Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #31
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: hatton- lazcano

When you're used to Pat Butcher types anything is an improvement.
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #32
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Lazcano is currently worth a bet at 11/2
David UK is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #33
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
When you're used to Pat Butcher types anything is an improvement.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #34
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
Yes some serious racist ****s up north. I ventured up to Newcastle and Sunderland and one of the worst places I have been to. I am sure you guys are big enough to take care of yourselves. Watch out for those Geordie ladyboys.
Dont come back either. ****wit, dont know what part of the town you found racist but there just as many black lads out as white, you probs spent to much time looking for ladyboys.....
J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #35
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

To be fair, Newcastle is a much better night out than Leeds, which is seriously over-rated.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #36
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler
To be fair, Newcastle is a much better night out than Leeds, which is seriously over-rated.
Leeds still canny night out, Sunderland is shit awful, decent bars/pubs now but a scruffy town.

Newcastle is a class night if ya know the right routes, never known any racist bother..... plenty of bother but nothing specifically racist
J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 10:40 AM   #37
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

No - the one time we saw a bit of bother was in a bar not far from the 'Players' bar (about five minutes walk) a long thin bar with bogs at far end and a punch machine nearby - hence the trouble!

Not noticed any racism, but to be honest I don't pay attention to it, I find it all rather sad and pathetic. If you don't like someone, then fine, but don't bring race into it. The only thing that pisses me off more than that are those (all races) that use it for their own personal gain - but I won't go into that any further!

Leeds is OK I suppose, I may have got bored of it being there that often. You won't get a decent night out unless you have deep pockets IMO.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #38
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
No - the one time we saw a bit of bother was in a bar not far from the 'Players' bar (about five minutes walk) a long thin bar with bogs at far end and a punch machine nearby - hence the trouble!

Not noticed any racism, but to be honest I don't pay attention to it, I find it all rather sad and pathetic. If you don't like someone, then fine, but don't bring race into it. The only thing that pisses me off more than that are those (all races) that use it for their own personal gain - but I won't go into that any further!

Leeds is OK I suppose, I may have got bored of it being there that often. You won't get a decent night out unless you have deep pockets IMO.
Exactly its the person not the race, end of the day you find narrow mindedness everywhere anyway, always gonna be people like that of all races....

Same in town now...costly, if no deep pockets there is always Sunderland lol
J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #39
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dog
Exactly its the person not the race, end of the day you find narrow mindedness everywhere anyway, always gonna be people like that of all races....

Same in town now...costly, if no deep pockets there is always Sunderland lol
Yep - well I'm a white person, but do hate a few blacks and asians, together with whites. But that is not racist. Racism is hating someone because they are black etc - which I certainly don't!

If we are skint we struggle because taxi fares to places like Wakefield and Bradford are so expensive, so we would just stay in and get some ale in (the pubs near Elland Road stadium are awful!)
Old 05-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #40
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Yep - well I'm a white person, but do hate a few blacks and asians, together with whites. But that is not racist. Racism is hating someone because they are black etc - which I certainly don't!

If we are skint we struggle because taxi fares to places like Wakefield and Bradford are so expensive, so we would just stay in and get some ale in (the pubs near Elland Road stadium are awful!)
Racist bother is always going down in football, i guess anyway not that i go to matches now, never hear it around town or anything like that, apart from Ol' Hopkins lol its not part of Boxing really is it....

The problem is always Taxi's man, luckily in Newcastle if your out you have got all you need there and no need to commute elsewhere, it must be bad crack for you guys having to head out to Bradford etc....
J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #41
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

We don't go to Bradford!

Living within two minutes walk of Elland Road stadium means the taxi into Leeds is only a fiver!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #42
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
We don't go to Bradford!

Living within two minutes walk of Elland Road stadium means the taxi into Leeds is only a fiver!
Sorry missunderstood....long day of boxing talk does that to you

Not bad cop if only a fiver into Leeds, as you say its the money in town thats the bother init, not been to Leeds in years but its apparantly canny expensive is it....?
J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #43
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

depends where you go - if you start in wetherspoons as opposed to say a yates's you would barely notice the difference in price from a couple of years ago, whilst most of the better clubs in leeds are hardly any dearer than the shit ones for some reason
Old 05-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #44
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dog
Dont come back either. ****wit, dont know what part of the town you found racist but there just as many black lads out as white, you probs spent to much time looking for ladyboys.....
Fck you as well.

I dont plan to, biggest dump I have ever been to. I suppose I should have come to yours to find the lady boys.

When arseholes are calling you black bastard cus you are not a white anglo saxon then I would consider that racism especially if all you have done is walked past someone whilst minding your own business. Also calling my mate a **** bastard is not what I term normal behaviour.

Maybe it is normal for people to call each other referring to skin pigmentation up in Newcastle.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #45
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
Lazcano is currently worth a bet at 11/2
I agree he's 8/1 on some of the exchanges.
JonOli is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum