Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Good Hatton interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway
Tell jokes more than once.
I agree.

Do these guys think that Hatton is some sort of Comedy genius who can write new jokes for all of the hundreds of boxing interviews he does.

Hattons jokes, often repeated are his public ID (punch line). Frank Brunos was his repeated silly laugh......Eubanks was his repeated arrogant put downs...

Last edited by JonOli; 05-23-2008 at 08:57 PM.
JonOli is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 01:57 AM   #17
Words
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I dont understand all the hate over these interviews. What did he say that is so offensive? He seems like a genuinely down-to-earth and likable mancunian lad, how many other boxers do you see making a cup of tea for their interviewer, so whats the problem?
Words is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 03:28 AM   #18
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplesod
You are so ****ing weird! You hate the guy, we all know that, you detest him, this forum is now known as a boxing forum and a Betty Swollocks ranting about Hatton forum.

OK, fair enough, hate him but why the **** do you go out of your way to watch absolutely every single thing about him you can? Why on earth do you go into every single thread that involves him?

Is it because you think you are so much better than everyone else, that you are the only one who knows something special and this is your way of showing off your individuality and special-ness? Or is it because your hatred is a sociopathic, deranged and compulsive hatred?

I dunno, maybe you are just a gobshite.

"'43 wins from 44 fights, 2 weight champion, 6 world titles, one of the best p4p fighters in the world' me me me....me, myself and I."

How disgusting of him to talk about his career in a documentory/interview about his career, eh?
Funny thing is, you were slagging off the "At home with" show the other day, saying "I wouldn't mind if they actually ****ing discussed boxing!"

You're a real nasty, ignorant, idiotic, prick, you know?
nah, I don't go out of my way at all, and nor so I post in every Hatton thread. The guy posted videos for people to watch and I did, then commented. There many are anti-Hatton threads around the forum, ask yourself why, and how a guy you say is so cool around his people (and I'm not saying he isn't) is so disliked by so many boxing fans. And no, of course I don't think i'm something special. What a bizarre rant.
You see, we're judging him on different criteria so it's no surprise out point of views are totally different.
Not seen you in a while, do you only post around the time of Hatton's fights?
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 03:52 AM   #19
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks
nah, I don't go out of my way at all, and nor so I post in every Hatton thread. The guy posted videos for people to watch and I did, then commented. There many are anti-Hatton threads around the forum, ask yourself why, and how a guy you say is so cool around his people (and I'm not saying he isn't) is so disliked by so many boxing fans. And no, of course I don't think i'm something special. What a bizarre rant.
You see, we're judging him on different criteria so it's no surprise out point of views are totally different.
I'm afraid you are gulty as charged, you are relentlessly negative, suggesting Lazcano and Castillo didn't / won't even try (all utterly groundless), you post in nearly every Hatton thread - always negative - you accuse the Hatton camp of lying without any evidence to back this up.

It is massively weird behaviour on your part and you do seem to think that you are somehow more intelligent than anyone who supports Hatton.

Also don't say 'so many boxing fans dislike Hatton' please. This is not true. It's a few obsessives on the inernet. He's the most popular fighter in the UK, so you can bitch and moan all you like - your statement about him being widely disliked is, by definition, wrong.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 03:55 AM   #20
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

the interviewer is far too tame, he's basically sucking up and it's deadly dull, when he should be asking question like 'why have you never fought Witter, bullshit excuses aside?', 'what are these six world titles and who did you beat to get them?', 'where exactly do you put yourself p4p then?'.
Channel M (for Manchester) interviewer in 'not representing the petty gripes of an internet nutjob' shocker
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 04:04 AM   #21
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter
I'm afraid you are gulty as charged, you are relentlessly negative, suggesting Lazcano and Castillo didn't / won't even try (all utterly groundless), you post in nearly every Hatton thread - always negative - you accuse the Hatton camp of lying without any evidence to back this up.

It is massively weird behaviour on your part and you do seem to think that you are somehow more intelligent than anyone who supports Hatton.

Also don't say 'so many boxing fans dislike Hatton' please. This is not true. It's a few obsessives on the inernet. He's the most popular fighter in the UK, so you can bitch and moan all you like - your statement about him being widely disliked is, by definition, wrong.
I think you're wrong. Well if the posters on here are a reasonable sample of the world boxing fans (and a forum specific to boxing I feel it is), all you need to do it read through the forum to see that a decent percentage are negative towards the guy. I'm not talking about people who have no interest in boxing, or the wider UK audience. I referred to fans of the sport.

Ray Hatton has lied. He said that Hatton-Witter situation was nothing like Hatton-Mayweather as Hatton only started slagging off Mayweather after the fight was signed. Utter bollocks. That was clear case of lying, but most of the time it's spin spin spin mixed in with bullshit.

as for Castillo, look at the way he's gone recently...do you really think he's had much left? As for Lazcano, there are stories about him slacking off in training, but who knows if that's bollocks or not. What we do know is that he was never anything special, has not fought in ages and looked especially friendly at the weigh-in.
It's not just me saying all these things, stop kidding yourself it's just 1 lunatic doing so any everyone else loved Wicky.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:06 AM   #22
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Channel M (for Manchester) interviewer in 'not representing the petty gripes of an internet nutjob' shocker
again, don't kid youself it's only me.
Read around, there were even many disgruntled letters about Hatton printed in boxing news. They're not going to let unfounded nonsense get to print. Deal with it.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:19 AM   #23
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I think you're wrong. Well if the posters on here are a reasonable sample of the world boxing fans (and a forum specific to boxing I feel it is), all you need to do it read through the forum to see that a decent percentage are negative towards the guy. I'm not talking about people who have no interest in boxing, or the wider UK audience. I referred to fans of the sport.

Ray Hatton has lied. He said that Hatton-Witter situation was nothing like Hatton-Mayweather as Hatton only started slagging off Mayweather after the fight was signed. Utter bollocks. That was clear case of lying, but most of the time it's spin spin spin mixed in with bullshit.

as for Castillo, look at the way he's gone recently...do you really think he's had much left? As for Lazcano, there are stories about him slacking off in training, but who knows if that's bollocks or not. What we do know is that he was never anything special, has not fought in ages and looked especially friendly at the weigh-in.
It's not just me saying all these things, stop kidding yourself it's just 1 lunatic doing so any everyone else loved Wicky.
Fair enough

And of course, I realise it's not just you

I just think those (you included) who don't like Hatton make WAYYYY too much of it. The Witter 'ducking' became received wisdom, next up it will be Hatton's 'unpopularity'. You guys say this stuff so much you convince yourselves your viewpoint is gospel. It isn't.

Many of the reasons you give, well, I can see your point. I accept these things (spin etc) as part of the game, personally. I just don't see where it differs from what everyone else does. So why would I single out the Hattons?
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 04:28 AM   #24
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Fair enough

And of course, I realise it's not just you

I just think those (you included) who don't like Hatton make WAYYYY too much of it. The Witter 'ducking' became received wisdom, next up it will be Hatton's 'unpopularity'. You guys say this stuff so much you convince yourselves your viewpoint is gospel. It isn't.

Many of the reasons you give, well, I can see your point. I accept these things (spin etc) as part of the game, personally. I just don't see where it differs from what everyone else does. So why would I single out the Hattons?
I just think they're a lot worse that anyone else I can think of, and annoyingly manipulative.
we don't agree, lets move on.
I won't be watching the fight tonight, even though it's free here. Are you going?
Old 05-24-2008, 04:39 AM   #25
SleazeNation
Coal Black Horse
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1937

Quote:
I just think they're a lot worse that anyone else I can think of, and annoyingly manipulative.
I won't be watching the fight tonight, even though it's free here. Are you going?
I don't believe you, you'll watch it if it's free. I even think you'd pay for it if you had to - you're f*cking obsessed with Hatton, you seem to spend all your time reading his interviews and watching his documentaries.
SleazeNation is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 04:42 AM   #26
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No

I live down south, I could've timed a trip home to Manchester to see it, but if I'm honest it wouldn't justify the expense and the bank holiday traffic, I can live without

I'm not really a live event goer anyway, used to go the football a lot in my youth but nowt else on a regular basis

Surprised you won't be watching, but I won't sugarcoat it - I'm a Hatton fan and can't wait to see him
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 07:08 AM   #27
Triplesod
Drunk& pissed up on booze
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No, I am here come most big fights but I'm generally a lurker, it is only when Ricky fights that people come out of the woodwork with nasty, crazed rants, so I feel I should stick up for him. Not that he needs me to, not that he would give a shit what you lot have to say but just because I think it is right to speak up when I hear a load of blatent lies.

I won't address the rest of your post, Trotter has said it better than I could.
Triplesod is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 07:45 AM   #28
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
He may be disliked by a small proportion of boxing fans (some of which are newbs who think it makes them "hardcore" to jump on the bandwagon, esp. re Witter) and everyone is entitled to their opinion but its about levels and there are 4 or 5 people on here who have gone past disliking a person they have never met and decended in pure, obsessve, irrational hatred.

I read some of the compaints about Hatton and I'm unsure whether the likes of you, Scurla, Joe are genuinely pissed off or just havng a laugh.....they are THAT ludicrous its funny. Its like they are trawling the media each day looking for the slightest possible error made by the Hattons to blow out of all proportion and use it to show what a disgrace to boxing they are.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #29
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplesod
No, I am here come most big fights but I'm generally a lurker, it is only when Ricky fights that people come out of the woodwork with nasty, crazed rants, so I feel I should stick up for him. Not that he needs me to, not that he would give a shit what you lot have to say but just because I think it is right to speak up when I hear a load of blatent lies.

I won't address the rest of your post, Trotter has said it better than I could.
if you have the time I would like to hear what you consider to be these 'blatant lies'.
cheers.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum