Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #16
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis and Jack Dempsey: Styles, A Twisted Mirror?

Lewis on his day could beat any man in history. He was a complete fighter (for a heavyweight) who could box or brawl, take the front foot or the back foot, lead with power shots or work off the jab.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #17
Marciano Frazier
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis and Jack Dempsey: Styles, A Twisted Mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
If guys like McCall and Rahman could take Lewis out, the Manassa Mauler destroys him early.

Lewis might have a size advantage, but when Dempsey starts throwing leather, Lewis ends up getting beat up just like Willard did. Willard, however, had a better chin. This one ends with Lewis out cold on the canvas.
Extra! Extra! Lewis sets out on quest to tame the wilds of the West and discover the Northwest Passage!
Entrusted with a faithful crew of several dozen ready adventurers, the president's trusted advisor set out today on a rigorous journey in which he must battle the elements and brave unknown dangers as he explores the Western New World. Many had misgivings as regards the probability of success in this venture, among them local sage Zakman, who had this to say:
"Lewis?! McCall and Rahman knocked him out with one punch! He'll be finished within four."
Marciano Frazier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #18
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 9,277
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis and Jack Dempsey: Styles, A Twisted Mirror?

I think Lewis was proberly the best big man ever and Dempseys toughest opponent but I keep seeing the bombs he landed on Willard and a picture of the Rahman right, I can also see Botha,Grant and Rahman2, this fight boils down to who can take it better or who can avoid taking it. Hard to match era's but I got Dempsey at 4 ATG and Lewis 10ish for what ever thats worth
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #19
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,052
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis and Jack Dempsey: Styles, A Twisted Mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis
I think Lewis was proberly the best big man ever and Dempseys toughest opponent but I keep seeing the bombs he landed on Willard and a picture of the Rahman right, I can also see Botha,Grant and Rahman2, this fight boils down to who can take it better or who can avoid taking it. Hard to match era's but I got Dempsey at 4 ATG and Lewis 10ish for what ever thats worth
Christ...i know not to put two fighter's names in the title if I want anything other than a fight in the thread, anyway!
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #20
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: Lennox Lewis and Jack Dempsey: Styles, A Twisted Mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
If guys like McCall and Rahman could take Lewis out, the Manassa Mauler destroys him early.

Lewis might have a size advantage, but when Dempsey starts throwing leather, Lewis ends up getting beat up just like Willard did. Willard, however, had a better chin. This one ends with Lewis out cold on the canvas.
Jesus ****.

I actually think Dempsey could win this fight, but it wouldn't matter if the thread was about James Toney and Lennox Lewis, you would still come up with the same ****ing canned response about the only two fights Lewis ever lost and predict Toney to win by KO.

Its just as stupid as discarding Dempsey for going down to a big shot from Flynn and then coming back to beat the shit out of him as it is for you constantly bringing up two guys that sent Lewis down only to get the shit beat out of them. There is some shade of gray between the chin of a LaMotta and a Litzau, Lewis falls in that category, and guess what, he is closer to LaMotta than Litzau, so drop your tired ****ing act and stop ruining every legit Lennox Lewis thread.


As for the actual thread, I don't think Dempsey would last very long utilizing the Manny method, he just wasn't that tall, and it would have wasted his best asset, utilizing constant forward motion and mauling people.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #21
Muchmoore
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Lennox Lewis and Jack Dempsey: Styles, A Twisted Mirror?



This thread is too funny, they didnt even read what it was about.

I think Lewis would have had more success with the opposite style than the other way around. Dempsey was a ferocious non stop warrior, not a boxer.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:39 PM   #22
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,052
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis and Jack Dempsey: Styles, A Twisted Mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Your analysis of Lewis is the worst I have ever heard of anyone's analysis of any fighter. Seriously, your hate is utterly ridiculous.
Yeah, his Lewis related analysis has to be tossed i'm afraid.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:44 PM   #23
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis and Jack Dempsey: Styles, A Twisted Mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Lewis on his day could beat any man in history. He was a complete fighter (for a heavyweight) who could box or brawl, take the front foot or the back foot, lead with power shots or work off the jab.
Lewis was no where near complete fighter, he was outboxet by older Klitchko an KO'ed by good journeyman. Lewis use his older years in his size advantage, very well....
Sakura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #24
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis and Jack Dempsey: Styles, A Twisted Mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura
Lewis was no where near complete fighter, he was outboxet by older Klitchko an KO'ed by good journeyman. Lewis use his older years in his size advantage, very well....
Holmes was outboxed by Michael Spinks too, but would have murder him in his pomp. Lewis did well, he knew it was time to move on to better pastures at his age. One who got out at the right time, a rare thing.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013