boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Biggame
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 668
vCash: 1000
Default Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

We all know that at 147lbs Floyd shreds Hatton, and in all honesty he shreds him at 140lbs to, but it will be much sweeter down there. Hatton will be in his element, at his best weight and Floyd gets to claim that 4th Lineal Championship Hatton held Hostage while Floyd was at 140lbs. I want the fight at either weight cause I'll be happy, but for Floyd the 140lb Lineal Title will launch him as won of the most decorated fighters ever claiming real Ring/Lineal Championships in 4 divisions! Floyd could also move back up to 147lbs, and sort out some more business. By then some other big 147lb fights will have happen giving more clarity and Floyd can fight one of those guys!! I hope it's either SSM, or Cotto!
Biggame is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
0-1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

I'll second that, it would be very very impressive if he'd fight the champ at his best weight, like he did with Oscar, but I'll be very surprised, because Hatton needs Floyd more than Floyd needs Hatton, and will probably give away that advantage in search of the payday.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 36,318
vCash: 75
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggame
We all know that at 147lbs Floyd shreds Hatton, and in all honesty he shreds him at 140lbs to, but it will be much sweeter down there. Hatton will be in his element, at his best weight and Floyd gets to claim that 4th Lineal Championship Hatton held Hostage while Floyd was at 140lbs. I want the fight at either weight cause I'll be happy, but for Floyd the 140lb Lineal Title will launch him as won of the most decorated fighters ever claiming real Ring/Lineal Championships in 4 divisions! Floyd could also move back up to 147lbs, and sort out some more business. By then some other big 147lb fights will have happen giving more clarity and Floyd can fight one of those guys!! I hope it's either SSM, or Cotto!
I agree. PBF's best weight is 140 and he would beat the **** outta of Hatton there. He has more speed and carries more power there as well.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
Biggame
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 668
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
I agree. PBF's best weight is 140 and he would beat the **** outta of Hatton there. He has more speed and carries more power there as well.
I agree, but i also think that Floyd might be just as adjusted to 147lbs now too and I think he's picked up more power. I can see his power at 140lbs being even more noticable now. Hatton get's stopped at either weight!!
Biggame is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

floyd beats hatton whatever weight they fight.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #6
Biggame
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 668
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-1
I'll second that, it would be very very impressive if he'd fight the champ at his best weight, like he did with Oscar, but I'll be very surprised, because Hatton needs Floyd more than Floyd needs Hatton, and will probably give away that advantage in search of the payday.
Hatton could also give in to preserve his ony real title!!
Biggame is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 1562
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

I hope it happens at 140, and I hope that all my support and optomism can help Hatton kick the **** outta PBF!
peter5 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:49 PM   #8
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

Hatton is so limited in what he can do in the ring as compared to PBF...this wouldnt matter at either weight....PPBF UD maybe TKO!
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:57 PM   #9
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,346
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

I doubt Floyd goes to 140. He just gave up the concessions against Oscar (not that I really think Floyd would have serious problems making 140), he'll probably not want to do it again, and this time want someone to come up to HIS division.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #10
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

It would be for his third LINEAL TITLE Not 4 IF HE CHOOSES 40, which he wont because Floyd doesnt want to face any fighter AT HIS BEST

But I do agree, I hope its 40.
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #11
Biggame
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 668
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
It would be for his third LINEAL TITLE Not 4 IF HE CHOOSES 40, which he wont because Floyd doesnt want to face any fighter AT HIS BEST

But I do agree, I hope its 40.
Whatever you say buddy!!
Biggame is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #12
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,929
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggame
Whatever you say buddy!!
It's not he say, she say, they say, it's action that makes Lineal.

Whitaker was the last Lineal 35 Champ, Ring decides he's their Champ at 35 and that makes LINEAL??

From 70 - Present

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (1970-1972)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [1972-1979, vacates title]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (1981-1982)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (1987-1989, vacates title)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (vacates title 1992)


But you are right that beating Hatton at 40 would be another Lineal title on his record To go a long with 30 and 47.
C Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,200
vCash: 500
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

I definately want the fight to be made at 140lbs rather than 147lbs. Both fighters are natural light welters and it would simply be a much entertaining fight as both would be at there best. Mayweather wins at whatever weight though.
Brighton bomber is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #14
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens NYC
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

Floyd UD's or stops Hatton at any weight, plain and simple.

Hatton's a good guy I think he's great for boxing but PBF's head and pockets only grow larger after he totally outclasses Hatton.
Caper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #15
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,017
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd...pls fight Hatton at 140lbs!!!

Whatever, PBF beats him any weight class. For his 4th title BTW...not 3rd, no matter what some people say.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015