Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 PM   #31
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 19,095
vCash: 75
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Last I looked, 4 LINEAL was better then 3 lineal. Agree with that?

Really, if Floyd can make 140, then what's the big deal? Don't you want tow guys to fight at their best? Hatton's NOT a WW. At least not w/o a couple more fights there.

And if you think Hatton loses, then what's the prob? I would favor Floyd @ either weight myself, but I would prefer it happen at 140 for a better fight.
Of course 4 is better than 3. However, I don't think Floyd cares too much about another lineal title. He's not going to go down to 140 to fight Hatton for his IBO belt. For some reason Floyd has a hard on for the WBC. That seems to be the only belt he wants. He said before the Zab fight that he would give back the crappy IBF belt when he won and he did. He always touts himself as a five time WBC champ, never mentioning his lineal titles. I would love to see the fight at any weight, however, Floyd is not going to fight for an IBO or even a lineal title if he can fight for the WBC title.
BigReg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 PM   #32
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Rumble you are an idiot a 36 year old retiring injured tsyu who has himself not beaten any other great fighter is not an accomplishment...lol
Another CLASSIC from TooSHitty. Right up there with Mosley's a coward who gets down on himself You really are a clown of the HIGHEST ORDER. Someone send this guy front row seats to the next INSANE CLOWN POSSE show coming near his hometown

If Tszyu was a nobody, MostSHitty one, then why was Floyd ON CAMERA before the Bruseles fight talking about how Tszyu wasnt old enough yet?? Because he wanted to beat an OLD Tszyu like he beat an old version of UNCLE Rog??

As for name opponents?? Mayweather, bramble, Ruelas, JCC, JUDAH(guess we can disregard PBF's victory as well ) Mitchell(ditto) and MAG, well who were they after all huh?? Tooshitty says so, it must be true

Now, many of those names were at the end of there career's and that's not the same as prime victories, but that's also coincidental with many "names' on Floyds record as well. the fact remains that Tszyu's style meshed very well with a guy like Floyd. Tszyu had the power and right hand accuracy that enabled him to catch slick boxers. What he had problems with were PHYSICAL BANGERS who applied non-stop pressure.

Hey....Hey.....TOO SHITTY
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 PM   #33
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
Lance in all honesty. What advantage do you think that Hatton would have at 140? Not arguing about where the fight should take place or why. But supposing it took place at 140, how do you think that will help hatton?
It doesn't need to be an advantage over Floyd, as I don't think he has one, but moreso it pits Hatton at a weight he's better suited for. I just don't like Hatton @ 147.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #34
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
Of course 4 is better than 3. However, I don't think Floyd cares too much about another lineal title. He's not going to go down to 140 to fight Hatton for his IBO belt. For some reason Floyd has a hard on for the WBC. That seems to be the only belt he wants. He said before the Zab fight that he would give back the crappy IBF belt when he won and he did. He always touts himself as a five time WBC champ, never mentioning his lineal titles. I would love to see the fight at any weight, however, Floyd is not going to fight for an IBO or even a lineal title if he can fight for the WBC title.
Floyd may as stay retired then. No point in him ever fighting again. HE can hold al the WBC titles he wants. It's just as bad as the rest.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #35
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
You are a moron, you come on here and act like you know something and you dont know shit. Check this out moron.

kessler vs Calzaghe the biggest fight that can be made in Europe, do you have any clue as to what the ticket prices are?? average price $350US with the cheap seats going for $80.00US and ringside going for $1,000US. On the flip side of that Tickets for Wright vs Hopkins are set at $225 to $11,182 or an average of $6,483.
chew on that for a while you jackass
No, you said $10.00 US in England bitch. Not talking about prices in the US ****sucker. NIOce attempt to backtrack. Now go back to smelling your own asshole smug bitch.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #36
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens NYC
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Wright and hopkins are suppose to be fighters that have no drawing power
Hardcore fans find great interest in this bout, I'm not jumping out of my thong for it but I wouldnt mind watching it being a hardcore fan. Its a fight of great importance for the history books.
Caper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #37
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,868
vCash: 950
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
It doesn't need to be an advantage over Floyd, as I don't think he has one, but moreso it pits Hatton at a weight he's better suited for. I just don't like Hatton @ 147.
The reason that you don't like Hatton at 147 is because the one time that you saw him there he was fighting a guy that he gave up a significant size advantage to. That would not be the case with Floyd no matter what weight the fight takes place at. It would be kind of like when Floyd fought mitchell. Just two 140 pounders fighting at 147. Even when he fights at 140 Hatton steps into the ring weighing more than 147
thewoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:51 PM   #38
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: boxaville
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
No, you said $10.00 US in England bitch. Not talking about prices in the US ****sucker. NIOce attempt to backtrack. Now go back to smelling your own asshole smug bitch.
I was give'n an example, but i clearly made my point. Now its you that is trying to backtrack, cuz once again ive have done an easy job of showing you to be the dumbass you are. Note I also undershot the price of US tickets in the first post, but you didnt mention that did you
1lehudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #39
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
The reason that you don't like Hatton at 147 is because the one time that you saw him there he was fighting a guy that he gave up a significant size advantage to. That would not be the case with Floyd no matter what weight the fight takes place at. It would be kind of like when Floyd fought mitchell. Just two 140 pounders fighting at 147. Even when he fights at 140 Hatton steps into the ring weighing more than 147
That may or may not be the case. WHile I do think Collazo was a big part of Hatton looking average, being a slick southpaw, most fighters rarely look good againt them. But like I said in an earlier post. I would prefer to see Hatton at 147 AGAIN before fighting Floyd there. To see how he handles the move.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #40
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: boxaville
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper
Hardcore fans find great interest in this bout, I'm not jumping out of my thong for it but I wouldnt mind watching it being a hardcore fan. Its a fight of great importance for the history books.
Oh I cant wait for this fight. I was merely making a point to Lanceundereducated
1lehudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #41
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
I was give'n an example, but i clearly made my point. Now its you that is trying to backtrack, cuz once again ive have done an easy job of showing you to be the dumbass you are. Note I also undershot the price of US tickets in the first post, but you didnt mention that did you


Jesus your an idiot....you tried to make some buillshit point on UK ticket prices. Uhm, YOU'RE WRONG.

How did you show me wrong? I never said ANYTHING about US ticket prices jackass. For you to have *ahem* corrected me, I would have had to say something.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #42
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
Oh I cant wait for this fight. I was merely making a point to Lanceundereducated
Uhm, you actually had no point.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #43
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: boxaville
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut


Jesus your an idiot....you tried to make some buillshit point on UK ticket prices. Uhm, YOU'RE WRONG.

How did you show me wrong? I never said ANYTHING about US ticket prices jackass. For you to have *ahem* corrected me, I would have had to say something.
I think that my fun with you is over, its like talking to a 10 year old. You get cornered and start to go all over the place. Clearly a logical person could see my point in the first post, you rebutted that point and was proved wrong. once again I was just making an example of prices and you know that, as i stated both prices were higher then I stated in the first post, but you being the moron you are only pointed out the one that promoted your argument.
1lehudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #44
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

I believe the fight should be at 40 for legacy/title sake but honestly?? Floyds not a big ww and the weight difference shouldnt make much difference in this MATCHUP.

Pbf isnt Collazo in style, stance, or use of size. Making the fight is more important than 40 or 47. Let Ricky come in at whatever he feels best at IMO
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:02 AM   #45
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton should just fight Floyd at 147.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
I think that my fun with you is over, its like talking to a 10 year old. You get cornered and start to go all over the place. Clearly a logical person could see my point in the first post, you rebutted that point and was proved wrong. once again I was just making an example of prices and you know that, as i stated both prices were higher then I stated in the first post, but you being the moron you are only pointed out the one that promoted your argument.
Excuuuuuuuuse me if I call your BULLSHIT... Yeah...$10 tix...wow!!!
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013