Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-24-2008, 02:56 PM   #31
TFFP

vCash:
Default Re: Hatton on Witter's loss

Erm, it was pretty shocking for Hatton to get knocked out, not many were predicting it. Mayweather isn't a big puncher at all, not at welterweight

I guess the warning signs were there against Collazo, he nearly got decked by a featherfist in welterweight terms
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #32
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks
you like that GIF don't you Max. Tell the truth, so do I.

The thing is that it was a long time pre-Hatton that PBF had put a dent in an opponent, elite or not, never mind spark them.
Yes, a counter left hook Is a thing of beauty so It's a great gif.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #33
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway
He nearly put ODLH on his arse with a perfect counter shot and Oscar has one of the best chins on boxing and is a LMW.

In the previous fight he was against Baldomir, who probably has the best chin in the WW division, so he was never going to hurt him.

And against Judah he was gonna stop him until Judah low blowed him.

So to KO a JWW at WW in the circumstances of Hatton losing his rag and chasing the fight, it wasn't that shocking.
nearly....
was going to.....
probably......

Ricky got beat up. He got smoked unlike any of his other recent opponents. Even Gatti stayed on his feet through rounds of abuse.
Only Hatton got decked and KTFO....deal with it.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #34
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b
Surely this is Margo.
Think it's quite close.

Baldomir taking big shots from Forrest without budging gives him the edge for me.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #35
dan-b

vCash:

Quote:
Think it's quite close.

Baldomir taking big shots from Forrest without budging gives him the edge for me.
Agreed. Margo's showing against Cotto will be pivotal.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #36
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Erm, it was pretty shocking for Hatton to get knocked out, not many were predicting it. Mayweather isn't a big puncher at all, not at welterweight

I guess the warning signs were there against Collazo, he nearly got decked by a featherfist in welterweight terms
You've said it yourself twice - Welterweight

He's clearly less effective there

I would have to agree though I was shocked to see Hatton get KO'ed by Floyd. Though I do believe Floyd has grown into 147, and with his precision, he carries more than decent pop.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #37
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks
nearly....
was going to.....
probably......

Ricky got beat up. He got smoked unlike any of his other recent opponents. Even Gatti stayed on his feet through rounds of abuse.
Only Hatton got decked and KTFO....deal with it.
Even you can understand the point, surely?

Mayweather not knocking out a LMW with a great chin, a WW who went on to move up to LMW with an iron chin and a low blowing Judah wasn't a shock and not a slight on Floyd's power......

Gatti stood taking punishment....Hatton walked on to a counter he never saw, that's the difference.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #38
Scratch
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
He nearly put ODLH on his arse with a perfect counter shot and Oscar has one of the best chins on boxing and is a LMW.

In the previous fight he was against Baldomir, who probably has the best chin in the WW division, so he was never going to hurt him.

And against Judah he was gonna stop him until Judah low blowed him.
You've just quoted three examples of Mayweather not knocking people out.

Quote:
So to KO a JWW at WW in the circumstances of Hatton losing his rag and chasing the fight, it wasn't that shocking.
It's probably worth pointing out that Mayweather started out a jnr lightweight, he's not some gargantuan monster that could be expected to club Hatton to death.
Scratch is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #39
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter

I would have to agree though I was shocked to see Hatton get KO'ed by Floyd. Though I do believe Floyd has grown into 147, and with his precision, he carries more than decent pop.
Obviously

But what the Hatton fans fail to realise is that Mayweather is not a real welterweight, when they make these excuses. Hatton walks around at about 180 minimum, Mayweather started off at superfeather for ****s sake!

He got KO'd because he was reckless, has a bad defence, and his stamina is getting worse by the pint
Old 05-24-2008, 03:03 PM   #40
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter

I don't think 2 fights is enough to be able to form such a solid view. How many fighters go from being a supposed beast to being so average in their first jump in weight.
Maybe Collazo is just better than pretty much everyone Hatton fought? And we saw Collazo's level in his loss to a true elite fighter in Mosley. He's average, but still better than almost all of Hatton's previous opponents. Though to be fair he hurt his hand against Mosley so that can't have helped.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #41
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch
You've just quoted three examples of Mayweather not knocking people out.

It's probably worth pointing out that Mayweather started out a jnr lightweight, he's not some gargantuan monster that could be expected to club Hatton to death.
I quoted Floyd's last three fights and explained why he wouldn't have KO'd them. I don't think there's a WW out there that would KO ODLH, Judah and Margarito.....one out of three maybe, not more than that. I think Mayweather would have stopped Judah without the low blow.

Mayweather still carries 147 better than Hatton and has good pop there. As I said, at 154 he came very close to dropping ODLH.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #42
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Obviously

But what the Hatton fans fail to realise is that Mayweather is not a real welterweight, when they make these excuses. Hatton walks around at about 180 minimum, Mayweather started off at superfeather for ****s sake!

He got KO'd because he was reckless, has a bad defence, and his stamina is getting worse by the pint
Well, I think Floyd IS a 'real' welterweight now. His body has grown and matured into the higher weights, whereas someone like Ricky hasn't.

And it's fair to say Hatton's walk around weight is not representative of anything, really.

But the last sentence I agree with wholeheartedly
trotter is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #43
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:

Oh indeed, guys like Corrales were total shit and taing shots from non punchers like Tsyzu and Tackie tells you everything.

Wasteman.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #44
Dibbs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I can't see how Witter wasn't motivated, okay his opponents were changed but that has happened to countless champions.

So if Witter wasn't motivated by fighting Bradley, wouldn't holding onto your WBC belt and bigger paydays motivate you? At this point in Witters career he needed to perform in every fight, and against Bradley he talked a good fight and failed to deliver. Bradley won in every department, the fight wasn't as close the judges called it.
Dibbs is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #45
under the wire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: When u sleepin im workin, when u workin im workin too
vCash: 500

I cant believe Ricky used the word wank, i didnt think he swore!
under the wire is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum