am not mistaken. There were also threads ****yzing the matchup and some posters thought he would be competitive and win.
Well sorry mate but that is just sad.... that is a sign that your on here too much when people start making comparisons that don't mean anything....it makes me think of Hamed
Hamed was a great athlete but when it was time to step up and fight a REAL fighter he was brutally owned.....that would be the case here as well with Pac-Gamboa....an utter waste of time.....certainly there are more relevant and credible comparisons to make for either fighter which is why I'm astounded by this sillyness
RealIzm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #38
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIzm
Well sorry mate but that is just sad.... that is a sign that your on here too much when people start making comparisons that don't mean anything....it makes me think of Hamed
Hamed was a great athlete but when it was time to step up and fight a REAL fighter he was brutally owned.....that would be the case here as well with Pac-Gamboa....an utter waste of time.....certainly there are more relevant and credible comparisons to make for either fighter which is why I'm astounded by this sillyness
Well, Gamboa is 27 or 28 years old and has to move quickly given the shorter duration of fighters in this weight class and given his reliance on reflexes.

And its been stated more than once that his people do indeed want to move him quickly and have even talked world title fight in the near future.

Your getting on me is somewhat ironic to me because the thread was basically in agreement with your sentiments that this isn't the proper move. But I can assure you its his people talking big names soon, not me making broad jumps for unsubstantiated reasons.
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:56 AM   #39
Chert
Ringside Potato
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Matador
You know, I thought of that during the fight, because he wasn't really hurting Jiminez despiting landed a ridiculous number of punches and battering Jiminez face.
yeah. i really think that gamboa is more suited @126 rather than 130. he's small for a SFW and his power may not be enough to hurt the bigger fighters at this weight.
Chert is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #40
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston...
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Well, Gamboa is 27 or 28 years old and has to move quickly given the shorter duration of fighters in this weight class and given his reliance on reflexes.

And its been stated more than once that his people do indeed want to move him quickly and have even talked world title fight in the near future.

Your getting on me is somewhat ironic to me because the thread was basically in agreement with your sentiments that this isn't the proper move. But I can assure you its his people talking big names soon, not me making broad jumps for unsubstantiated reasons.
He is 26...again, give him time.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:58 AM   #41
Rui
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 879
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

I was wondering about Gamboa's age and according to boxrec, he's only 26 and doesn't turn 27 until December.
Rui is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:59 AM   #42
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Gamboa is 26 years old. A lot of people seem to think he's older. While not neccessarily young, he's still got a fair amount of time to do his thing.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:59 AM   #43
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
He is 26...again, give him time.
My bad, but age not withstanding, his people have still talked of moving him quickly.
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:01 AM   #44
Rui
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 879
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Remember though, he is Cuban. In baseball, you have to add a decade to every age given by a Cuban player.

Not to mention Casamayor looks like he's about 45.
Rui is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:01 AM   #45
elindiomonzon
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 447
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

he will send his ass back to guantanamo
elindiomonzon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015