Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 AM   #31
hulter
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lolland
Posts: 5
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
When the game goes down just as I've been stating time and time again for what, the past four months? Perhaps then you'll listen to me the next time I tell you how something is going to happen.
LOL


hulter
hulter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #32
jahobe
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 73
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
It won't be close - tell me I'm lacking objectivity but seriously, it's not even going to be a close fight - Kessler's major weapon won't exist for him against Calzaghe and his propensity to move straight backwards (yes, stumble backwards) will mean he's constantly being pummelled by the flurrying Calzaghe.

It's not worth arguing with people who don't have true boxing knowledge.

haha so the flurrying calzaghe will pummell him sending him backwards.. stumbling, i tell you mate i'm sick of arguing about this to but i had to reply to this shit, your knowledge of boxing must be unique if you believe kessler has just one major weapon and you also seem to think that joe will be able to bully kessler with his flurrying slap attack, but when joe is the one who is being bullied by kessler he won't have the opportunity to fight his fight.

but it's all just talk until it actually happens i guess, but for you to say it won't even be close, i won't say your lacking objectivity because you are entitled to your own opinion but you are lacking that true boxing knowledge you speak of if you think joe will have it so easy.

let me guess, you studied at the school of hard slaps?
jahobe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #33
Faetter_BR
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 889
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Look, bringing up Andrade as someone who "pressured Kessler" is apparent ignorance

When you have a land percentage of 10% in a fight and you don't adjust your throwing or at least throw less to try and hit more - it's obvious you're not really pressuring your opponent

Andrade gift-wrapped countering opportunities all night to Kessler.. you can bet your arse that Calzaghe would've done more with those.

But hey, bring the fight on - I'm really sick of arguing about it with guys who don't know boxing and that in effect, is what I've been doing.

When the game goes down just as I've been stating time and time again for what, the past four months? Perhaps then you'll listen to me the next time I tell you how something is going to happen.
Andrade was infront of Kessler for 12 rounds moving forward pressing Kessler back - for 12 rounds none stop. He didn't have much succes with it, but it sure was pressure.

Several here predicted that Andrade's pressure-style would give Kessler problems - because Kessler moves strait back, has no upperbody movement and will break under pressure. Kessler proved all those points wrong - due what you still claim he can't do - adapt. Andrade might not be a future worldchampion, but he had a style that forced Kessler to adapt - he could just keep Andrade away with the jab-jab-cross combination, because Andrade's chin made him able to move strait through Kessler's punches. So Kessler adapted.

Kessler also adapted versus Mundine, as he didn't have the fitness to box in his normal style.

As for Calzaghe beating Andrade - sure - but he'd have multible fractors in both hands doing so. And the arguement is stupid any way - Calzaghe hasn't got an opponent on his resume, that I don't think Kessler will beat - and what that "prove" - well nothing much in regard to who wins Kessler-Calzaghe
Faetter_BR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:51 AM   #34
Faetter_BR
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 889
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

he couldn't just keep Andrade away with the jab-jab-cross combination,
Faetter_BR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:04 AM   #35
jahobe
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 73
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetter_BR
Andrade was infront of Kessler for 12 rounds moving forward pressing Kessler back - for 12 rounds none stop. He didn't have much succes with it, but it sure was pressure.

Several here predicted that Andrade's pressure-style would give Kessler problems - because Kessler moves strait back, has no upperbody movement and will break under pressure. Kessler proved all those points wrong - due what you still claim he can't do - adapt. Andrade might not be a future worldchampion, but he had a style that forced Kessler to adapt - he could just keep Andrade away with the jab-jab-cross combination, because Andrade's chin made him able to move strait through Kessler's punches. So Kessler adapted.

Kessler also adapted versus Mundine, as he didn't have the fitness to box in his normal style.

As for Calzaghe beating Andrade - sure - but he'd have multible fractors in both hands doing so. And the arguement is stupid any way - Calzaghe hasn't got an opponent on his resume, that I don't think Kessler will beat - and what that "prove" - well nothing much in regard to who wins Kessler-Calzaghe


No doubt kessler can adapt, i agree with one of your earlier posts were you said something like kessler has not had to change his style to much because he is so good at doing what he does, he basically gets his way but when he needs to he can adapt, i think people really underestimate his boxing skill he is not just jabs and power shots he is an extremely good thinker in the ring and i am so impressed with his accuracy when he lets the power go. I hated the guy when i first got a glimpse of him in the mundine fight because i was in mundine's corner but after that fight i ended up seeing a fair few of his older fights and his fights since then and i think he is top class.

there is no doubting calzaghe's class, no matter what people say about who he has fought in the past he is an unbeaten champion and deserves respect, but Kessler is going to slap the respect out of him, kessler KO..
jahobe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:17 AM   #36
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 563
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur
I'll give the OP credit, he posted a very intelligent argument for his pick to win the fight. Its nice to read something other than "Kessler sucks" or "Calzaghe is 10x better"
However i stick with my prediction: Kessler wins. I've watched Calzaghe for most of the last ten years...he is a very very good fighter. But i think that he leaves him self open to a good jab. Kessler's jab is going to make the difference in the fight. Remember Calzaghe struggled against Robin Reid. IF you've only seen his fights with Lacy, Bika, and Manfredo you might think JC is better than he really is.
How and count how many jabs Reid landed against Calzaghe.

He leaves himself open to the right hand.

That is a known fact, yet the Kessler fans keep claiming Kessler will dominate with the jab.

This leads me to believe you all pick Kessler then look for a way for him to win after...don't find it and make one up instead.

"Calzaghe leaves himself open to a good jab"

Last edited by China_hand_Joe; 06-20-2007 at 07:20 AM.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:33 AM   #37
Tobang07
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
But hey, bring the fight on - I'm really sick of arguing about it with guys who don't know boxing and that in effect, is what I've been doing.
THEN STOP ARGUING. How hard can it be.

DONT POST ANYMORE on Kessler-Calzaghe fight and let all the dumb ignorant false knowledge idiots you claim everyone is, that doesnt aggree with you, have they debate.

Most people here doesnt care shit of your opinion. Your a joke to most.
You basicly have two things to say, and both of them are stupid.

1: Calzaghe will run over the the hype-job Kessler as a train on steroids. Kessler is a wanker and you hate him and all of his countrymen...bla..bla..bla.

2: Everyone in ESB can go **** them self, because no one have the godlike TRUE boxing knowledge as you have.

OKAY, you maid you point. And you have made it for, as you say, four months. Now go annoy someone else, cause everyone here knows your lack of reason and your hatefull soul.

And let the the rest of us argue on. Maybe you can create a "True boxing Knowledge Forum" somewhere.

GEEZ what a joke you are Blocky.

THe only comforting thing about all this, that everyone by now, knows what a big hatefull and unreasonable person you are.
Tobang07 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:43 AM   #38
Tobang07
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
That is a known fact, yet the Kessler fans keep claiming Kessler will dominate with the jab.
I doubt Kessler will dominate with his jab.
I also doubt that most reasonable Kessler fans believe that.

But im sure theres a good chance that Kesslers jab will cause trouble to Calzaghe style.

Wether its enough to win is hard to say.

By the way, when Kessler has his right side open, its only to invite the opponent to react on it.
Tobang07 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:13 AM   #39
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 2065
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Have the calfags haven't had enough on saying how great of a fighter their idol is?

500th thread repeating the same bullshits.

psychopath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:18 AM   #40
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 563
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

When it has been universally established that Joe Calzaghe is the best fighter of the past decade, I will sleep.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #41
The Man 247
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 75
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
When it has been universally established that Joe Calzaghe is the best fighter of the past decade, I will sleep.
Three Words For You.

Roy Jones Junior
The Man 247 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #42
sjc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: God loves Dire Straits
Posts: 619
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobang07
THEN STOP ARGUING. How hard can it be.

DONT POST ANYMORE on Kessler-Calzaghe fight and let all the dumb ignorant false knowledge idiots you claim everyone is, that doesnt aggree with you, have they debate.

Most people here doesnt care shit of your opinion. Your a joke to most.
You basicly have two things to say, and both of them are stupid.

1: Calzaghe will run over the the hype-job Kessler as a train on steroids. Kessler is a wanker and you hate him and all of his countrymen...bla..bla..bla.

2: Everyone in ESB can go **** them self, because no one have the godlike TRUE boxing knowledge as you have.

OKAY, you maid you point. And you have made it for, as you say, four months. Now go annoy someone else, cause everyone here knows your lack of reason and your hatefull soul.

And let the the rest of us argue on. Maybe you can create a "True boxing Knowledge Forum" somewhere.

GEEZ what a joke you are Blocky.

THe only comforting thing about all this, that everyone by now, knows what a big hatefull and unreasonable person you are.
Wow, bit harsh that.
sjc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:27 AM   #43
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 563
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 247
Three Words For You.

Roy Jones Junior
He's an American legend! So he must be better!

Roy was consistant, but Joe on his day is superior.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:28 AM   #44
The Man 247
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 75
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
He's an American legend! So he must be better!

Roy was consistant, but Joe on his day is superior.
Im not even an American.

Joe is nothing compared to RJJ. I just wish you could stop nut hugging joe. RJJ is so much higher than him its not funny.
The Man 247 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #45
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 563
Default Re: Why Calzaghe will beat Kessler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 247
RJJ is so much higher than him its not funny.
That doesn't make you immune to the media they put out everyday.

"So much higher"? Whoever is better, one thing we know for sure is it is close. You have demonstrated you are incapable of being objective for one second. I will now cease communications with you based on that and your avatar.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013