Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Wladimir is a crap? I dont think so...

as in other threads i clearly state that im a fan of Wlad so obviously i realise i'd have bias in somethings i say about him BUT... one thing that really annoys me about his "critics" is how they blow everything out of proportion. it's like they literally go blind or halluncinate stuff.

here's my count of wladimir's clinches against peter. (i think peter is currently the most trickiest fighter for wladimir out there bar none. however i still believe wlad will win a rematch and more easily too!)

1 5
2 6
3 8
4 6
5 10 (panic mode here. stunned by rabbit punches but that's it.)
6 1
7 3
8 5
9 5
10 7 (understandable as he was legitimately knocked down)
11 5
12 1 (im not even sure wlad successfully clinched in this round)

TOTAL 62

my criteria for what i considered a clinch. wlad did a few lazy attempts where he'd put one hand on the back of peters head from distance but peter shrugged them off. they are NOT clinches. to me a successful clinch is where he ties peter up. also some were peters fault. he didn't want to stay in the danger zone so literally fell into wladimir's chest asking for a hug. also there were one or two i didn't add cause it was a grapple from both fighters and usually as the bell rang.

when you really take off the Hate Goggles, you'll see that it wasn''t in the 90 to 100 clinches range. that's just absurd. and even the haters admit that you are okay to clinch when stunned/hurt.

i predict in potential rematch the clinches will be down to about 40 in total before peter is ko'ed. he looked ****ed after the fight while wladimir looked just tired. and so much for bad stamina! klitschko was circling on the balls of his feet in the 12th round like it was the 1st round! not to mention making peter to the hoola hoola dance with a flush shot when his supposedly bad stamina kicks in. the one good thing peter did all night was not allow wladiimr to rest. he applied pressure even tho it wasn't really effective and still wladimir didn't sit on the ropes or go all john huggy bear ruiz on him.

seriously the haters have got to stop it. if wladiimr was a geniune arsehole fair enough. i admit a fighter like anthony mundine has world class skills, but i wanna see him lose everytime out cause i dont like his personality. when he fought Kessler i was so happy the viking warrior one... and im an Aussie!

i guess the haters will be silenced at the end of wladimir's career. i mean, atm the latest complaint about wladimir is rather silly one. "wladimir is a boring fighter. a robot!" riiiight. first it was not willing to fight top level american fighters, then it was no chin. then no stamina, then afraid to avenge a loss, then limited to 1-2 combo. (funny his uppercut against lamon broke his jaw, and his triple left hook ko'ed ray austin without using the right hand ONCE. the same guy who argubly beat the current WBO champ!) and now.. it's wladimir is boring. the last one is funny cause it looks sooo much like straw clutching but in a lame half hearted way LOL!

oh and finally... another excuse for the irrational hate, is they say it's not wlad... it's his FANS! and why? more specifically cause some might say he'd beat ali, or is a top 10 ATG. well you know what? who cares? i might think some other fan's picks are head stratching worth, but i dont hate the fighter because of it! i mean damn, just humour them while wladimir is king of the world. no need to get an inferiority complex over something as trivial as a personal ATG list

enjoy him while he's around cause there's no garantee we wont see a new generation version of huggy bear ruiz!
dragosuhail is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Wladimir is a crap? I dont think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosuhail
as in other threads i clearly state that im a fan of Wlad so obviously i realise i'd have bias in somethings i say about him BUT... one thing that really annoys me about his "critics" is how they blow everything out of proportion. it's like they literally go blind or halluncinate stuff.

here's my count of wladimir's clinches against peter. (i think peter is currently the most trickiest fighter for wladimir out there bar none. however i still believe wlad will win a rematch and more easily too!)

1 5
2 6
3 8
4 6
5 10 (panic mode here. stunned by rabbit punches but that's it.)
6 1
7 3
8 5
9 5
10 7 (understandable as he was legitimately knocked down)
11 5
12 1 (im not even sure wlad successfully clinched in this round)

TOTAL 62

my criteria for what i considered a clinch. wlad did a few lazy attempts where he'd put one hand on the back of peters head from distance but peter shrugged them off. they are NOT clinches. to me a successful clinch is where he ties peter up. also some were peters fault. he didn't want to stay in the danger zone so literally fell into wladimir's chest asking for a hug. also there were one or two i didn't add cause it was a grapple from both fighters and usually as the bell rang.

when you really take off the Hate Goggles, you'll see that it wasn''t in the 90 to 100 clinches range. that's just absurd. and even the haters admit that you are okay to clinch when stunned/hurt.

i predict in potential rematch the clinches will be down to about 40 in total before peter is ko'ed. he looked ****ed after the fight while wladimir looked just tired. and so much for bad stamina! klitschko was circling on the balls of his feet in the 12th round like it was the 1st round! not to mention making peter to the hoola hoola dance with a flush shot when his supposedly bad stamina kicks in. the one good thing peter did all night was not allow wladiimr to rest. he applied pressure even tho it wasn't really effective and still wladimir didn't sit on the ropes or go all john huggy bear ruiz on him.

seriously the haters have got to stop it. if wladiimr was a geniune arsehole fair enough. i admit a fighter like anthony mundine has world class skills, but i wanna see him lose everytime out cause i dont like his personality. when he fought Kessler i was so happy the viking warrior one... and im an Aussie!

i guess the haters will be silenced at the end of wladimir's career. i mean, atm the latest complaint about wladimir is rather silly one. "wladimir is a boring fighter. a robot!" riiiight. first it was not willing to fight top level american fighters, then it was no chin. then no stamina, then afraid to avenge a loss, then limited to 1-2 combo. (funny his uppercut against lamon broke his jaw, and his triple left hook ko'ed ray austin without using the right hand ONCE. the same guy who argubly beat the current WBO champ!) and now.. it's wladimir is boring. the last one is funny cause it looks sooo much like straw clutching but in a lame half hearted way LOL!

oh and finally... another excuse for the irrational hate, is they say it's not wlad... it's his FANS! and why? more specifically cause some might say he'd beat ali, or is a top 10 ATG. well you know what? who cares? i might think some other fan's picks are head stratching worth, but i dont hate the fighter because of it! i mean damn, just humour them while wladimir is king of the world. no need to get an inferiority complex over something as trivial as a personal ATG list

enjoy him while he's around cause there's no garantee we wont see a new generation version of huggy bear ruiz!
I got nothing against Wlad but in my opinion 62 clinches is grounds for Disqualification. I didn't count but I think Ruiz clinched even more against Golota.
Loufatski is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
Vex_id

Great post.
Vex_id is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

well the styles made it more of a clincher. wladimir was dealing with a dangerous foe being a tall boxer, and peter seemed to want to kiss wladimir's nipples by falling into him rather than throw short sharp punches on the inside. people dont seem to realise that it's not a gentleman's sport. wladimir shouldn't have to make up for peter's falling method by pushing him to arms lenght so peter can have another crack at him.

next time if peter tries not to fall into wladimir but stay outside or in the pocket, he will be ko'ed and early. out of those 62 clinches about half were peter falling into position allowing wlad to lock him up.

i suspect peter didn't mind those brief respites from the steady diet of jabs and right crosses
Old 07-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Drozer, i forgot to mention that in my thread. maybe it's cause im half asleep or cause it's so obvious to us fans.

yep only 1 knock down was legit and that was in the 10th. any one who watched the replays and states wladimir was knocked down 3 times legit, immediately loses credibility in this argument of who will win the rematch.

some might make the argument that wlad PUT himself into that position therefore deserved to be hit but is just rubbish and desperation from the haters. if peter is so good, even after the toney fights, then he wont NEED to rabbit punch in those short windows of opportunity, but instead he'll land a variety of punches while in the pocket that are totally flush and legal... this i doubt very much
Old 07-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member

Even though, I think Vladimir clinched in a Peter's fight quite excesively, I agree a lot of the clinches were a direct result of poor Peter's movement, hence lunging forward.
Shpion is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wlad is a great champion, thats why he has haters, thats all you have to remember .
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #8
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

wlad is a big banger with a fragile chin. good but certainly not great.

but fun to watch sometimes.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 02:55 PM   #9
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

great post.
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #10
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Vlad is the best.
There are no good American heavyweights.
All bums.
rodney is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 07:06 PM   #11
Butch Coolidge
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I remember watching a lot of "the greats" like Holmes, Ali etc. participate in 15 round clinchfests. Rumble in the Jungle? Ali was all over Foreman like a starving tick on dog.
Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #12
Mr "T"
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosuhail
Drozer, i forgot to mention that in my thread. maybe it's cause im half asleep or cause it's so obvious to us fans.

yep only 1 knock down was legit and that was in the 10th. any one who watched the replays and states wladimir was knocked down 3 times legit, immediately loses credibility in this argument of who will win the rematch.

some might make the argument that wlad PUT himself into that position therefore deserved to be hit but is just rubbish and desperation from the haters. if peter is so good, even after the toney fights, then he wont NEED to rabbit punch in those short windows of opportunity, but instead he'll land a variety of punches while in the pocket that are totally flush and legal... this i doubt very much
I think the peter fight was one of his worst. He was tentative, gun-shy and confused-Thanks to Manny. The instructions were to test Peter's chin, then to fight conservatively, and cautiously,if peter could take a punch. When Peter waived off he punch in the 5th round, they went into "cautious" mode. Wlad should have let his hands go--Peter's power is overated.
Mr "T" is offline  Top
Old 07-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #13
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Calling Wlad crap is just as stupid as calling him the greatest heavyweight that ever lived.
Extreme exaggerations like those just make the person saying them look like an moron.

I suspect Wlad will be more aggresive if he fights Peter again. Peter is pretty one dimensional, and Wlad's confidence is quite high now.

But, you can never rule out a knockout when you look at Wlad's past.

That's actually one thing that makes his fights exciting. If Wlad had an iron chin, would it be as fun to watch!

Last edited by Lance_Uppercut; 03-16-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Boinko is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum