Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #16
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
You're crazy, Hatton's resume is loaded

Juan Urango - Was an undefeated champ before Hatton got to him

Carlos Maussa - KO'd "Vicious" Vivian Harris

Ben Tackie - Yeah he had lost 2 in a row coming into the fight, but the guy did knock out Teddy Reid

Tony Pep - The Hugman knocked him out in 4 rounds, Floyd could only manage a a decision against him

I hope to all that is holy that you are not serious. Urango was undefeated fighting who. Is Urango a bum, yes he is. Maussa, how many times has he been knocked out. He got a lucky punch if there were ever a such thing over the 6rnd overrated harris. Tackie....stop the press.....stop the madness...Pep..lol..Pep.....he went 12 with floyd but took 12 rounds of pure D ass whooping at that was at feather. He moved up to 140 to fight hatton and he was older as well and 2 weight classes past his norm...wait a minute what the **** am talking about..you are either joking of ****ing half retarded..
Toopretty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2007, 11:02 PM   #17
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv
I guess we'll see how much PBF wants some of that UK $$$$ Hatton brings.

PBF is not - nor has he ever been - a draw. Hatton is. When you put the butts in the seats, you call the shots. I am quite sure Hatton's - and PBF's - people understand that.

I guess we'll find out how the negotiations go.
Once again I think that people are misunderstanding of what kind of money European fighters get. Huge crowds dont translate to huge money. European promoters are more into the setting. They have fights in 50,000 seat arenas and charge $10.00 US for people to get in. Where as in the States they fight in 6,000 or 7,000 is the norm where ticket prices will run from $100.00 to $5,000.00 US. You do the math.

As far as Floyd not being a draw..Well that is a myth, one started and keep alive by Floyd bashers even though the numbers that return on his fights prove otherwise. It was the combination of Floyd and Oscar that produced the biggest ppv sells of all times. Not with Tito who was said to be a draw, not with Mosley, not with Vargas, not with Chavez or Whitaker or Hopkins WITH floyd. I would venue to guess if Floyd were to put on a fight in the UK not even fighting a European fighter he would do great numbers. but until Hatton has a ppv you really cant call him a draw.
1lehudson is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #18
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

So let me get this straight. The general opinion here is that Floyd is the bigger man and Hatton making him "drain" to 140 will be the deciding factor in this fight? Just a few years ago the general argument was that Hatton could beat floyd using his size and strength advantage.

Hatton was the bigger man then and he's the bigger man now. Floyd has been more succesfull at higher weights because he is a better fighter, not because he is a bigger guy. What weight this fight takes place at is probably the least important factor in determining the outcome.
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
Once again I think that people are misunderstanding of what kind of money European fighters get. Huge crowds dont translate to huge money. European promoters are more into the setting. They have fights in 50,000 seat arenas and charge $10.00 US for people to get in. Where as in the States they fight in 6,000 or 7,000 is the norm where ticket prices will run from $100.00 to $5,000.00 US. You do the math.
Wow...it only costs 5 quid to see guys fight huh? So only a couple pounds more then a pint to see Hatton or Calzaghe? Guess you're starting to buy your own bullshit?

Don't worry, there are new nuthuggers here to agree with you.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:23 PM   #20
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Floyd fans just like to bitch and moan.

Day one: "Floyd's the best fighter from 154 down!"
Next Day: "WHy is DLH FORCING him to fight at 154?"

Day one: "Floyd's a natural 135er"
Next day: "Why Floyd gotta move down in weight for Haton?"

Day one: "Hatton said no twice is the reason Floyd can't be the lineal 140 champ"
Next Day: "Why can't Hatton move to 147 and fight for Floyd's belt?"

Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #21
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

IF you guys cried about Floyd NOT getting the Lineal title at 140, then SHUT THE F*CK UP and just hope Floyd gets his opportunity. Is it TOO late for Floyd to be the Lineal 140 champ? Morons....
Old 07-18-2007, 11:29 PM   #22
JMonster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

it's proven mayweather can make ne weight n shows no signs of weakness at them. hatton on the other hand IS the chanllenger AND is usually over weight neways
JMonster is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #23
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonster
it's proven mayweather can make ne weight n shows no signs of weakness at them. hatton on the other hand IS the chanllenger AND is usually over weight neways
Acttually, Hatton is thr Champ @ 140. If they fought there, Floyd would be the challenger. Only @ 147 would Hatton be the challenger. And WHEN was Hatton overweight?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:35 PM   #24
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
IF you guys cried about Floyd NOT getting the Lineal title at 140, then SHUT THE F*CK UP and just hope Floyd gets his opportunity. Is it TOO late for Floyd to be the Lineal 140 champ? Morons....
Floyd doesn't need another lineal title, he already has two(some argue 3). Meanwhile Hatton hasn't even won two legitimate alphabet titles let alone two lineal titles. This fight can take place at any weight, Hatton still loses.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #25
J_Roth
VRWC Hybrid Beaner
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2000

If I'm not mistaken Hatton is the Linear 140 Champ. PBF is the Linear 147 Champ. That should in itself warrant a catchweight. Makes sense to me.
J_Roth is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:38 PM   #26
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
Floyd doesn't need another lineal title, he already has two(some argue 3). Meanwhile Hatton hasn't even won two legitimate alphabet titles let alone two lineal titles. This fight can take place at any weight, Hatton still loses.
Last I looked, 4 LINEAL was better then 3 lineal. Agree with that?

Really, if Floyd can make 140, then what's the big deal? Don't you want tow guys to fight at their best? Hatton's NOT a WW. At least not w/o a couple more fights there.

And if you think Hatton loses, then what's the prob? I would favor Floyd @ either weight myself, but I would prefer it happen at 140 for a better fight.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:38 PM   #27
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

I guess I'm one of the few delusional fools that think the top guys at 147lbs give PBF a tougher fight then Hatton would. I mean Hatton will give PBF a rough outing but he will eventually be sliced into trail mix and placed in a local manchester pub.

I give Hatton this he's tough, rugged, determined and strong but he's slightly above average in the skill department that combined with his size mean PBF wins no doubt in my mind. I don't see why this fight should be made and it will only make Hatton less marketable in America once PBF disposes of him.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #28
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Wow...it only costs 5 quid to see guys fight huh? So only a couple pounds more then a pint to see Hatton or Calzaghe? Guess you're starting to buy your own bullshit?

Don't worry, there are new nuthuggers here to agree with you.
You are a moron, you come on here and act like you know something and you dont know shit. Check this out moron.

kessler vs Calzaghe the biggest fight that can be made in Europe, do you have any clue as to what the ticket prices are?? average price $350US with the cheap seats going for $80.00US and ringside going for $1,000US. On the flip side of that Tickets for Wright vs Hopkins are set at $225 to $11,182 or an average of $6,483.
chew on that for a while you jackass
Old 07-18-2007, 11:44 PM   #29
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Last I looked, 4 LINEAL was better then 3 lineal. Agree with that?

Really, if Floyd can make 140, then what's the big deal? Don't you want tow guys to fight at their best? Hatton's NOT a WW. At least not w/o a couple more fights there.

And if you think Hatton loses, then what's the prob? I would favor Floyd @ either weight myself, but I would prefer it happen at 140 for a better fight.
Lance in all honesty. What advantage do you think that Hatton would have at 140? Not arguing about where the fight should take place or why. But supposing it took place at 140, how do you think that will help hatton?
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 11:44 PM   #30
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Wright and hopkins are suppose to be fighters that have no drawing power

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum