Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #31
death
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 369
vCash: 1687
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

synth6 tastes the best. it's pretty decent to.
death is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #32
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 397
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

Kflex, what are ur thoughts on humapro?
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #33
Opti
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
synth6 tastes the best. it's pretty decent to.
I disagree. Syntha6 doesn't taste great/that nice with water but is lovely with milk!

Ya it is pretty decent but i find ON way better and have got better results from it and works out cheaper per scoop (for me anyways) as well
Opti is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #34
death
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 369
vCash: 1687
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

yeah I hear ya. might want to check out myotein to. I have never tried it though. lots of good reviews about the stuff.

I would rather just make my own. whey protein isolate powder at sprouts, whole milk, a couple egg whites, a little peanut butter or vanilla extract, a banana, and a little stevia. bam....I'm guzzling!
death is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #35
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 903
vCash: 675
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
I would rather just make my own. whey protein isolate powder at sprouts, whole milk, a couple egg whites, a little peanut butter or vanilla extract, a banana, and a little stevia. bam....I'm guzzling!
That sounds pretty good. If I weren't lactose intolerant, I think I'd make my own too. Love my milk and cheese, but can't have it.

I used spirutein some time ago when I was trying to reach a lighter weight. Spirutein is kinda low on protein (serving wise), but is loaded with vitamins. All flavors were good too. It worked pretty good for mainly muscle recovery.
Now that I'm comfortable at current weight, I too use ON. Chocolate flavor is the only one I can stand though.
JDK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #36
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

Just bought Scivation whey.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #37
death
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 369
vCash: 1687
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK View Post
That sounds pretty good. If I weren't lactose intolerant, I think I'd make my own too. Love my milk and cheese, but can't have it.

I used spirutein some time ago when I was trying to reach a lighter weight. Spirutein is kinda low on protein (serving wise), but is loaded with vitamins. All flavors were good too. It worked pretty good for mainly muscle recovery.
Now that I'm comfortable at current weight, I too use ON. Chocolate flavor is the only one I can stand though.
oh man lactose intolerence. I hear ya. hey on the bright side you could become a protein powder connoisseur.
death is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #38
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 903
vCash: 675
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
oh man lactose intolerence. I hear ya. hey on the bright side you could become a protein powder connoisseur.
Believe me, bro, there is NO bright side about lactose intolerance
I'm disciplined enough with my diet because of boxing. But restricting yourself to the good stuff because of immediate gaseous consequences is something else.
(And no lactaid does not work)
JDK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #39
death
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 369
vCash: 1687
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK View Post
Believe me, bro, there is NO bright side about lactose intolerance
I'm disciplined enough with my diet because of boxing. But restricting yourself to the good stuff because of immediate gaseous consequences is something else.
(And no lactaid does not work)
Hey, i know, i know. It sucks. Just trying to be positive. I have a friend that just looks at milk, and it's GBD. Maybe the phrase, on the other side of the coin would have been more appropriate.
death is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #40
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 903
vCash: 675
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
Hey, i know, i know. It sucks. Just trying to be positive. I have a friend that just looks at milk, and it's GBD. Maybe the phrase, on the other side of the coin would have been more appropriate.
I know what you meant.
I just needed a good excuse to vent my frustrations that I can't cheat even on cheat days lol

Anyway, back on topic.
Has anyone tried ON Hydro Whey? I'm perfectly happy with their "Gold Standard" whey. Just wondering if Hydro is more a waste of the extra 15 dollars.
JDK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:19 AM   #41
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

It's great, but it's expensive. I wouldn't bother.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #42
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

I don't understand why people are so concerned about how fast acting their whey protein is or if it has some carbs in it. That shit makes no difference to anything.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:10 AM   #43
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
I don't understand why people are so concerned about how fast acting their whey protein is or if it has some carbs in it. That shit makes no difference to anything.
I'm not, however whey protein has been a staple source of protein in my diet for the last few weeks.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #44
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

I've been with MyProtein for years,and usually go for Impact Whey or I/W Deluxe.
Got the Total Protein for a change but wasn't too palatable.Trying to cut down on shakes because I used them for much of my protein intake because I'm not the best eater but reading a lot of people saying liquid calories can be counter productive.
Any thoughts on MyProtein in general guys?
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #45
death
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 369
vCash: 1687
Default Re: whats best whey protein brand

also, maybe not exactly what your looking for but quest bars are pretty damn good.
death is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013