Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
vitesse349
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default gomez will beat khan

I dont care if you lot think im a nutter. I can feel it in my bones. I think wank ****** has made a big mistake this time. Probably wants revenge for alex arthur. Gomez is past his best, but what makes him different is the fact that hes a nutcase who has nothing to lose. Theres no pressure on him to win, he is expected to be destroyed. I think he will be in the best shape of his life for this, and he is the type of fighter who wants to destroy the best laid plans of people.

I expect khan to come out and be dazzling, picking gomez off easily and then it happens...BOOM...gomez catches him, and finishes him off. This is the one lads..seriously.
vitesse349 is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922
Default Re: gomez will beat khan

Hurrah!
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse349
I dont care if you lot think im a nutter. I can feel it in my bones. I think wank ****** has made a big mistake this time. Probably wants revenge for alex arthur. Gomez is past his best, but what makes him different is the fact that hes a nutcase who has nothing to lose. Theres no pressure on him to win, he is expected to be destroyed. I think he will be in the best shape of his life for this, and he is the type of fighter who wants to destroy the best laid plans of people.

I expect khan to come out and be dazzling, picking gomez off easily and then it happens...BOOM...gomez catches him, and finishes him off. This is the one lads..seriously.
I doubt Kahn has ever come across the likes of "gomez" before I'll be looking forward to this, gomez kind of reminds me of steve collins in the first Eubank fight, hes an absolute nutcase.
Paddy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Quote:

I really hope Gomez wins.
KCD is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1937

Brilliant, on a boxing forum the belief is there that Gomez - a shot to f*ck super featherweight - can beat Khan.

Well, shouldn't be very hard to convince the itv1 crowd that this is a fight then.

Khan KTFO Gomez, obviously.
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation
Brilliant, on a boxing forum the belief is there that Gomez - a shot to f*ck super featherweight - can beat Khan.

Well, shouldn't be very hard to convince the itv1 crowd that this is a fight then.

brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:

I find myself agreeing with you for once.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
vitesse349
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

believe you people..
Old 05-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Gomez may have enough left to surprise the doubters (fat joe) and the stiffy lickers (sleaze).....
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #10
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

believe you people..
Is that ever going to get the funding to be made?

The funniest part of that tralier Is were he's shagging the girl In the back of the gym.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #11
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Gomez may have enough left to surprise the doubters (fat joe) and the stiffy lickers (sleaze).....
I'm going by what I was told by someone else. I've seen a lot of Gomez fights in the past but nothing recent. My brother told me he saw Gomez (maybe in his last outing - I'm not sure) and he couldn't believe how old and slow he looked compared to a few years back.

This information together with the fact that Khan is bigger makes me think Gomez has not got much of a chance.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #12
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
This one isn't about being doubters or believers, this is about having a brain in your head.

What have you seen in the last 4 years that makes you think Gomez has a prayer in this fight? I've seen enough to tell me this isn't a fight. It's a massacre.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:40 PM   #13
rooq
East Side Guru

sorry jeff. as much as i'd like gomez to do the job, khan will win by RSF within 6.

but then again i might not be thinking straight cos i'm a massive khan fan and think he'll be p4p number 1 multi-weight champ by a week tomorrow.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #14
vitesse349
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
This one isn't about being doubters or believers, this is about having a brain in your head.

What have you seen in the last 4 years that makes you think Gomez has a prayer in this fight? I've seen enough to tell me this isn't a fight. It's a massacre.
the same thing was said about Haye V Thompson, Tyson v Holyfield, and countless other fights. Im great at picking these kind of upsets, I put big money on thompson to beat haye, and calzaghe to beat superman jeff lacy. I know whats going to happen, and im just giving you lot to make some money at the bookies. I will talk to you all on the 22nd of june. Look at junior witter last week. Some fighters are just all wrong for other fighters, and i believe Gomez will shock everyone, well everyone except me.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #15
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
the same thing was said about Haye V Thompson, Tyson v Holyfield, and countless other fights. Im great at picking these kind of upsets, I put big money on thompson to beat haye, and calzaghe to beat superman jeff lacy. I know whats going to happen, and im just giving you lot to make some money at the bookies. I will talk to you all on the 22nd of june. Look at junior witter last week. Some fighters are just all wrong for other fighters, and i believe Gomez will shock everyone, well everyone except me.
There is no comparison to the fights you mentioned. Thompson had just knocked out Rothmann, there was some form there and he hadn't lost in 3 years. Holyfield-Tyson???

I do not over-use the term SHOT. I do not call fighters who are a little past their best SHOT. Gomez is long past his best, I'll allow you to compare Gomez-Arthur to Thompson-Haye, two guys who were somewhat unproven against two slightly past best big heart types.
Not now though...
Gomez has been stopped in 3 of his last 6. And they weren't against Manny Pacquaio or Joan Guzman, they were against pretty average opponents.
And on top of his recent form, he has never fought at lightweight ever.

Please, don't put money on Gomez. Don't give it away.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum