Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #61
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky says he`ll fight Vladimir Klitschko!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler

Arrogant Wankers

Kevin Pietersen (would turn up to opening of envelope, loves his own voice)
Its Pietersons arrogance that I like. You need to be arrogant somewhat to be a success. But he's open about it.

It's Hattons phoneyness that is one of the main reasons I can't stand him. He's an egomaniac masquerading as a 'man of the people'. More to the point, what 'people' does he think he's a man of? Drunken chav lout icon, is what he is. He represents what a lot of people really hate about Britain right now, thats why the 'hate' he gets on here is so vitriolic.
Polymath is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #62
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath
Its Pietersons arrogance that I like. You need to be arrogant somewhat to be a success. But he's open about it.

It's Hattons phoneyness that is one of the main reasons I can't stand him. He's an egomaniac masquerading as a 'man of the people'. More to the point, what 'people' does he think he's a man of? Drunken chav lout icon, is what he is. He represents what a lot of people really hate about Britain right now, thats why the 'hate' he gets on here is so vitriolic.
What exactly are you basing this utter nonsense on? I can honestly say I've rarely seen such groundless idiotic rubbish posted and that's saying something.

Come on, back up the 'drunken chav lout' comment.

I'm going to a charity do on wednesday that Hatton is speaking at (along with Bruno, McGuigan, Cooper etc). One of many he does.

What good deeds have you done lately Mr Virtuous?
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #63
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

How do people know he's a phoney when they've never met him and everyone that HAS met him says he's a nice guy? What are you basing your opinion on? Gut instinct?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #64
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:

that sums it up nicely.
If you try to take everyone for a fool, don't be surprised when the few who have something between the ears end up despising you.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #65
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

I am sure someone just used the term 'arrogant wankers'?
mattress is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #66
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Like I said in the past, Hatton does charity work, looks after his friends and family and is a nice guy to his fans. That makes him a good guy, in my opinon. If you can provide any facts that goes against my opinon, lets hear it.

honestly, is more people in Britain followed his work ethic and attitude, we wouldn't be in such a state. Sure, a lot of his fans are scum, but that isn't his fault. He's a completely respectable fighter. Again, feel free to prove me wrong here.

When has Hatton ever been anything other than a nice person? I don't want to hear anything other than undisputable fact.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #67
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He represents what a lot of people really hate about Britain right now, thats why the 'hate' he gets on here is so vitriolic.
It's only from a handfull of assholes, or is it 'a few who have something between the ears', on here mate, not the world. Anyone would think he's done some hateful stuff when in fact he is a decent guy. Direct your hate toward someone who truly deserves it.....you will feel better in the morning, I promise!
mattress is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #68
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattress
I am sure someone just used the term 'arrogant wankers'?
Nah, it was "self-righteous bastards"...
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #69
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
Nah, it was "self-righteous bastards"...
lo and behold, just like buses, several of the bastards turn up at the same time!!
mattress is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #70
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattress
It's only from a handfull of assholes, or is it 'a few who have something between the ears', on here mate, not the world. Anyone would think he's done some hateful stuff when in fact he is a decent guy. Direct your hate toward someone who truly deserves it.....you will feel better in the morning, I promise!
Yeah, I don't understand why Hatton has such detemined haters. If he was truly a bad person, I'd understand it. However, it seems to be because they think he isn't, when others think he's God's gift. When you have people like Mayorga spouting their hateful rubbish, or even people like Judah and Hopkins, who trash talk all the time, it's completely puzzling why Hatton gets so much venom aimed at him. He doesn't deserve it at all. Again, it's the hypocrisy. There are worse people than Hatton is. In fact, I'm sure Betty is a Toney fan and that guy is a true arsehole. How can you like him, yet have a go at Hatton for not being a good person?

I'm sure it stems from the way the media portray Hatton rather than Hatton himself. Again, feel free to provide me with facts to say otherwise.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #71
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I am with you Jack 100%. I too ain't a big Hatton fan but as a person I really cannot see any wrong in him. He is a fine young man who obviously adores his friends and family. He is a successful boxer and is proud of his nation. He does a helluva lot of work for charity. He has a good boxing knowledge, doesn't discredit the sport, and shows respect to fellow fighters. He seems a pretty level-headed guy with few real personality flaws. What the hell is all the hate about? Frankly I am embarrassed about it, really am.
mattress is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #72
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Its into todays Sun.

Now why say you would fight Vladimir when he wouldnt even fight Witter?
And then he goes on to say in the article that Naz went out like a chump!!
Hatton isnt even worthy to carry Naz`s spit bucket. This northern monkey is getting way to big for his boots
Quotes?

I agree though that Naz was a level above Hatton no doubt. That guy could have been an ATG if he had the right mentality.
toffeejack is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #73
Fat Joe
Let's have it right
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Yeah, I don't understand why Hatton has such detemined haters. When you have people like Mayorga spouting their hateful rubbish, or even people like Judah and Hopkins, who trash talk all the time, it's completely puzzling why Hatton gets so much venom aimed at him. He doesn't deserve it at all.
I don't like the trash talkers and Mayorga taunting Vernon Forrest about his mother's death is about as low as it gets. I used to love Naz but I was young and impressionable when he came on the scene I don't think I'd feel the same way now.

With Hatton I think some perceive him to be a bit of a phoney, that's what attracts the criticism. Whereas the likes of Mayorga show who they are even if it's not particularly pleasant.
Fat Joe is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #74
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe
With Hatton I think some perceive him to be a bit of a phoney
Yes, but why? I'm 100% convinced he's a genuine nice guy and I'm a cynical bugger. He gets pulled for all sorts of shit on here some of it really is laughable.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #75
Mikey
I'm An Uzi Lover
ESB Senior Member

Hatton KO1
Mikey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum