Old 05-31-2008, 12:39 PM   #31
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Samart Payakaroon KO5 Lupe Pintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan
............Honestly, McGrain, the man just shit his pants over there.
McGrain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2008, 12:43 PM   #32
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
Horrible - like, pound for pound one of the last guys you would ever want to see in the other corner.
Phew, totally agreed. He is the most intense fighter i may have ever seen. Actually he is closer to Chavez than Duran, but again with more physicality and agression. Chavez was crisper and a bit more refined in ways.

People chuckle but i maintain Fenech was a good chance of beating Gomez at 122, and indeed giving any Feather hell. I would put $500 on him over Pedroza in a heartbeat, and that's saying something. He would more than match him in filth, and kill him for strength and ferocity.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2008, 05:19 PM   #33
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
Phew, totally agreed. He is the most intense fighter i may have ever seen. Actually he is closer to Chavez than Duran, but again with more physicality and agression. Chavez was crisper and a bit more refined in ways.
I am really looking forward to seeing more of him.

It's not like I don't know Fenech at all, just that I don't know him that well - which used to be true of Payakaroon. It's funny, you get nearer the bottom of one fighter, and then you find out about another one you want to see about.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2008, 05:24 PM   #34
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Was it Lupe Pintor that fought Johnny Owen. Watching that fight still upsets me to this day.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2008, 05:27 PM   #35
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyVercettiX
Was it Lupe Pintor that fought Johnny Owen. Watching that fight still upsets me to this day.
Yes indeed, that's a horrible ****ing fight.

Owen's people and Pintor were in touch after the tragedy, fair play to them all. Owen's people actually used to fax him pre-fight to wish him good luck.

Rest in peace that man.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2008, 05:53 PM   #36
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
Yes indeed, that's a horrible ****ing fight.

Owen's people and Pintor were in touch after the tragedy, fair play to them all. Owen's people actually used to fax him pre-fight to wish him good luck.

Rest in peace that man.
Makes me sick just watching him fall after that final knockdown, you knew he was gone there and then.

RIP.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #37
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Full fight for those who haven't seen it. Samart's lateral movement is beautiful.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHACobgQY5g[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wl_CrMWYMo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAgoP9m2jqQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io5v8eyqirs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ4W6jBiQMM[/ame]

I can't find any info on the Netrnoi fight, I can barely find on any info on him. Anyone seen him fight?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #38
steve w
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Having seen the Pintor tape, I concede Payakaroon was better than I gave him credit for, I was at the Fenech fight and and at the time thought he was hopeless, but looking again on supplied video, Samart was completely overwhelmed, and he fought bravely taking blows that other fighters would have retired on, apologies for denigrating him in other post.
steve w is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #39
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

Payakaroon was at the end of his ropes in the sport by the time of the Fenech fight due to weight-draining and a general waning interest in it, not to mention Fenech was just an awful matchup for him.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 02:27 AM   #40
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve w View Post
Having seen the Pintor tape, I concede Payakaroon was better than I gave him credit for, I was at the Fenech fight and and at the time thought he was hopeless, but looking again on supplied video, Samart was completely overwhelmed, and he fought bravely taking blows that other fighters would have retired on, apologies for denigrating him in other post.
No probs He took a horrendous beating against Jeff, but the Thai was known for his exceptional bravery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
Payakaroon was at the end of his ropes in the sport by the time of the Fenech fight due to weight-draining and a general waning interest in it, not to mention Fenech was just an awful matchup for him.
Who do you see Samart matching up well against? How does he fare against the best 122lb fighters of the last 15 years or so, Barrera/MAB/Vasquez/Rafa? Would Izzy fair any better than Meza?

I maintain that he could've made more of a contest of it with Fenech with his legs underneath him Not much more mind.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 02:39 AM   #41
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post

However - i've also heard the occasional rumble that it was fixed. With the title technically vacant going into the bout, it is true that Pintor had less to lose than would otherwise have been the case - anyone hear anything about this?
I've never heard anything like that before - and that KO looks pretty damn legit to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Any opinions on Payakaroon more generally are very welcome.
He was an amateur star and was being groomed for big things right from the moment he turned pro (hence the reason he was put in with an ex-champ in his pro debut). He was an obvious talent, but seems to have bit off more than he could chew against Fenech, and never really recovered (mentally or physically) from that brutal KO.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #42
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

He never boxed amateur as far as I know M2S.

He was a four-weight Lumpinee Muay Thai champ (105lbs-126lbs IIRC) with numerous wins over Chitalada, and was known for his bravery in taking on bigger opponents (like Dieselnoi)

His debut opponent, Netrnoi is someone I'm looking to find out more about, but at 4'11 and having suffered losses to quality opposition, I can see why they weren't worried about putting Samart in with him.

He'd already had over a hundred fights by the time he fought Fenech, so it's no surprise he went back to kickboxing and only made another brief appearance in International Boxing (and he'd been competing in Muay Thai even during his pro boxing career)
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 03:20 AM   #43
steve w
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Fenech recently stated that no matter how great Manny is, he has no doubts that he would have beaten him at feather, and somehow, he has a case. Look at Fenech's feather resume and it is impressive, and having seen yesterday the Payakaroon tape, he was awesome.
steve w is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #44
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Well, Fenech would certainly have less trouble finding Manny @ 126

Glad you liked the Payakaroon footage steve Maybe you know realise I'm not a complete mentalist

How does everyone see Samart Vs Rafa/Izzy/Nishioka?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 03:44 AM   #45
steve w
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I pretty much respect all posts on this site. we all love boxing, I was just thrown by your nomination of Samart against such great orthodox boxers. I look forward to your contributions snd figure you were mischavios there, as I am aware your knowledge of the sport is greater than mine, but hey, we all have opinions.
steve w is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum