Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #46
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: hatton- lazcano

You never know after pressure fighters suffer that first loss...I can't see it myself but it might be worth a cheeky fiver at 8-1
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #47
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
You never know after pressure fighters suffer that first loss...I can't see it myself but it might be worth a cheeky fiver at 8-1
I agree, especially with Hattons lifestyle etc and age; around 30 now. He was pretty brutally TKO'ed as well. He may well win easy, and probably will, but you never know.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #48
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Juan Lazcano says he is destined for greatness and if anyone can beat Floyd Mayweather, he can.
The Mexican will bid to scupper Ricky Hatton's plans for a rematch with Mayweather when he meets the 'Hitman' at the City of Manchester Stadium on Saturday night.
And if he does so, Lazcano believes he could also send Mayweather crashing to his first defeat.
He said: "If there's someone out there that will beat him it's Juan Lazcano, but that's not even the immediate layer. I have to go in there and get to business with Ricky Hatton.
"Everyone can say they can do this and that, but in the end you have to perform and, you know, that's what Juan Lazcano is made of.
"All the answers will come to the surface on May 24 and that's all I want.
"I believe I have all it takes for greatness. It took a while for me to understand it and accept it and actually move forward and say 'OK, I have what it takes, I have greatness within me'.
"I'm ready to move forward and pursue and now, it's here, it's an opportunity and it's up to me to make the best of it. I'm ready to go out there and make the best of this opportunity."
Lazcano, who will be bidding to win Hatton's IBO light-welterweight belt, has not fought in 15 months and his last bout ended in a points defeat to Vivian Harris.
He has also lost to one of Hatton's previous victims, Jose Luis Castillo. That loss is one of four in 42 career fights.
However, the 33-year-old insists the fight will not be the one-sided affair that many expect it to be.
"Overall, it's a great match up, it's a battle of will, it's a battle of attrition.
"He is truly a great warrior and it's an honour for me to fight a great warrior.
"I acknowledge he has a tremendous heart, so it's an honour for me to go in there and do battle with Ricky Hatton."

Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2008, 04:11 AM   #49
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
Fck you as well.

I dont plan to, biggest dump I have ever been to. I suppose I should have come to yours to find the lady boys.

When arseholes are calling you black bastard cus you are not a white anglo saxon then I would consider that racism especially if all you have done is walked past someone whilst minding your own business. Also calling my mate a **** bastard is not what I term normal behaviour.

Maybe it is normal for people to call each other referring to skin pigmentation up in Newcastle.
Look you can find that anywhere, its nowt to do with Newcastle, if you got into some altercation then shit happens, and i been to worse places then Newcastle i can tell you, you dont get out much if you think Newcastle is a dump.

Frankly 99% of people around Tyneside are good people and if most of them had heard of anything like that getting shouted randomly in the street (if thats how it happened for you) then they would hav intervened, i know me and the lads wouldnt listen to that shit.

Your being to harsh on us up here its not the case....
J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #50
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dog
Look you can find that anywhere, its nowt to do with Newcastle, if you got into some altercation then shit happens, and i been to worse places then Newcastle i can tell you, you dont get out much if you think Newcastle is a dump.

Frankly 99% of people around Tyneside are good people and if most of them had heard of anything like that getting shouted randomly in the street (if thats how it happened for you) then they would hav intervened, i know me and the lads wouldnt listen to that shit.

Your being to harsh on us up here its not the case....
Fair enough. Just when it happens multiple times you think... maybe this place is not friendly towards non white anglo saxons.

The only other place I had it was in Georgia (USA).
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #51
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
Fair enough. Just when it happens multiple times you think... maybe this place is not friendly towards non white anglo saxons.

The only other place I had it was in Georgia (USA).
I know what you mean but i think you find those kind of low-lifes all over the place.

I probs was being over defensive, it may be dirty to an outsider but its our part of the island and we defend it....

There are masses of different cultures / races around the North and we live together better than some parts of the country i know that for a fact.....

Ok i take it all back your welcome back when you need a dirty night out lol

This was left over from Dunk's Alex Arthur party, here you go cheers mate no hard feelings

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #52
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dog

This was left over from Dunk's Alex Arthur party, here you go cheers mate no hard feelings

How did that get left over ? Was Scot H arrested before he found it ?
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #53
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

GEORGIA DO WHATTTTTT, hang on ya bastad i never knew that shit

J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2008, 11:25 AM   #54
J-Dog