Old 07-19-2007, 07:58 PM   #16
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Jones Hopkins Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
To tell the truth, 70-30 was pretty fair, 60-40 was more than fair.
60-40 wouldve been good. But it always cracks me up to hear people try to put it all on Bernard.

Roy said 60-40, but when they sat down to get it done, all he was willing to give was 70-30. Plus, no catchweight. Now at the time, Roy was dominating the LHW division, Hop was a MW....to say no catchweight is a little ridiculous. Notice Hop-Winky is at a catch...whats fair is fair.

Tho, Hop probably couldve gotten a catchweight if he had agreed to the 70-30....so....like I said, both fighters fault.

And.....hindsight being 20/20, do you guys really feel Hop wouldve lost this fight??? Hop by UD if it had happened....to bad both their egos were too big to ever let us find out!

sues2nd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 03:12 AM   #17
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 962

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
60-40 wouldve been good. But it always cracks me up to hear people try to put it all on Bernard.

Roy said 60-40, but when they sat down to get it done, all he was willing to give was 70-30. Plus, no catchweight. Now at the time, Roy was dominating the LHW division, Hop was a MW....to say no catchweight is a little ridiculous. Notice Hop-Winky is at a catch...whats fair is fair.

Tho, Hop probably couldve gotten a catchweight if he had agreed to the 70-30....so....like I said, both fighters fault.

And.....hindsight being 20/20, do you guys really feel Hop wouldve lost this fight??? Hop by UD if it had happened....to bad both their egos were too big to ever let us find out!

Hell yeah he would have lost. 70/30 would have been fair considering Roy was a huge draw (only Tyson and ODLH were bigger) the champ and had already beat Bhops. RJJ was to fast, skilled and powerful and would have kicked Hopkins ass yet again IMO.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 03:16 AM   #18
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Yeah, I REALLY REALLY feel Hop would've lost. I see no way he ever beats a prime Jones. He could beat the Jones of today, but not that one. Jones was just a bad bad bad matchup for him.
Exactly a young green RJJ kicked prime hopkins ass already.
TheGreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum