Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-18-2008, 01:01 AM   #46
Chert
Ringside Potato
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does Anyone Not Think Pac Would Spark Gamboa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
He is 26...again, give him time.
yep. but in another thread before this fight, ppl here already have him winning against pac now...
Chert is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #47
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

vCash: 845

I assure you that Gamboa would tighten up against a world class opponent and he would give a helluva better showing than tonight.

I think that he has issues ... but none the less ... he would fight back --
fitzgeraldz is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #48
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

oh and Valero KO 8
Old 05-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #49
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzgeraldz
I assure you that Gamboa would tighten up against a world class opponent and he would give a helluva better showing than tonight.
for once i agree with you. adjustments are going to be made.
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:07 AM   #50
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
oh and Valero KO 8
Why is it that you so overrate Valero? You overrate the hell out of a guy like Floyd due to his technical skills, so why Valero? Such a wide and unskilled fighter will clearly be exposed, and soon. He's not much better than Ponce.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:08 AM   #51
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Why is it that you so overrate Valero? You overrate the hell out of a guy like Floyd due to his technical skills, so why Valero? Such a wide and unskilled fighter will clearly be exposed, and soon. He's not much better than Ponce.
He's waaaay better than Ponce ... and to prove that JuanMa is going to knock him out.

Valero will show once he makes his US debut ...

You break down Valero as if you know boxing ... sounds funny to me ... in fact i'm laughing right now.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:19 AM   #52
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chert
yep. but in another thread before this fight, ppl here already have him winning against pac now...
I just ignore those people.

Plus, giving a fighter THAT MUCH praise this early is way too risky...your basically setting yourself up to be let down.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:19 AM   #53
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Tonight's fight should shut down all the comparisons and fantasy matchup between Gamboa and Pacman.

Now with that said, I feel dissappointed in Gamboa tonight, he got knocked down and wobble 5 times against light hitting nobody who wasnt really throwing much tonight, and I have no idea what Amsterdam is talking about calling Jimenez a top 15 fighter .

Boxing needs a high talent fighter like Gamboa to be a success but we have to face it, we have another Amir Khan on our hands here. A high talent fighter with a bad chin, its just a matter of time before we see his back on the canvas and not getting up.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #54
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I was banned for a few days.(Posting a nice article from RSR) I don't even have a chance to do a Prediction in the fights.

It's just proven that Hyping guru Amsty & his cohorts was way overrating Gamboa. I've said before that Gamboa is easy to get hit. I'm picking JMM, Linares, Guzman, Valero, Guerrero, and of course Pac to beat Gamboa easily.

All Gamboa has is his fast hands. He's kinda stiff and not quick with his reflex. He looks small and looks like have a short hand. He's a former 2004 Flyweight Champ in the Olympics when he was 22. Compared to pac who already campaigning at 122 at age 21, 126 by age 24 and at 130 at age 26

Long range Bomber and Great Chin is all an opponent need to beat Gamboa. Pac will Ko him in less than 5 rds. JMM will Ko him. Guzman will out tap & out run him. Valero, Guerrero & Linares will Ko him. Sorry Gamboa's bandwagon, he's not the real deal.

My Real Deal:

Kirkland, Banal, Victor Ortiz, Linares, Concepcion, Donaire And of course The P4P Greatest of this Generation Pacman.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:23 AM   #55
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
My bad, but age not withstanding, his people have still talked of moving him quickly.
He is moving rather quicky. 10 fights vs some very good competition (insane competition when you factor in just how little pro experience he has...I posted his opponents records up to this point and its something like 160 or so and 30.... ) in just over a year is VERY quickly. But going from very good to world class is quite a jump.

Also, what people are forgetting is, he has been taking fights on a month (give or take a few days) time...imagine how impressive he will look when he gets A REAL TRAINING CAMP (4-6 months) and time to truely prepare for a certain fighter.

I cant say it enough...give the guy some time.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:24 AM   #56
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
I was banned for a few days.(Posting a nice article from RSR)
That article was garbage, the author said Pac was the best defensive fighter he had ever seen. A banning was neccesary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
It's just proven that Hyping guru Amsty & his cohorts was way overrating Gamboa. I've said before that Gamboa is easy to get hit. I'm picking JMM, Linares, Guzman, Valero, Guerrero, and of course Pac to beat Gamboa easily.

All Gamboa has is his fast hands. He's kinda stiff and not quick with his reflex. He looks small and looks like have a short hand. He's a former 2004 Flyweight Champ in the Olympics when he was 22. Compared to pac who already campaigning at 122 at age 21, 126 by age 24 and at 130 at age 26

Long range Bomber and Great Chin is all an opponent need to beat Gamboa. Pac will Ko him in less than 5 rds. JMM will Ko him. Guzman will out tap & out run him. Valero, Guerrero & Linares will Ko him. Sorry Gamboa's bandwagon, he's not the real deal.

My Real Deal:

Kirkland, Banal, Victor Ortiz, Linares, Concepcion, Donaire And of course The P4P Greatest of this Generation Pacman.
Good to see you give Linares credit.
acb is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:26 AM   #57
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
He is moving rather quicky. 10 fights vs some very good competition (insane competition when you factor in just how little pro experience he has...I posted his opponents records up to this point and its something like 160 or so and 30.... ) in just over a year is VERY quickly. But going from very good to world class is quite a jump.

Also, what people are forgetting is, he has been taking fights on a month (give or take a few days) time...imagine how impressive he will look when he gets A REAL TRAINING CAMP (4-6 months) and time to truely prepare for a certain fighter.

I cant say it enough...give the guy some time.
Sues2nd I have a strange feeling he isn't going to be able to plug his holes defensively. Its brash to say that after one fight but against its just a gut feeling.
acb is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #58
ganchozurdo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
He's waaaay better than Ponce ... and to prove that JuanMa is going to knock him out.

You break down Valero as if you know boxing ... sounds funny to me ... in fact i'm laughing right now.
look man gamboa is better than valero in everything except powe valero is extremely raw , gamboa has some defensive liabilities too like droping his hands and not tucking his chin in ,, but if his chin holds up against valero he wins, valero has a one punch chance to beat gamboa, gamboa will either stop him or ud him valero's chin will be tested too and in case you dont know valero has been dropped and hurt before
ganchozurdo is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:29 AM   #59
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Exactly, i can't believe i was arguing with people on here that it wouldn't happen.

This is a great example of overhyping influencing people who don't know much about the sport.

Prospects need time to progress, they can't just be thrown in with Elite fighters. Pac would murder Gamboa.

Lets give the guy some time to really adjust to the pro game first before we go crazy.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:30 AM   #60
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

You're known as one of the worst posters on the forum with the smallest amount of knowledge and analytical ability. Yet you attempt to talk down to me as if it will have any effect. Sounds funny to me. In fact I'm laughing right now.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum