Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
mmickyward
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default After seeing hunter and cook exposed which of our fighters can win a world title

We have some quality fighters around in britain but which of them are genuine world class.Besides from Hatton,witter,woods and calzaghe who are already there.

haye,froch,maccareneli,moore,mitchell ?
mmickyward is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241
Default Re: After seeing hunter and cook exposed which of our fighters can win a world title

Macca already has a title.

Matthews has potential as long as he's clean.

Moore seems to be getting hyped up because of the Macklin fight, but did Macklin do anything special to be so hyped off?
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
The Hitman
Journeyman

Default Re: After seeing hunter and cook exposed which of our fighters can win a world title

I think Haye can do it and I hope he does as I am a massive fan.
The Hitman is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
Shev
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Haye has a good chance as well as Andy Lee.
Shev is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Keep an eye out for Craig McEwan and Paul Appleby.
AllyT is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #6
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Alex Arthur will win a world title, and not just a WBO interim title
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #7
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

I think Arthur will be our next title holder, he'll inherit the wbo whens he wins the interin belt.

I think Haye will be our next legit champion, i realy fancy him against Mormeck.
jc is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #8
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

haye (although i make mormeck favourite )

arthur (if guzman vacates)

rees (only joking )

froch (when the belts get splintered after calzaghe beats kessler)
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #9
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Arthur should win on Satudary and I do not see Guzman defending so he must be the best bet at the moment.

Inevitable really he came from a very good amateur club
AllyT is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 08:11 AM   #10
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux

Moore seems to be getting hyped up because of the Macklin fight, but did Macklin do anything special to be so hyped off?
he stopped Chirkov with a brutal bodyshot in just one round and Chirkov had beaten Julio Cesar Vasquez .

Other than that Macklin's record doesn't show how good he really is .
I've never seen a man more determined to win a fight than Macklin against Moore , not Hatton against Tszyu , not anyone . Macklin fought like a man possessed(possibly an overused term but in this case it's true) , he seemed to be able to keep coming forward and throwing punches when he should have been falling to the canvas Wladamir Klitschko style(v Brewster) .

For Moore to beat a man of that skill who was prepared to give his life and then some shows what a win it was for Moore .
Moore is clearly above domestic level and I feel he's at or above European level . Whether he can make the next step is questionable , but he's in with a shout .
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 08:38 AM   #11
Mook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Haye and Froch are close to being locks, I think.

Then it gets tricky. I think Arthur will fall marginally short. I don't count Macca, i think he's pretty shite and should not have been awarded the WBO belt.

Don't rule out Michell and Khan. Khan has a great will to win also and is more than just a hype job. The chin might ultimately let him down, but he has the talent, seemingly the power, and definitely the ability to adapt.
Mook is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars
he stopped Chirkov with a brutal bodyshot in just one round and Chirkov had beaten Julio Cesar Vasquez .

Other than that Macklin's record doesn't show how good he really is .
I've never seen a man more determined to win a fight than Macklin against Moore , not Hatton against Tszyu , not anyone . Macklin fought like a man possessed(possibly an overused term but in this case it's true) , he seemed to be able to keep coming forward and throwing punches when he should have been falling to the canvas Wladamir Klitschko style(v Brewster) .

For Moore to beat a man of that skill who was prepared to give his life and then some shows what a win it was for Moore .
Moore is clearly above domestic level and I feel he's at or above European level . Whether he can make the next step is questionable , but he's in with a shout .
Didn't Jones have Moore all the over the place though? Moore seems Gatti like to me.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:48 AM   #13
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Quote:
Didn't Jones have Moore all the over the place though? Moore seems Gatti like to me.
Yes but Moore has come on in leaps and bounds since then , and boxes much more smartly nowdays(he was a bit of a Gatti back then) .

He did outbox him the first and second time(up to the DQ) , in the 3rd fight it didn't really go well for Jamie(in honesty he was getting hammered) but he stayed in there weathered the storm and eventually took Jones out .

I think Moore and Macklin will both prove themselves above the level they are currently fighting at .
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 01:19 PM   #14
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

I know It was only a tune up fight but Macklin did look better last night going back to Middleweight, much quicker and sharper on his feet.

Quote:
He did outbox him the first and second time(up to the DQ) , in the 3rd fight it didn't really go well for Jamie(in honesty he was getting hammered) but he stayed in there weathered the storm and eventually took Jones out .

I think Moore and Macklin will both prove themselves above the level they are currently fighting at .
What was the first Moore Vs Jones fight? All I was Moore stepped In because someone else pulled out I think.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #15
GOTTIcsc
Glasgow Celtic FC
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

Only seen him fight once,i was dissapointed with the way he went about his business.

A real let down.
GOTTIcsc is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum