Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-19-2007, 04:48 AM   #1
j0hn0
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Can Maskaev beat Peter?

if the fight ever actually happens...does oleg even stand a chance? i wanna say no...but the only decent TRUE heavy sam faced he lost to.
j0hn0 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2007, 07:16 AM   #2
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Can Maskaev beat Peter?

oleg has a very good chance. he's got a few tools the only problem is his chin is not good and he's old. but his movement and slowness seem deceptive but with the new training he's been doing over the last few years he seems to be solid on all fronts.

if it's true that he had a bad back in training for the rahman fight, then it indicates he has remarkable stamina for an old fart.

i dunno, i would not be surprised if peter lands a PERFECT shot to ko oleg. (it would have to be a left hook. seems oleg gets ko'ed all by left hooks but i may be wrong). BUT on the other hand it would not surprise me if he squeeks out a rough and tumble UD over the young unrefined bull.

oleg despite his age can move around the ring for 12 rounds more than peter can. the question is: will peter improve his skils more-so since the toney fights AND get in great shape?

i have a feeling peter will come in not respecting maskaev much, and also not working on straight punches etc. and then flounder around after maskaev in a much like he did against wladimir. if however he comes into the fight like he did against wladimir (fit, super determined etc) then i can easily see him wearing down the old champ.

personally i think it's a UD/SD/MD for oleg who barely hangs in there at moments or a brutal ko by peter at any time.

but yeah... oleg is DEFINATELY in with a chance!
dragosuhail is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 07:20 AM   #3
LogDog69
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Can Maskaev beat Peter?

IMHO no. Klit hits harder than Maskaev and it took him 11 1/2 rounds of landing his right just to make Peter do a little Judah dance. Maskaev isn't a good enough boxer to outpoint Peter because judging by the second Toney fight, Peter has improved a lot. Maskaev will stand in front of Peter too often for too long and eventually get KO'd. Every fight Maskaev has lost has been by KO or TKO and with maybe the exception of Tua, none of Maskaev's conqueror's have hit as hard as Peter.
LogDog69 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 07:28 AM   #4
joe33

vCash:

If he failed to KO a fat and old james toney TWICE,then yeah id say he has a great chance to win,why not?,what has peter done then that is so damn great? I mean we were told when he came along,that he was a huge and devastating KO man,and hit as hard as tyson,but ive yet to see anything like that myself,he seems a decent enough guy,but way way over hyped.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #5
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe33
If he failed to KO a fat and old james toney TWICE,then yeah id say he has a great chance to win,why not?,what has peter done then that is so damn great? I mean we were told when he came along,that he was a huge and devastating KO man,and hit as hard as tyson,but ive yet to see anything like that myself,he seems a decent enough guy,but way way over hyped.
why are people always picking tyson as a reference for hard punchers?
Shavers
Foreman
Tua all used to be more powerful than tyson too..
boxingcar is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #6
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Of course he does. Peter's boxing skills are way overrated, and his power may be as well. However, Oleg is old and a little chinny, and when you take into account that Peter is more popular and promoted by Don King, I would expect him to win a SD, if neither fighter is able to knock the other out.
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #7
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingcar
why are people always picking tyson as a reference for hard punchers?
Shavers
Foreman
Tua all used to be more powerful than tyson too..

No mate i know that,but when he came along,they said he hit as hard as tyson,so thats why i mentioned him.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum