Old 05-19-2008, 05:58 AM   #16
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Re: At home with the Hattons

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
Hatton and his family are like a broken record that keeps playing the singing the same line over and over again.

Did we learn anything new about Hatton??? Know

Things we did know that they told us again.

Hatton eats and drinks allot when hes not training

and therefore gets fat, people call him Ricky Fatton

He likes only fools and horses so much he has the 3 wheeled car

His dad is small and shy

His mum is big and fiesty

his mates with his younger brother

he likes chinese

his mates with a disabled kid

his mum still works in a carpet shop

he used to live in a pub
See, this is the kind of post whichannoys me, yet again. it's absolute double standards. It was the first ever mainstream show telling people who his family are. You're a hardcore boxing fan, so you know about these things, but the majority of casual Hatton fans don't.

And why would it change your opinion of him, anyway? Sky produced the program. They asked them questions, chose what they wanted to show and edited it all down.

Answer me completely honestly. If the exact same formula was used on your favourite fighter, would you have the same negative opinion on the format?
Jack is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 06:20 AM   #17
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
See, this is the kind of post whichannoys me, yet again. it's absolute double standards. It was the first ever mainstream show telling people who his family are. You're a hardcore boxing fan, so you know about these things, but the majority of casual Hatton fans don't.

And why would it change your opinion of him, anyway? Sky produced the program. They asked them questions, chose what they wanted to show and edited it all down.

Answer me completely honestly. If the exact same formula was used on your favourite fighter, would you have the same negative opinion on the format?
During 24/7 for Mayweather and DLH you saw a real insight into the mindframe they get into. With hatton on 24/7 you just saw jokes. Same old Jokes. I think your wrong about main stream - hatton has been opn 100s of terestrial chat shows saying the same thing about his family.

Please watch "Magic Man" on tuesday night at 8:30pm on sky sports 1 I think, the documentary about Paulie Malignaggi, thats what a boxing doc should be like.

Whenever I have seen documentarys about Jones Jnr, Sugar Ray Leonard, Nas Hammed, Flotd Mayweather, Oscar DLH. Any of the HBO fight previews that they do i have always learnt something new about the fighter, or changed my opinion. Even Amir Khan documentaries I have seen do this.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 06:55 AM   #18
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

Rob, have a word with yourself mate.
mattress is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 07:29 AM   #19
dwilson

vCash:

Awful carpets.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:00 AM   #20
Jimbo
Super Sharp Shooter
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation
Yeah, I was disappionted that they didn't change his life story aswell, couldv'e said his dad used to an astronaut, his mum was from Zimbabwe, he murdered his brother, he used to live in Buckingham Palace...
It's all good stuff, but I suppose they were going for the truth angle for some reason.
Jimbo is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #21
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I just wanna see something in depth about Hatton. I wanna see the real ricky hatton not just the "fun time" ricky hatton.

I wanna know about what caused the cut throat at the weigh in with Mayweather, what his tactics were supposed to be. Why he thinks moving to welter is such a problem for him. How it really felt when he was KO'd

I would have alot more respect for him if he talkes about this and not playing darts.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:12 AM   #22
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I just wanna see something in depth about Hatton. I wanna see the real ricky hatton not just the "fun time" ricky hatton.

I wanna know about what caused the cut throat at the weigh in with Mayweather, what his tactics were supposed to be. Why he thinks moving to welter is such a problem for him. How it really felt when he was KO'd

I would have alot more respect for him if he talkes about this and not playing darts.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #23
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Rob, sky one isn't a sports channel, it's an entertainment channel.

They're not looking to create a documentary where Hatton discusses the aspects of boxing in and out. They want an irrerevent look at Hatton's life for a show aimed at casual fans.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #24
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I havn't sen it yet but the show got good reviews in the papers, people here need to remember while we boxing fans find some of the material repetitive, the last time most people will have heard/ seen Hatton was 10 minutes on the Al Murray show and before that the Sports Personality in December. Its a totally different audience, we arn't going to get 10 minutes with Hatton discussing the merits of the lead right against southpaws, they just want laughs and a public interest angle.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #25
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

you lot are sounding like Sky when they told me Hatton vs Lazcano was on SBO and not sky sports so that non Sky Sports subscribers could watch the fight.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #26
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

That fighter his gran was talking about sounded good - Oscar De La Mayweather
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #27
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

Quote:

Good point. Why don't you try emailing him or the people that make these programmes? The thing is, I suppose, is that there are more people wanting to see the lighter side of his life than those wishing to see the tough, warts-an-all parts. I dunno?

Personally I like the guy (not a particularly big fan of the boxer) and it seems that whatever he does, he's gonna get a sledging off most in here. While I respect your wishes to see what goes on behind the scenes, etc. I find it hard to believe that you would show him any more respect if that was provided. Most just bitch about the opposite to what he does. Like Calzaghe, he'll never get the respect he deserves.
mattress is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #28
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
you lot are sounding like Sky when they told me Hatton vs Lazcano was on SBO and not sky sports so that non Sky Sports subscribers could watch the fight.
No, that was a BS excuse. I don't know why bothered lying, I've have just said "thats the way it is, take it leave it". Pointing out that Sky One is a light entainment channel rather than a sports channel and "At home with the Hattons" is light entertainment and not sport is just common sense. The two situations don't compare at all, other than they both give you an excuse to whinge about Hatton.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #29
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:

He's not bright enough to be that Indepth.

I wouldn't be suprised If he talks on abount owning a caravan In North Wales chav style.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #30
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
During 24/7 for Mayweather and DLH you saw a real insight into the mindframe they get into. With hatton on 24/7 you just saw jokes. Same old Jokes. I think your wrong about main stream - hatton has been opn 100s of terestrial chat shows saying the same thing about his family.

Please watch "Magic Man" on tuesday night at 8:30pm on sky sports 1 I think, the documentary about Paulie Malignaggi, thats what a boxing doc should be like.

Whenever I have seen documentarys about Jones Jnr, Sugar Ray Leonard, Nas Hammed, Flotd Mayweather, Oscar DLH. Any of the HBO fight previews that they do i have always learnt something new about the fighter, or changed my opinion. Even Amir Khan documentaries I have seen do this.
All they did on that 24/7 most of the time was take the piss out of Floyd's padwork, talk about the pub and being one of the lads and hit that body bag.

I would of been ashamed to go to Vegas to cheer Hatton. He didn't even train like he was fighting the best.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum