Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
Shizzle
Meh.
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Bradley Pryce v Marcus Portman on June 21

On the undercard of the Amir Khan fight.

I know nothing about Portman but Pryce really needs to get his act together if he's going to go forward in his career. I'd have liked to see him in with Ryan Rhodes or Gary Woolcombe. This fight seems nothing more than a stay busy fight, and Pryce has had a lot of those recently.

Last edited by Shizzle; 05-19-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Shizzle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
dwilson

vCash:
Default Re: Bradley Pryce v Marcus Portman on June 21

Not a bad build up fight for Bradley to take after his Vegas debacle. Portman is an ok filler opponent who usually gives a good account of himself.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
Shizzle
Meh.
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

dwilson - do you think Bradley will push on this year?
Shizzle is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #4
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzle
dwilson - do you think Bradley will push on this year?

I hope so but I am not sure how far he can realisticallly go. The guys at the top of the light middle division do not seem too great so maybe if pushed he could earn a title shot and I honestly can not say I would be too surprised if he pulled off a result. I would like him to fight Jamie Moore or Ryan Rhodes but I do not think those fights will happen either. He was unfortunate to not get to fight in America because I think that is the route ****** will send him to try and get him a shot at a title. Pryce to me is Euro level but with ****** I can not see him following the European title path.

We have a good bunch of fighters at light middle in Pryce, Moore, Rhodes, Small, Hall, Coyle, Reynolds, McDonagh and Woolcombe. Some other old timers knocking about too but I would like to think he has the edge at the moment.

I would expect him to beat Portman by UD. Portman is a decent kid though.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Fact is Pryce can fight half decent domestic opposition and end up with a world title shot like Lockett and Rees have. Why would he fight anybody that can really test him.

Pryce will probably fight for a World Title by the end of the year as FW has only 2 world champs in his stable.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 09:13 AM   #6
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
Fact is Pryce can fight half decent domestic opposition and end up with a world title shot like Lockett and Rees have. Why would he fight anybody that can really test him.

Pryce will probably fight for a World Title by the end of the year as FW has only 2 world champs in his stable.

Yep. I think ****** will put him in with a few good foriegn opponents to test him and help him up the ladder. I doubt he will just be chucked into the fire like Lockett.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Yep. I think ****** will put him in with a few good foriegn opponents to test him and help him up the ladder. I doubt he will just be chucked into the fire like Lockett.
When has ****** ever done this?

Rees, Lockett, Skelton, the list is endless of FW fighters that have fought no more than domestic level getting World Title shots. He simplys feels its to risky.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

If he gets a title shot, there will be others that deserve it more. We all know what ******'s game is though. He's certainly no world beater, but I always make an effort to watch Pryce fight - he's terrific entertainment, always willing to trade.
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

I dont understand b y what you mean when you say 'push on with his' career. i think in recentfights he has turned his career around, he is doing well with the commonwealth title, winning in exciting fights aswel. he was never a Sugar Ray Leonard, but considering all the setbacks he has done very well.

I expect him to out tough Portman and maybe TKO him late. Worse fighters have got shots at a World belt, but I dont think he is currently ranked by any of the orgs so a title shot would be a surprise.

Id like him to push for the European title.
jc is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 06:59 PM   #10
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
I dont understand b y what you mean when you say 'push on with his' career. i think in recentfights he has turned his career around, he is doing well with the commonwealth title, winning in exciting fights aswel. he was never a Sugar Ray Leonard, but considering all the setbacks he has done very well.
He has a picture of Naz being "goofy" as his avatar. He lives in Croydon.

Just one of these facts should be enough to make you realise he is an irrational human being.
PrideOfWales is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum