boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2007, 05:01 AM   #1
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default UFC great card myth?n upse

I'm a huge fan of mma and boxing who has become disatisfied with the one sided boxing bill's putting up and coming boxers in against people who have little or no chance of beating them but you do occaisionly see an upset. My point is that recently the UFC have been doing the same thing and it is strting to **** me off. How often are we seeing a match up made where we can see a clear winner? Obviously in Ufc there is a larger chance of an upset, but how often do we hear josh rogan ect going on about how a fighter is so great when actually they are a lamb put to the slaughter. How dumb do they think we are?

Is anyone else feeling the same way after recent event line ups and the look of future events?
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Fife, Scotland.
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC great card myth?n upse

Yes, its no new thing though.
Its been going on for years in MMA, mainly because the talent pool hasn't been as large as it was for boxing.

But with the recent merger of UFC and PRIDE the mismatchs are more apparant and more unforgivable.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,267
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC great card myth?n upse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
I'm a huge fan of mma and boxing who has become disatisfied with the one sided boxing bill's putting up and coming boxers in against people who have little or no chance of beating them but you do occaisionly see an upset. My point is that recently the UFC have been doing the same thing and it is strting to **** me off. How often are we seeing a match up made where we can see a clear winner? Obviously in Ufc there is a larger chance of an upset, but how often do we hear josh rogan ect going on about how a fighter is so great when actually they are a lamb put to the slaughter. How dumb do they think we are?

Is anyone else feeling the same way after recent event line ups and the look of future events?
I see what you're saying.

Quick point in boxings defence - this years fights have been sensational and has a **** load of sensational fights lined up. UFC is a huge threat to them and boxing is stepping up to the plate.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC great card myth?n upse

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
I see what you're saying.

Quick point in boxings defence - this years fights have been sensational and has a **** load of sensational fights lined up. UFC is a huge threat to them and boxing is stepping up to the plate.
I know that great fights are still made in boxing and great fights are lined up for the future. Alot of promoters try to have a well balanced undercard too, on big and small events but mismatches are still taking place with the public made to beleive something different from the truth.

I have an ok knowledge of boxing/boxers and mma (i come way down the list compared to others on the site) and even i can see the irregularities.

Recently the UFC has been branded has the saviour of contact sport almost but once you inspect the fights made they too are often mis matches especially when a fighter has just come of a loss.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #5
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC great card myth?n upse

You mark my words the acquisition of PRIDE for the UFC will be a blessing but also its biggest curse.Dana is nothing more than an astute businessman with sharp acumen.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Under the oppression of a tyrannical government.
Posts: 2,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC great card myth?n upse

Thats fighting man, what do you want an seesaw battle every single fight? Some guys are just better then others but you don't find out until its over. Thats fighting.
Nuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC great card myth?n upse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke
Thats fighting man, what do you want an seesaw battle every single fight? Some guys are just better then others but you don't find out until its over. Thats fighting.
I know the deal but it seems we are supposed to believe that every UC fight is between the best and very evenly matched opponents. This is not the case. Fighters are getting built up the same way they do in boxing with up and comers fighting journey men nobodies who have little or no chance of winning.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #8
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC great card myth?n upse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke
Thats fighting man, what do you want an seesaw battle every single fight? Some guys are just better then others but you don't find out until its over. Thats fighting.
Dana White called UFC73 the best MMA card ever I see your either very gullible or easily pleased.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
amhlilhaus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC great card myth?n upse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
I'm a huge fan of mma and boxing who has become disatisfied with the one sided boxing bill's putting up and coming boxers in against people who have little or no chance of beating them but you do occaisionly see an upset. My point is that recently the UFC have been doing the same thing and it is strting to **** me off. How often are we seeing a match up made where we can see a clear winner? Obviously in Ufc there is a larger chance of an upset, but how often do we hear josh rogan ect going on about how a fighter is so great when actually they are a lamb put to the slaughter. How dumb do they think we are?

Is anyone else feeling the same way after recent event line ups and the look of future events?
only uneductated fools think that hasn't been going on from the beginning, hell ufc was started just to push the gracie's fighting style, bet they had a huge upsurge in students in the mid 90's.
amhlilhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:09 PM   #10
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: UFC great card myth?n upse

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhlilhaus
only uneductated fools think that hasn't been going on from the beginning, hell ufc was started just to push the gracie's fighting style, bet they had a huge upsurge in students in the mid 90's.
I know but i guess im just sick of having it shoved down my throat all the time. I know the situation has got to happen as well.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015