Old 05-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #46
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: gomez will beat khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seconds out
Anyone know any whispers about Gomez's training camp, like is he looking good or what???

Wonder if he has had any inside help from Olivers Gym now that Khan has parted company with trainer Harrison.

Sure some of Gomez's fellow 'VIP Boxing' fighters train there and may know more than most about Khan's weaknesses....
elle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #47
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse349
I dont care if you lot think im a nutter. I can feel it in my bones. I think wank ****** has made a big mistake this time. Probably wants revenge for alex arthur. Gomez is past his best, but what makes him different is the fact that hes a nutcase who has nothing to lose. Theres no pressure on him to win, he is expected to be destroyed. I think he will be in the best shape of his life for this, and he is the type of fighter who wants to destroy the best laid plans of people.

I expect khan to come out and be dazzling, picking gomez off easily and then it happens...BOOM...gomez catches him, and finishes him off. This is the one lads..seriously.
not happening khan wins by TKO mid rounds
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #48
seconds out
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Wonder if he has had any inside help from Olivers Gym now that Khan has parted company with trainer Harrison.

Sure some of Gomez's fellow 'VIP Boxing' fighters train there and may know more than most about Khan's weaknesses....
This is a very good point.
I dont know why I want gomez too beat khan, i just have the uncontrolable urge to support him to knock khan the **** out!

Its more strange becuase I actually like khan.

Its ol fish eye ****** i bluddy hate and he thinks he deffo has it right this time after the AAA nightmare.

I would just love to see his face when his beloved cash cow runs out of milk!!
seconds out is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #49
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza1987
*reads thread*

*laughs*

*leaves*
*Reads post*

*doesn't laugh*

*blocks user*
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #50
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by pne buz
Can we have a poll please on the possible outcomes of the fight?
Well I'm going with the underdog.

Cmon Gomez.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #51
goldenboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

wishfull thinking.. gomez is finished!
goldenboy is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #52
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Can't see Gomez having any chance really

Decent enough little test for Khan, against someone who will get under your skin if you let him

But if he is a man in a hurry he should be looking for better opposition, it's a step back really isn't it?
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #53
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenboy
wishfull thinking.. gomez is finished!
What can I say?

I know he's "shot", I know he's "old", I know he was "only ever domestic level at best"

I've heard all the comments.

But I think he's got something left in the basement (sorry over used line I know)

Underestimate Gomez at your peril.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #54
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

I have only read the first post, so forgive me if Im not with the theme anymore, but Gomez has NO chance in this fight, none at all.
Its not that I think Khans that good, I dont, and think one day, soon, if he steps up in class, he will be ruthlessly exposed.

But Gomez has been brought to the table as he's a name, that carries no risk attached to it.
Gomez is done, has been for a long time, isnt a lightweight, and doesnt have anything left after a few minutes bar heart.

Khan stays away for a round or 2, then batters Gomez.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #55
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru

vCash: 334

Quote:
I dont care if you lot think im a nutter. I can feel it in my bones. I think wank ****** has made a big mistake this time. Probably wants revenge for alex arthur. Gomez is past his best, but what makes him different is the fact that hes a nutcase who has nothing to lose. Theres no pressure on him to win, he is expected to be destroyed. I think he will be in the best shape of his life for this, and he is the type of fighter who wants to destroy the best laid plans of people.

I expect khan to come out and be dazzling, picking gomez off easily and then it happens...BOOM...gomez catches him, and finishes him off. This is the one lads..seriously.

i hope so m8,fingers crossed!
warrior85 is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #56
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seconds out
This is a very good point.
I dont know why I want gomez too beat khan, i just have the uncontrolable urge to support him to knock khan the **** out!

Its more strange becuase I actually like khan.

Its ol fish eye ****** i bluddy hate and he thinks he deffo has it right this time after the AAA nightmare.

I would just love to see his face when his beloved cash cow runs out of milk!!
I know what you mean by that, i liked Khan in the beggining, thought he was a real talent. Although now i have had enough hearing how he is a world beater by ITV and just want him to be beaten by anyone he fights. It was the Willie Limond fight that did it for me.

The "i was never troubled for one second" attitude really ****in winds me up.

I think Gomez will make this a fight, but will be outclassed. Yes agreed, it is just an interesting name to feed the hype.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 04:29 AM   #57
rochsolloch
stephen chinnock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1963

i asked michael if he was up for fighting me at 135 and he said if the moneys right sure after i fought derry matthews then my bloodwork came back fro bbbc and i was told i was diabetic! its a shame i have a good chin like michael ,would have been in the trenches like the johannsen fight.i like michael and trained up in manchester at the phoenix gym ,billy grahams little sweat box,and sparred with him loads of times when he was helping me get ready or me him,the rubbish written about him is 80% bolllocks.

khan in 8 but gomez to hurt him.
rochsolloch is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #58
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:

I can see why you think Gomez would beat Khan. He has fought at a higher level and is a very good boxer in his own right. He is fiercely determined and is always involved in tear-ups. However, he is tired, shop worn and past his best. He can be hit and hurt and whilst he wrecked the plans of Arthur - who was in a similar posistion to Khan - I see him getting stopped by the halfway stage.

Khan TKO 8.
Ilesey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum