Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #91
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky says he`ll fight Vladimir Klitschko!!

Well said Trips, its all a bit mad init, Beeston touched on it earlier that we should be proud of our fighters, totally agree.

We all from the same island and he's out there body-snatchin world champs on different shores, i love it me like, him and joe are a benchmark for our young fighters, the more world class fighters we got
the better, im a right hypocrite though coz i cant stomach Froch one bit....

Shame on me
J-Dog is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #92
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Betty, do you not feel though its got to the point where he gets pulled up for things that are trivial and not worthy of a mention if any other boxer was involved? If you try hard enough you can pick holes in any fighters words/ career/ actions, the guy hasn't fought Witter fair enough...its a bigger issue to some people than others but that aside what has he done thats REALLY that bad?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #93
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think Froch is a top bloke unless the C-word is mentioned.

He then metamorphs into this 'Witter like' sad case bleating on, we should send the two of them with a crate of stella's round to John Terry's house, perhaps they may like to cry together.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #94
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Gaz - well I think Hatton is worse than any other fighter I can think of ever for spinning, trumpet blowing and bullshitting.
I've also experienced his general fanbase a couple of times and most of them around me were cunts by any reasonable person's standard. Fair enough that is not Hatton's direct responsibility, he just wants the cash out of them.

j-dog, I don't see why I should get behind someone just because they happended to be born on the same patch of land as onesself. Yeah I get behind the Scottish national sides, but individual stuff makes no sense to me.
Did all you guys get behind Time Henman? I remeber being delighted when Ivanisevic beat him.
by the way, I reckon Froch is a good guy for boxing.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #95
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Fair enough Betty, I just don't see it though, I think its at the point on here that he's getting abuse for completely ludicrous (and sometimes childish) reasons. You want to talk about bad fans? Hayes ****ney muppets at the O2 were by far the worst group of boxing fans I've ever encountered, no one gives Haye any shit for it though.

I admit I'm pretty nationalistic, I get behind most things British. Henman is an exception though, I'm a bit of an inverted class snob. The whole middle class tennis thing turns me right off.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #96
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I don't mind tennis, but always disliked Tim Henman, because he had no bottle. But the Brits (most anyway) loved him because he was always able to lose gracefully and say he tried his best - when the reality was that he didn't have the guts or desire to be able to succeed, and realised that most Brits prefer losers anyway.

Remember Ian Botham in the 80's, here was a guy with an almost Australian desire to win and fierce competitiveness, yet the tabloids were 'Get Botham' for a decade.

****ing stupid if you ask me.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #97
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Betts i cant help it, im just patriotic, the flippin Americans dont rate our boxers and makes me back them all the more, but its not just coz he from here that i back him, cause there a million people on this island i dont....

I like the guy, i like what he has done for British Boxing, i like the way he fights, he's a hard man..... It just we dont have enough to shout about as Englishmen these days and he gets me shouting everytime....

I fcukin hate Tennis and that twerp Henman....
J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #98
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler
I don't mind tennis, but always disliked Tim Henman, because he had no bottle. But the Brits (most anyway) loved him because he was always able to lose gracefully and say he tried his best - when the reality was that he didn't have the guts or desire to be able to succeed, and realised that most Brits prefer losers anyway.

Remember Ian Botham in the 80's, here was a guy with an almost Australian desire to win and fierce competitiveness, yet the tabloids were 'Get Botham' for a decade.

****ing stupid if you ask me.

No personality either
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #99
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC
No personality either
That clenched fist thing he used to do made me laugh, he looked like a Jack Russell dry humping a leg.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #100
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
That clenched fist thing he used to do made me laugh, he looked like a Jack Russell dry humping a leg.
J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #101
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC

And the noises coming from the crowd: "Come on Tim! come on Tim!"

Not to mention "Henman Hill"; I mean, **** off, really, just **** off.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #102
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

The clenched fist thing used to really piss me off - he should have been an extra for the 'Guards' football team in Mean Machine a few years ago, there were plenty of clenched fists prior to kick off.

The whole Henman Hill thing was pretty bad, as was the nickname Tiger Tim. They haven't come up with a nickname for Andy Murray yet, 'Minty' didn't quite catch on - but to be fair he will have to get past the first round of a big tournament to change people's perception that he is just a curly topped mouthy, over-rated wanker.

For Henman Hill, you could have:

Murray Mountain
Sampras Slope
Federer's Fort
Old 05-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #103
J-Dog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
The clenched fist thing used to really piss me off - he should have been an extra for the 'Guards' football team in Mean Machine a few years ago, there were plenty of clenched fists prior to kick off.

The whole Henman Hill thing was pretty bad, as was the nickname Tiger Tim. They haven't come up with a nickname for Andy Murray yet, 'Minty' didn't quite catch on - but to be fair he will have to get past the first round of a big tournament to change people's perception that he is just a curly topped mouthy, over-rated wanker.

Murray Mountain
Sampras Slope
Federer's Fort
Williams Wide-Arse
J-Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #104
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Murray Mountain
Sampras Slope
Federer's Fort

I wonder if Murray comes from the same Robot factory that produced Henman; definite similarities there (personality-wise).
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #105
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Good question - I think Murray certainly has much more fire in his belly than Henman, and seems to have more desire to succeed. Trouble is - people will not warm to him with that kind of personality because he isn't proven at world level - i.e. semi or final of major event.

John McEnroe was a similar sort of character, but he had a bit more charisma and I feel part of the whole act was to wind himself up - the crowds warmed to him because he was a damn good player, as they did with the likes of Shane Warne in cricket, for example.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum