Old 07-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Chagaev vs Ibragimov -> October 13-th

What do you guys think? Who will win?

Personally i like them both.

Both of them are great fighters and honestly i dont want them to lose to each-other, they are undefeted and this match will bring a loss on the record of any of them.

I like Chagaev but i like the Southpaw Ibragimov also.

Which one to choose. I wish they will draw, though i know is very difficult for these two good boxers.

What do you guys think??

Cheers..
albaneze is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Chagaev vs Ibragimov -> October 13-th

Thanks for your reply tobkhan.

So you think Chagaev hmm?? I liked the grit and the heart that Ibragimov showed against the Gorrilla Briggs and i think its gona be a hard match.

Opinions Needed over here People, come on talk ..
albaneze is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Its far too early for this thread imo, still roughly a quarter of a year to go. still as its already been posted I say Chagaev wins a decision.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #4
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

I agree Ibrags win over Briggs was far from impressive, briggs moved with the speed of a turtle - if he moved at all, he hardly threw any leather, didnt close the gap, didnt jab, was the whole fight waiting to unload with his right hand but didnt press the action to come into position to do just that. He looked a shell of a fighter in there. He was no yardstick to go by for a fight against Chagaev, IMO
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #5
pugilist_boyd
BUSTED UP PUG
ESB Full Member

Changaev I Havent Seen Fight Much But I Think His Slipping ,countering Skills Will Earn Him A Unanimus Dec.
pugilist_boyd is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Chagaev easy. Ibragamov is a scrub who was lucky enough to be fighting an even bigger scrub for a belt.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #7
Feiti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I´ll go with Chagaev, but anything can happen
Feiti is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #8
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i like chagaev. i think these two fought in the amateurs world championship finals......and chagaev won.

chagaev can box just as good as ibragimov, but hits harder and has a better chin. and has beaten better competion!!!!
chagaevs best wins are against ruiz, valuev and euro champ virchis.
ibragimovs are vs briggs and shot lance whitaker!!
no comparison.....chagaev has better credentials.

ibragimov had lots of trouble with ray austin........not a good sign.

ibragimov however has one advantage: the fight is in russia.
maybe his countrymen can elevate him to a new level.

but i dont think so. chagaev by tko in 8.

and i believe chagaev will beat vlad too.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #9
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Iīd say Chagaev is the second best after Wlad and I concur heīd give him a close run for the money, but Wlad is still in a class of his own. Chagaev has never fought a fighter with such a hard snapping and accurate jab and neither a fighter with so much punching power, people might come up with the name of Virchis, but Virchis needs a stationary target to be dangerous, he doesnt punch that hard when in a motion, Chagaev had little trouble evading his bombs.

Still heīs the best out there after wlad, imo
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 05:10 PM   #10
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobkhan
Thatīs a very interesting point because i think Chagaev right now is the biggest thread to Wlad. And in i heard rumours that they sparred together a few years ago and Chagaev was looking pretty good, his style posed some problems for Wlad. But i donīt think any of the current hws could beat Wlad at the moment. I would be a great fight, with some scary moments for Klitschko. Letīs hope it happens in 2008.
personally, i think chagaev has the right style to beat him. he has a great chin, fast hands, a big punch..............and he is a southpaw.

he suckered the giant valuev into coming after him, then surprised him by countering sharply with his left hand.

remember, sanders suckered wlad into coming to him by backing against the ropes.
then he countered with his left hand..........and wlad went south.

chagaev can do the same IMO. and if his left hand lands on wladdys chin........goodnight.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 10:30 PM   #11
Armo_Ruski
best of da best
ESB Senior Member

i agree with albaneze when he said he doesnt want to see either man lose, i dont either... i love the way chagaev counterpunched against valuev... i think this is the main advantage here, and i do believe he will catch sultan with a big counter left that will decide the fight... good luck to both guys... chagaev tko 7..

does it bother anybody else that hbo and everybody else seem to brush this fight off like whatever, when fact is both men stepped up and are going to have the first hw unification fight in how many years???? chagave and iggy rule!!!!!!!!
Armo_Ruski is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 03:55 AM   #12
albaneze
HAXHI - The new Champ
ESB Jr Member

Interesting responses mostly favoring Chagaev.

I watched both of them fight Chagaev and Ibragimov. Both of them southpaws and good speed. Ok i agree that Chagaev has the better credentials regarding the quality of boxers he has fought. Maybe he will win against iggy.

But one thing regarding the fight of Iggy against Briggs.
When the journalist asked ibragimov how was the fight he responded:
I DIDN'T LIKE THE FIGHT. i was like what the hell is he saying !! he became HW champion and he didnt like it. Why what ?? Then i realized that he was prepared for a much better and more show like match which it turned out to be a oneway street from Iggy to Briggs.
I admire the humbleness of both of them as fighters, i was really surprised with how Iggy reacted after he won with briggs, very calm and down to earth he greeted his brother in his interview and all the people of his hometown, very funny, and very human.

Anyways one of them will lose and who ever it be it would make me feel bad for a loss in their record. Both of them are great boxers, with determination and heart. Thats a big contribution to HW boxing culture, being courageous and firm, believing in yourself that you can do it, screw briggs and valuev and who knows maybe one day Chagaev will have a shot on WLAD and he will be a tough target to overpass for WLAD.

GOOO IGGY ANG CHAGAEV.
albaneze is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #13
Bad_Intentions
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 153

great fight.
Bad_Intentions is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #14
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Chagaev is bigger, 230 to Ibragimov's 220. He is stronger, more skilled and has a better chin. He has more fluid punching technique and footwork, he has also fought and beat much better competition. I think Chagaev stops Ibragimov in the mid to late rounds.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2007, 03:30 AM   #15
sniper8888

this is intresting , chagaev is one good pro ,power,chin.skills, at 1st i went for ibragimov cause off his fast hands speed toughness , but chagaev counters could catch him out and i think chagaev will give him problems but i think it will go all the way ,ibragimov is tough and ready like the white tyson,lets for get ibragimov was down with ray , cause end off the day any big man can punch , and if it lands in the right place its GOOD NIGHT FOR ANY OFF THEM, GOOD LUCK TOO THEM BOTH ,WHEN IT HAPPENS AS CHAGAEV IS ILL
sniper8888 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum