Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Video of David Hayes team

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Relentless, you wanted to see this. This isn't what I was telling you about but it gives you a glimpse.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
Dennis
Gym Rat
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 182
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

That's some good shit. What was it you were talking about?
Dennis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

thanks achilles, i remember i met haye around 2 or 3 years ago where he told me he never runs!
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis
That's some good shit. What was it you were talking about?
We were talking about Hayes training and runners being S&C coaches.

This is Hayes training and turns out Duane Ladajo is his fitness coach, not his S&C coach.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 PM   #5
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
thanks achilles, i remember i met haye around 2 or 3 years ago where he told me he never runs!
When was it in his career? Three years ago was before his Thompson fight!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
We were talking about Hayes training and runners being S&C coaches.

This is Hayes training and turns out Duane Ladajo is his fitness coach, not his S&C coach.
isn't it the same thing?
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:09 PM   #7
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
When was it in his career? Three years ago was before his Thompson fight!
it was definatly before the thompson fight because people were reffering to him as the undefeated british prospect.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #8
BRICKS
the Pride of the Tribe
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: the black swamp
Posts: 327
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

good amatuer videos. didnt use his jab as much as he should have. but got the job done none the less.
BRICKS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:30 AM   #9
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
isn't it the same thing?
Generally it is. You get someone like Mackie Shilstone and he'll work on your stamina, strength, power etc

In this case, it appears Duane does the stamina and the other guys do strength, speed and power.

Now I know who those guys are, I've seen them in Hayes corner before but didn't know they were his S&C coaches.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:31 AM   #10
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
it was definatly before the thompson fight because people were reffering to him as the undefeated british prospect.
You just gave us more insight into pre and post Thompson Haye!

Did he really say he never runs? He said this in a serious voice with a serious face?

His stamina and workrate has improved leaps and bounds.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:19 AM   #11
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
You just gave us more insight into pre and post Thompson Haye!

Did he really say he never runs? He said this in a serious voice with a serious face?

His stamina and workrate has improved leaps and bounds.
i asked about his training, i asked him what his weight training routine is and what he does for stamina, he told me he basically just does bag work and skipping and i then asked him if he does any running/interval/circuit training and he told me bag work, skipping, mitts and sparring is enough to get anyone fit for a fight.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #12
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Video of David Hayes team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
i asked about his training, i asked him what his weight training routine is and what he does for stamina, he told me he basically just does bag work and skipping and i then asked him if he does any running/interval/circuit training and he told me bag work, skipping, mitts and sparring is enough to get anyone fit for a fight.
Now I know that little bit more about pre and post Thompson HAye.

Haye did an interview with Boxing News and I remember he said he runs something like 45 minutes. It was something substantial.

Like I said he has very good stamina now and can go 12 rounds.

I think Adam Booth is shit. I don't think he changed shit in Haye. I think Haye himself and his American trainer are what made him the new David Haye.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013