Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #16
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wash-Heights, NYC
Posts: 1,311
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
Zab is faster, more agile, and better defensively than PW. Margarito has trouble with fighters that move around, and are elusive. If Zab just sticks and moves he can win the fight rather easily. Zab can beat Margorito to the punch all night
Same argument was made for why Zab would beat Cotto, Zab is a front runner, he will be in the fight for 20 mins then will wear down and eventually get beat! He had his years and now its over for him, i dont see him beating any of the top Welters! He should move up or down cause his in a division that seriously has no space for him right now!
Jose FM is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #17
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 623
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
Zab is a front runner and AM ramps up and gets stronger in the second half of the fight. . . bad equation for Zab. AM walked through the punches of the 6'2" Williams. . . he will walk through Zabs as well.

Like I said, picking Zab to win is fine but dont get crazy and say it would be "easy".
1st off where does this Zab is a "front runner" thing come from.
Be4 Floyd he went 12 rounds eas with evry1. Zab is a well conditioned boxer. He got tired against Floyd b/c Floyd hit him with constant bodyshots the whole fight, which took a toll on zab. That my friend can happen to any fighter. 2nd Williams dont got no power really, Zab has way more power than PW so cant compare that. And Zab would counter punch AM all night long. He is way faster than PW as well. Stylistically this is a bad match up for Margo. Margorito was overrated. He doesnt posess good boxing skills. Hes been gettin by for a while now. And I think PW just confirmed that.
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #18
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,171
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
Why are there so many people obsessed with Zab Judah, dis dood is a bum! Margarito would beat his ass ala what Cotto did to him!
He's nothing special right now, a fading B+ fighter who had the potential to have been a straight A. But as all but the most obtuse and/or biased fans of this sport know, Margarito is at best a C+.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #19
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Before the beating he got from Cotto I would've said Judah.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #20
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 623
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
Same argument was made for why Zab would beat Cotto, Zab is a front runner, he will be in the fight for 20 mins then will wear down and eventually get beat! He had his years and now its over for him, i dont see him beating any of the top Welters! He should move up or down cause his in a division that seriously has no space for him right now!
Cotto is a way better pressure fighter than Margorito for one. Cotto has more speed, more power. Better footwork to trap zab in the corner. margo aint Cotto, so cant compare them. And Cotto isnt better than Zab. Zab has all the tools to beat Cotto, he jus desnt make any adjustments in his fights and that always costs him. Zab could have beaten Floyd, Cotto, baldomir. These are all fights he could have one. But lack of in fight adjustments always costs him.
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:11 PM   #21
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
1st off where does this Zab is a "front runner" thing come from.
Be4 Floyd he went 12 rounds eas with evry1. Zab is a well conditioned boxer. He got tired against Floyd b/c Floyd hit him with constant bodyshots the whole fight, which took a toll on zab. That my friend can happen to any fighter. 2nd Williams dont got no power really, Zab has way more power than PW so cant compare that. And Zab would counter punch AM all night long. He is way faster than PW as well. Stylistically this is a bad match up for Margo. Margorito was overrated. He doesnt posess good boxing skills. Hes been gettin by for a while now. And I think PW just confirmed that.
Zab has WAY MORE power than PW????

Im done with you, youre obviously just an AM hater.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #22
alex-boxer42
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 507
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
Zab has WAY MORE power than PW????

Im done with you, youre obviously just an AM hater.
Zab had way more power in the Cotto fight then Williams had in the Margo fight. Granted Ive only seen two of williams fights but your only as good(powerful) as your last fight. Judah had crazy power in that fight(you could tell by how easily he stunned cotto) but fought retardedly and lost. I think he could have knocked out Cotto if he was smarter and just thrown more.

Btw Cotto cleans out the division imo. W12 MARGARITO KO9 WILLIAMS.
alex-boxer42 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #23
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex-boxer42
Zab had way more power in the Cotto fight then Williams had in the Margo fight. Granted Ive only seen two of williams fights but your only as good(powerful) as your last fight. Judah had crazy power in that fight(you could tell by how easily he stunned cotto) but fought retardedly and lost. I think he could have knocked out Cotto if he was smarter and just thrown more.

Btw Cotto cleans out the division imo. W12 MARGARITO KO9 WILLIAMS.
Zab doesnt have more power than Williams I dont buy that one bit, while Cotto has a suspect chin, Margarito has a rock solid chin and Williams was able to hurt Margarito at times being the feather fisted hitter he is while Zab well he has power hurt Cotto a couple of times but Cotto walked through it and still beat him down.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #24
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,865
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
1st off where does this Zab is a "front runner" thing come from.
Be4 Floyd he went 12 rounds eas with evry1. Zab is a well conditioned boxer. He got tired against Floyd b/c Floyd hit him with constant bodyshots the whole fight, which took a toll on zab. That my friend can happen to any fighter. 2nd Williams dont got no power really, Zab has way more power than PW so cant compare that. And Zab would counter punch AM all night long. He is way faster than PW as well. Stylistically this is a bad match up for Margo. Margorito was overrated. He doesnt posess good boxing skills. Hes been gettin by for a while now. And I think PW just confirmed that.

Well Floyd exposed him of that. He comes out strong in most of his fights, and then crumble at the half way point. He did it in his fight with Floyd, Baldomir, Spinks, and Cotto. This is his biggest weakness. I see the same thing happening with Margarito. He starts out strong the first 3 to 4 rounds, then start falling a part. Margarito by late TKO.
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #25
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wash-Heights, NYC
Posts: 1,311
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
Cotto is a way better pressure fighter than Margorito for one. Cotto has more speed, more power. Better footwork to trap zab in the corner. margo aint Cotto, so cant compare them. And Cotto isnt better than Zab. Zab has all the tools to beat Cotto, he jus desnt make any adjustments in his fights and that always costs him. Zab could have beaten Floyd, Cotto, baldomir. These are all fights he could have one. But lack of in fight adjustments always costs him.
Judah, cannot handle PRESSURE! All of Judahs losses are to people who pressured him (except for Spinks of course). He was doing fine against Tsyzu, Kostya kept coming towards him, got knocked out. Judah was easily beating Mayweather during the first 5 rounds, Roger told him in the corner "keeping pressuring, he dont wanna fight" What happened? Judah Lost! Judah did fine in the first round versus Cotto, Cotto keep coming towards him and broke him down! What will happen if he fights Margarito? THE PRESSURE WILL MAKE JUDAH CAVE IN!
Jose FM is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #26
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wash-Heights, NYC
Posts: 1,311
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Sayin that Cotto has better footwork and more power is no excuse for saying that Margarito wont pound the shit outta judah!
Jose FM is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #27
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: []D [] []V[] []D
Posts: 3,167
vCash: 181
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Judah may have his spots early, but Margarito is way too consistent from ding to dong.....I thought Judah had a shot against Cotto based on Cotto's shaky chin...No such luck here. Margo has a solid beard. Margarito stops a fading judah in the mid-late rounds or wins by wide UD.
errsta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:49 PM   #28
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 623
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
Zab has WAY MORE power than PW????

Im done with you, youre obviously just an AM hater.
no im not an Am hater, i am a fan of the sport. Am can do wat he pleases but the accolades you dudes give him is ridiculous. He dont deserve them thats why he gets the flack the he does. And Zb does have more power than PW, Stevie Wonder can see that
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #29
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 623
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
Judah, cannot handle PRESSURE! All of Judahs losses are to people who pressured him (except for Spinks of course). He was doing fine against Tsyzu, Kostya kept coming towards him, got knocked out. Judah was easily beating Mayweather during the first 5 rounds, Roger told him in the corner "keeping pressuring, he dont wanna fight" What happened? Judah Lost! Judah did fine in the first round versus Cotto, Cotto keep coming towards him and broke him down! What will happen if he fights Margarito? THE PRESSURE WILL MAKE JUDAH CAVE IN!
I dont buy that,I think if Zab would make in fight adjustments he can beat a lot of people. He needs a new corner, a better trainer with better knowledge to the game. And trust me you will see a different Zab. Zab's dad tells him to do one thing and it doesnt work, he continues to stick wit the same losing formula. If zab in the cotto fight would have done wat conventinal boxers do to face pressure. Which is jab to keep the person off and circled away, and whenever he got in close tie up. the fught would have been different. IMO And people kno it the truth. Cotto did what he was suppose to do I take nothin away from him, but all Zab need is a better trainer. He gets that and he will be a different fighter
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #30
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Margarito vs. Judah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
no im not an Am hater, i am a fan of the sport. Am can do wat he pleases but the accolades you dudes give him is ridiculous. He dont deserve them thats why he gets the flack the he does. And Zb does have more power than PW, Stevie Wonder can see that
Your just a blind hater. . . proven by dumb statements


- Zab would beat AM EASY
- Zab hits WAY harder than PW
- Zab is not a front runner



You know, you can pick Zab to win without making dumb statements.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013